Fast and prime

JHAG

I think I've seen these products before. I like to have the opportunity to buy something "Made in England" but I think I'll be giving these a miss. Ugly indeed. Like a weird mashup where English field sports are given the SWAT team look. :eek:

Entirely hand sewn using only the finest equestrian hides, fittings and fixtures.

e·ques·tri·an (-kwstr-n)

adj.

1. Of or relating to horseback riding or horseback riders.

2. Depicted or represented on horseback: an equestrian statue of a famous monarch.

n.

One who rides a horse or performs on horseback.

equestrian - definition of equestrian by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

:eek:

• Like 3

Looks absolutely stunning. But I not sure about usability in terms of water/dust proof etc?

I don't like the range,the Agent case excepted. I would need a sturdy case for a body + lens when doing street and subway (I hate "soft" bags).

But way too (british:D) pricey for my taste. Why but why everything in London costs an eye ?

Edited by JHAG

Am I alone in thinking that, looked at purely from their external appearance as bags of some sorts, they're not unattractive products - but it's just that they're no good as practical camera bags. (There are plenty of designer labels in the bags or general fashion area, whose products cost way more than their actual value. That's exactly what designer labels are about, and if people want to spend their money on them, that's their affair. Needless to say, I don't put Leica cameras and lenses in that category!)

HI There

Well . . . I went to see Fast & Prime in Charmouth . . . and also made a trip to the tannery.

Of course, there's no accounting for taste, so you might not like the designs, but I can testify to the quality, and also the amount of work which goes into each bag (70 hours for one of the Agent cases, with every linen stitch hand tied separately). You might think there is no place in the world for such intensive hand made goods, but the hourly rate seems frighteningly low to me.

Neal is a passionate photographer - M8 and CV Nokton when I was there).

Currently most bags are soft, with internal padding (like Billingham, Fogg etc.). These Agent bags are relatively hard (and will maintain their shape) - it's a different concept, but there is a place for different concepts. They aren't heavy, and the leather flaps etc. soften up with use.

So - no call for derision - a young man making an attempt to earn a living by making a 'perfect' product.

I wrote a small article with some snaps:

Fast and Prime Bags

Worth mentioning that I only wrote this because I was impressed by both the bags and the tannery - nothing in it for me except the pleasure of being involved.

All the best

• Like 9

Hi Jono,

there is no denying the meticulous care and craftsmanship in the design and production of these cases. Thank you for your most interesting article.

But personally, like many of the more conservative (British) leather or leather-trimmed cases and bags (ie Billingham, Fogg, etc), they are not at all to my taste.

Regards,

Mark

• Like 1

Guest Emile de Leon

On the positive side..

Those bags look like they would be very quick to get an M outta there for shooting..a plus imo..unlike a lot other bags..

And the M looks like it will fit well too..so when it gets knocked about..it may provide a modicum of protection..

On the negative side..

Bag is fancy..screams loudly..rob me..

And whats with all the holes and gaps..dust and rainproof...not..

Bag looks like it is not form fitting..unless it breaks in that way..eventually..

After you have blisters on your hip..from it rubbing all day...like my new ice skates used to do..

And at that price..I would like to see Kangaroo leather..soft supple..and tough..and form fitting..

Don't know if Kangaroo ever became legal though..after they put restrictions on it..