Another Leica M240 review

jrp

Regarding multiple focus points, in the old days of lugging DSLRs around I used to find that continuously having to select the focus point from a choice of about 51 (the same point was rarely appropriate for more than a couple of consecutive shots before it needed moving) a slower and much more irritating experience than focussing and recomposing, so I used to select the single central-focus-point option anyway.

• Like 2

Regarding multiple focus points, in the old days of lugging DSLRs around I used to find that continuously having to select the focus point from a choice of about 51 (the same point was rarely appropriate for more than a couple of consecutive shots before it needed moving) a slower and much more irritating experience than focussing and recomposing, so I used to select the single central-focus-point option anyway.

Me too, but because the external points were not cross type and focusing was usually off. So a focus recompose with the central cross type was actually still more accurate. These days though, with the 1DX and 5D3 the outer points are extremely sensitive.

Maybe for the existing customer base - but with this camera they are looking into other markets, and I predict this is a very good product for that purpose and a platform for future developments.

I wish you will prove right in future, anyway i did not buy one i could get today though i have many, many, wonderful R lenses that i intend to keep and use now on film.

The EVF is not yet up to the task, refresh rate will stay as it is before a future eventual improvement and the adapter is nowhere.

I have already an M9 and though i like better the shutter and some features of the M i could not justify this buy to myself, now.

For video users i do not see yet what this camera will give that you do not find already in mature products.

I enjoyed reading the review, the only problem is that it's likely to cost me a couple of grand. One of his other reviews was a comparison between the 50 Summicron and a 50 Zeiss. In conclusion he mentioned that neither of these lenses is a patch on the 50 Summilux.

I've been thinking of upgrading to the 'lux for some time and this review has more or less convinced me.

I'm in Seattle at the moment and so I'm off to Glazers (the local dealer) to hopefully do a deal.

Cheers, Tom

• Like 1