M9 & M9P

Abhinava Goswami

I am just curious about M9 M9P which one is better or it just a body decoration of both cameras .And how is battery life of this camera and how many GB SD/SDHC card does it supports.

To my knowledge, they are identical other than the cosmetics. The sapphire rear glass is definitely a nice bonus.

I find the battery life of my M9 to be quite good actually but I don't use it every day. Lasts me about 3-4 weeks before needing a charge.

I use a 16gb card in mine (Lexar brand).

:eek: really? I go out shooting and (very) latest after 2 days it's over.. maybe I hit the shutter to often :D

Chimping? Or the battery is getting old. Li batteries like to be kept topped off to full charge as often as possible to prolong life. Another possibility is the standby time is set to more than two minutes.

After that , look for shorts.

I have spares and I charge them fully once per month and rotate them with the one in the camera whether I use it or not. I have Nikon batteries going on 6 years old where the camera battery life indicator still reads 100%. This is not the same as charge level which is a separate function.

M9 are paint finish and I refuse to buy one. They had a sale on M9P a year ago and I got one of them. It is a beautiful retro bright chrome. Black chrome also looks nice.

Chimping? Or the battery is getting old. Li batteries like to be kept topped off to full charge as often as possible to prolong life. Another possibility is the standby time is set to more than two minutes.

After that , look for shorts.

Well, I occasionally look at a picture on the cam, but not after each and every shot. One of the 3 batteries (the one which came with it) is probably a bit old. The other two are brand new though, just not original ones. Standby is at 2 mins. Don't know..:confused:

I've had two batteries for 18m or so,

Camera, M9-P now 11k actuations, my settings are 1min auto power off, 1s review, monitor std, no acoustic signal (why this is an option Im not sure).

Even if I am shooting a lot in one day, 200+ shots in one day, if I don't chimp at the cafe or check something I will still have battery left and I show RAW plus fine B&W jpg.

I have never needed more than two batteries in one day, usually if I am on holiday and using a lot throughout the day I swap to a freshly charged overnight. Never needed considering buying a third battery

One is a little stronger than the other now so when I have problems I'll buy another, Considering I take my camera with me everywhere and it does get a little 'polished' in its bag its still in very good shape and only a few small polish brassing marks, screen perfect

I own 2 of the M9-P. I find, as a street shooter, that the all Black body seems to make the camera relatively innocuous. I hardly ever get an pushback. I tend to use smaller lenses as well, like the black cron 40. It makes a very non threatening visage. Re batteries: it's my philosophy to just shoot & keep shooting. I have stopped chimping, entirely. It disturbs the flow & you can't be engaged with what's going on if you are looking at the back of the camera. I use 32GB cards & also have a spare. Keep your eyes on the action.

One last issue, I LOVE the colors I get from the M9. Kodachrome was always my favorite film. This come the closest to that world. Enjoy.

• Like 2