Istanbul Challenge - The winner

andybarton

Please help to choose a venue for the "One Challenge 2014"  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Please help to choose a venue for the "One Challenge 2014"

We arrived safe and sound yesterday. Did some exploring today (much of the inside of the Hagia Sofia is a hideous building site) and are currently waiting for our dinner, enjoying an excellent view over the Bosporus. Tomorrow we won't be able to make it at 7pm to the H S either, but we look forward to meeting you all on Saturday.

Rgds

Christoph & Veronique

• Like 2

i'm sitting here in grey foggy hamburg and wishing i were with you all in istanbul. have a great time, good companionship, and bring back some lovely photos for the armchair adventurers who couldn't attend!

greetings from hamburg

rick

• Like 4

Just an update on meeting place for tonight. 7pm at the fountains (sometimes on and sometimes off) outside Hagia Sophia. Turns out the main entrance is on the other side. Someone from the group will be there anyway to collect those that go that side. Turns out that last night, people were playing merry-go-round going around the building and missing each other.

Thanks to all the well-wishers, your support is welcome, and I hope you can join next time! We had a nice kick-off in the Ara cafe - a happy crowd as always. I finished my roll a little while ago, and am now enjoying a cup of strong turkish Coffee, and a delicious sweet with an un-pronounceable name...

Best regards

C.

• Like 12

End of the One Challenge, start of the dinner!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

• Like 8

Just back at the hotel and hoping to rest my bones after a hectic but incredibly enjoyable day.

Lunch as well as the evening meal venues were perfect as was rubbing shoulders with fellow LUF members.

A huge thank you to Andy B for selflessly organisng everything.

Falstaff.

• Like 8

Thank you to Andy and to all the Forum people I met, it was a great event. My highlight of the day, maybe for this year was to see and meet Ara Güler

• Like 15

Also my best thanks to Andy for the organization and spending most of the evening counting money.

As a side remark, the advice to head to the airport in time applies as well here, especially, since there is an additional security control at the entrance of the airport building. But then, this is maybe a 0.3 on my personal Manila scale, where one better plans half a day from Makati to the gate...

Stefan

• Like 6

Also my best thanks to Andy for the organization and spending most of the evening counting money.

As a side remark, the advice to head to the airport in time applies as well here, especially, since there is an additional security control at the entrance of the airport building. But then, this is maybe a 0.3 on my personal Manila scale, where one better plans half a day from Makati to the gate...

Stefan

Second the advice. It took me a an hour and 15 to get through safety, check in, immigrations and safety again.

One more thank you to Andy and a very enjoyable crowd. Thank you all for a memorable weekend!

• Like 7