47 members have voted

1. 1. Please help to choose a venue for the "One Challenge 2014"

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you to Andy and to all the Forum people I met, it was a great event. My highlight of the day, maybe for this year was to see and meet Ara Güler Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

I will update everyone on where to send their one best shot later as well as pass on news about next year's Challenge.

Istanbul it is then!   See you there Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Home sweet home:)

Thanks to Andy for organizing the event!

I have left Istanbul this morning with a very positive feeling.

Nice to meet "old" friends and to make new friends!

Istanbul was really amazing! Never visited a crazy city like this.

Türkisch people are very nice to tourists and photographing them was always welcome.

Excellent food. Easy to move around with the tram. Many opportunities to shoot interesting moments.... and so on.

See you next for for the Challenge Number 12!

John

HI Everybody

What a fantastic weekend - Back home after a 3 hour drive in torrential rain

- Thanks to everyone for making it such good fun, so many great people and so little time to talk to them!

Our experience at the airport was really not too bad this morning (good to see you John and Ritusko & Dan).

But of course - the real thanks go to Andy for inspirational organisation (and to Anne for putting up with him doing it!).

I can't keep up with Ferdinand's inspirational picture of Ara . . . . so here's a silly one of Andy counting the Dosh.

I can't keep up with Ferdinand's inspirational picture of Ara . . . . so here's a silly one of Andy counting the Dosh

I can remember the days when a visit to a Turkish cash machine would result in you being a Lira millionaire.

I'm looking forward to seeing the suggested locations for next year.

Thanks everyone, and especially Andy, for a great weekend. Also breezed through the airport (think t took about 25 mins from the metro to the lounge) and just arrived back in rainy Netherlands to relive the memories on my computer screen.

Signing myself up for next year's challenge now. Looking forwards to see the official announcement on the forum!

I can remember the days when a visit to a Turkish cash machine would result in you being a Lira millionaire.

Still the same - that was a handful Andy pulled out of the full wheelbarrow by his side

We also had it very easy this am - 20 mins from arriving at the airport to sitting down in the departure lounge sipping coffee.

Bumped into farnz, he also was very quick.

Falstaff

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Still the same - that was a handful Andy pulled out of the full wheelbarrow by his side .

I once withdrew around £50 in TL, and there were so many notes I couldn't fold my wallet to put it in my pocket. I should have thought about buying a wheelbarrow, thanks for the suggestion.

… Bumped into farnz, he also was very quick.

Yes, right through to airside in about half an hour so Lars and Stefan must have hit rush hour. Still, I got my just desserts by being sat next to a squirming and screaming toddler for the 4-hour flight. It seemed much, much longer than 4 hours …

Thanks to Andy for organising and putting up with us and it was just wonderful to see familiar friendly faces again - particularly surprise attendees Falstaff and Semrich - and to see newcomers, who I hope had a pleasant and friendly experience and felt included. Special kudos to Erl and Melanie for making the epic trek from Australia. On the other hand it was a shame not to meet up with stalwarts such as Stunsworth, Earleygallery, Bill, Robert_Parker, Jana Stein, but priorities can't be ignored.

Another One Challenge weekend done and I'm already looking forward to the next.

Pete.

Yes, right through to airside in about half an hour so Lars and Stefan must have hit rush hour.

Pete.

I think Stefan was just unluky, not sure abour Lars though, we did agree he looked highly suspicious

:)

Falstaff

Here's what to do next...

Choose your one best photograph from the maximum of 36 taken in the two hours allotted on Saturday afternoon, and send it to me at this address:

luf @ andybarton.com

Please put Istanbul Challenge in the subject line of the email.

Normal Forum Rules apply re image and file size and I will make sure that any EXIF data is removed before I put them into the judging thread.

You have until 1st November to send them to me and I will create the judging thread ASAP after that.

Thanks!

Left Istanbul Monday lunchtime but the half hour delay made us 3 minutes late for our connecting flight to Nice; so, instead of arriving home aroud 19:00, we got there around 01:00...

But no complaints, it was worth it and Istanbul blew away all the misconceptions I had. Andy is to be particularly commended for his commitment, his patience and his good humour when the bill had to be paid.

Unfortunately, not enough time to chat with everyone, it was great to see you all. Now the hard part: decision time!

Veronique and I arrived back from Istanbul yesterday, with a lot of nice memories. Our flight left from the airport Sabiha Gokcen on the Asian side, it took us about 30 minutes to get through all checkpoints, comparable to any other airport, considering it was quite busy. Being more of an analogue person I did not appreciate the double X-ray so much. Some of my films may well have passed 7(!) different X-rays, at airports and Musea on this trip. I will later today discover if my challenge roll has survived intact.

It was very nice to meet you all again, and - yes - some faces were missed! Thank you again Andy for your patience, time and organisation! And thank you all for the nice and inspiring company as well as for the "insider tips".

Good light and may your challenge picture choice be an inspiring one!

Christoph

Ripon and I arrived back in London this afternoon, leaving Istanbul early and efficiently this morning.

We both loved Istanbul very much, and appreciate the 'excuse' for our first visit there.

I regret not having as much time talking and drinking with other forum members as in years gone by, but look forward to the next one. I'm not as mad on Vienna (except the cafes of course) but I'm already looking forward to the beer and company.

Our thanks too to Andy

Nick

(...), not sure abour Lars though, we did agree he looked highly suspicious :)

Falstaff

Having a drink with Pete, Ravi and Lars, I tried some brand positioning, I think I called our constellation something like "the bad guy club". That must have transpired...

Pete obviously got away, not sure about Ravi...

Stefan

Arrived back in Hamburg on Wednesday evening loaded with a lot of impressions of Istanbul. We've had 7 days but still have an open points list for a second visit to Istanbul.

Thanks a lot Andy and Kamil for taking care of us during the One Challenge weekend!

Dagmar and Carsten

Arrived back in Hamburg on Wednesday evening loaded with a lot of impressions of Istanbul. We've had 7 days but still have an open points list for a second visit to Istanbul.

Thanks a lot Andy and Kamil for taking care of us during the One Challenge weekend!

Dagmar and Carsten

Dear Dagmar & Carsten,

It is most kind of you to mention my name in your quote. However I must state that everything including all details were planned and executed by Andy himself.

We owe it all to Andy.

May I suggest that we hold off posting pictures until the judging is completed to avoid inadvertently posting a similar picture to one that someone was/is intending to use for the Challenge?

Pete.

Giving yourself a wrist slap?