Focomat V35 25x37 neg holder

phc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know someone posts this question regularly - so I'm sorry if it's getting boring!

I need a Focomat V35 25x37 negative holder. I believe there were two types made #17011 and #17012, and either will do.

I hope someone can help me! I have an exhibition to print for December and I need those black borders!

Thanks in advance.

File with modeling files. But difficult to get square with sharp corners.

I HAVE THE DOUBLE GLASS ONE and it works well. Others have ordered this recently, years, and reported glass with imperfections after repeated replacements.

Maybe build a rig to flash the borders?

• 7 years later...
On 10/15/2013 at 12:03 PM, phc said:

I know someone posts this question regularly - so I'm sorry if it's getting boring!

I need a Focomat V35 25x37 negative holder. I believe there were two types made #17011 and #17012, and either will do.

I hope someone can help me! I have an exhibition to print for December and I need those black borders!

Thanks in advance.

Why? It only increases flare in the system, reducing highlight separation. I wold never do that or advise anyone to do that.

7 hours ago, M9reno said:

I’m puzzled.  How does a negative holder increase flare? 

By letting light come around the negative! That's why negative carriers are a little smaller than full-frame, and why most viewfinders show a little less than the full frame.

Edited by Ornello
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, FrozenInTime said:

I always print the full negative complete with rebate to prove there was no cropping 😉

... well I did on Hasselblad when it was cool to be square.

Leica was always a bit more hit and miss - even HCB cropped from time to time. 🙂 

Why? Who cares? It just degrades the image contrast in any event.

Edited by Ornello

On 10/15/2013 at 6:03 PM, phc said:

Thanks in advance.

You know what? i need a 25x37 holder for my Beseler, much more difficult

On 10/12/2021 at 1:23 PM, FrozenInTime said:

Far, far less of an issue than you are making out ; the rebate has the same density as the image area base density.

True, but it still contributes some flare. Most negatives have shadow density far greater than base plus fog. I never have printed showing negative edges, and have always regarded the practice as nothing but a fad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 11:46 PM, FrozenInTime said:

I always print the full negative complete with rebate to prove there was no cropping 😉

... well I did on Hasselblad when it was cool to be square.

Leica was always a bit more hit and miss - even HCB cropped from time to time. 🙂 

So do I and have done for more than ten years. With my Durst enlarger I filed out a spare bottom frame and made a black card top frame. You have to be fairly accurate filing out as any errors are multiplied by the degree of enlargement.

Sample print.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Pyrogallol
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 2:08 PM, Pyrogallol said:

So do I and have done for more than ten years. With my Durst enlarger I filed out a spare bottom frame and made a black card top frame. You have to be fairly accurate filing out as any errors are multiplied by the degree of enlargement.

Sample print.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

What is the purpose of this?

• 6 months later...
Am 15.10.2013 um 18:03 schrieb phc:

What is the difference between the two types?