M 240 Film Finalist In Major Award :-)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings Folks,

Delighted to share that my first ever short film with the M 240 is a finalist in the UK Picture Editor's Awards:

Finalist In The UK Picture Editors’ Guild Awards | Photo This & That

This is a very high profile and competitive competition and to be shortlisted is indeed an honour.

Regards,

Edmond

• Like 17

Very nice. This looks like just the type of thing we would all like to be able to do. Good to know that such a result is within reach. All we need is talent and time, and accessories. What lens and what other gear was required to produce it?

Have you seen Jerry Seinfeld's Comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com site?

Very nice. This looks like just the type of thing we would all like to be able to do. Good to know that such a result is within reach. All we need is talent and time, and accessories. What lens and what other gear was required to produce it?

Have you seen Jerry Seinfeld's Comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com site?

Many thanks. Some background info here:

My First Leica M (Type 240) Video | Photo This & That

I haven't seen the comedians site; shall have a look. Thanks :-)

I watched it with my bf this evening, he liked it allot and so did I! But during the interview with I think it was the owner, the colours seem greenish, not as good as the rest of the footage!

We also liked the idea of the actual thing the movie is about! :)

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I watched it with my bf this evening, he liked it allot and so did I! But during the interview with I think it was the owner, the colours seem greenish, not as good as the rest of the footage!

We also liked the idea of the actual thing the movie is about! :)

Many thanks; glad you liked it overall :-)

The colours seem ok to me, but there are so many sources of light that it was a nightmare to shoot! Predominantly daylight, but with fluorescent lights (with a very strange green / red cast!) and strong halogens too!

I imagine that hard to shoot video in with mixed light like that...

I only noticed the 'ugly' colour rendition when the one guy was talking, seemed greenish and tad dark on my MacBook Pro.

Guest Essemmlee

I have just viewed the film and was impressed by two things:

1) The ability of the M240 to be able to manage the wide variation of light and to be competitive ('ish) in the video world.

2) The ability of the film maker to capture the film and to make it both interesting and very watchable.

It's not always easy, even with specifically designed film equipment, to make a video as good as this. You deserve your short listing.

Greetings Folks,

Delighted to share that my first ever short film with the M 240 is a finalist in the UK Picture Editor's Awards:

This is a very high profile and competitive competition and to be shortlisted is indeed an honour.

Regards,

Edmond

Big congrats my fellow Armenian M240 shooter!

• Like 1

I could really use a simple tutorial about how to set up the M for an interview for example. Which settings and which mistakes to look out for. Down to ideal aperture.

I shoot pictures, but video is a big unknown to me. So a simple step by step tutorial for a basic thing like an interview would be very helpful.

i have a question regarding videos, since our M lenses don't have IS, is it possible to do decent hand held shooting or do you have to use a tripod for everything ?

nice video btw !

Even with IS a tripod is always best. Following that, a monopod or a rig from homelike Zacuto. It's possible to do short clips handheld; the trick is to always be in smooth motion and practice lots.

Some info here: My First Leica M (Type 240) Video | Photo This & That

I have just viewed the film and was impressed by two things:

1) The ability of the M240 to be able to manage the wide variation of light and to be competitive ('ish) in the video world.

2) The ability of the film maker to capture the film and to make it both interesting and very watchable.

It's not always easy, even with specifically designed film equipment, to make a video as good as this. You deserve your short listing.

Many thanks for your kind words; much appreciated :-)

I could really use a simple tutorial about how to set up the M for an interview for example. Which settings and which mistakes to look out for. Down to ideal aperture.

I shoot pictures, but video is a big unknown to me. So a simple step by step tutorial for a basic thing like an interview would be very helpful.

I would find a workshop in your area and attend. There's a lot more to shooting video that one first assumes, but it is a journey worth having as for certain things, it's the best tool of expression. If you can put the time in, I'd also Google and see what you find; the info is out there but a tad too much of it and some misinformation too!

If you're in the UK, I do teach 1 on 1 bespoke workshops, the most popular of which is video, so get in touch privately and we can move forward.

Guest Gilgamesh

Can you provide the link in full please?

Here in China, it's being blocked so I need to change the VPN software on the Mac and try again and having the full link / http address would be useful.

Thanks

Can you provide the link in full please?

Here in China, it's being blocked so I need to change the VPN software on the Mac and try again and having the full link / http address would be useful.

Thanks

The link for my blog post is:

The link to the awards is:

Finalists 2013 | The UK Picture Editors' Guild

If these links aren't working for you, perhaps try searching for my name and finding the blog that way?

Edmond