Mixalis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Strong sunlight and super contrasty situations are challenging for the Leica Monochrom if blown highlights are to be avoided. This shot of the tiny Navtiko Mouseio Aigaiou, the Aegean Naval Museum, in Mykonos Chora is on the cusp of being unusable. Only jarring note, as ever in Greece, is the inappropriate industrial light fitting to the left. But a very pretty traditional marble doorway and attractive ancient calligraphy in the name plaque. Monochrom and 35mm Summicron.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Mixalis
  • Like 1

Mike,

A fine picture under difficult lighting. Great framing, tones, sharpness and the everpresent reminder of the commercial theme with the sign asking "Is your tour guide licenced?".

Paul

Thanks, Paul. Interestingly, most of the OOC shots from the Monochrom are very flat and need some TLC before you begin to see the depth of detail and really appreciate the tones. When I opened the original DNG of this shot (see attachment below) I was convinced the area around the bottom of the doorway on the left was irrecoverable. I remembered reading all the warnings from long-time MM owners about the perils of over exposure. However, as you see, Silver Efex Pro managed to turn the shot into something I was happy to post; and without too much effort on my part because my skills in post processing are limited to say the least. Without Silver Efex I would not be enjoying the MM as much as I do.

Mike

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Mixalis