1 dahlia - 3 versions

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Our local Botanical Garden is a fine after work recreation area.

I tried out something when sun was very low and most flower beds were already veiled by summer's dusk.

Canon 5D MKII with Elmarit R 60 mm macro plus Leica APO converter 2x, tripod, reflector and free external flash. It is a matter of patience and time to manipulate flash power and angle plus distance to reflector.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

flash bounced against reflector from slightly left

flash bounced against reflector from above left

without flash, only with reflector, longtime exposure approx. 1/2 - 1 sec.

• Like 3

Paul,

thanks a lot for taking time and writing a comment (with so much background knowledge). It is always appreciated.

Stuart,

chosing one's favourite shows that before somebody had a close look. Thanks for feedback.

K.-H.,

interesting that your favourite is also no 1. I think I guess why. Thanks for your choice.

Dee,

many thanks or your interesting remark. Yes, that as also intentional to achieve a level of abstraction. The flowers have such perfect shape that this is inspiring for any sort of experimentation.

Karl,

it makes me happy that this illumination is being recognized. Many thanks for your support.

Guenther,

I am glad that you like it and that your choice is different form the others. Light was already very low then and with every few seconds I had to bend and squeeze the reflector in a different way to cath some natural light and mix it then. So in this picture there is also one subeam in there. Many thanks for your feedback.

• Like 1