Sign in to follow this  
Iduna

rainy summer evening flowers

Advertisement (gone after registration)

these days thunderstorms are constantly menacing. On such an evening yet I went to out Botanical Garden. As soon as the setup was installes (tripod,flash,reflector) it started the downpour and a windgush let the flowers sway.

Yet, I tried something, you may look if you want

All with Elmarit R 180 mmm on Canon 5D MKII

Iduna,

Very nice! The last few weeks here in the mountains of northern New Mexico have brought unusually generous amounts of monsoon rains together with thundershowers. The showers are typically fairly brief and most happen in early afternoon. Then the sun comes back out. I have never seen our backyard so lush green. After the many recent fairly dry years everybody seems to be enjoying the burst of wildflowers in the Rockies in July and August. The Rufous hummingbird who in the spring travelled north via California all the way to Canada and Alaska, their breeding grounds, showed already up here a couple of weeks ago and has been loading up on nektar and sugar water. Pretty soon they will be on their way to Mexico and even further south. I have lots of hummingbird in flight photos that were taken with autofocus non-Leica gear, so can"t be shown here!

Exquisite--especially the second one with the glistening droplets and deep colors. The first one has some beautiful light going on.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Iduna,

Two beautiful floral renditions, particularly the second one with that lovely light and the complimentary colours of red and green.

You are a very determined creative photographer to continually brave the storms!

Dee.

Karl-Heinz,

thanks a lot for your nice lines and intereesting information. We have here almost the same weather mix but certaily not as high in temperature as there. but these odd conditions are good to have a lot od unusuial photogenic situations.

Stuart,

thanks. Yes, no 2 shot I was lucky to get.

Paul, thanks for your support.,

Karl,

many thanks for viewing and leaving a comment.

Brent,

I am happy you like the pictures and i know to appreciate your comment, thanks.

Dee,

it makes me glad to collect some positive detailed reviews and such a nice compliment,.Thanks, i is welcome.

Everybody clicking the button, thank you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ggill1313
      Just got my M10 and have been somewhat disappointed by the colors. In some circumstances, they’re absolutely great. In others (and shooting situations which I frequently shoot - backlit subjects who have lighter skin tones), they fall apart when I do any serious color grading. I’ve attached a link for reference. Notice the majority of influence over the skin tones is determined by the purple slider. In my experience on professional Canon systems (as well as Fuji), skin tones are generally captured in the Oranges, Reds, and Yellows. On occasion, I’ve noticed them “bleeding” into the Purples/Magentas, but generally it’s an easy correction with a hue adjustment toward red in Lightroom. This has happened more on my Fuji gear than my Canon, which I thought was just a product of the XTRANS. 
      Images for reference. Note: I’ve increased each slider to 100 to illustrate the influence of the respective slider, not as an artistic decision. https://imgur.com/gallery/mFTvTGz
      I’ve had to do more “additive” color editing (color grading with added oranges/yellows in the mid tones) to get even close to the effect I desire to be consistent with my professional body of work, but it’s tedious and feels more like a workaround as opposed to simply a different process. 
      Is this a hallmark of these sensors? Has anyone else had an issue with skin tones merging into the purples? The issue here is that it doesn’t give me precise and consistent control over tonalities which are consistent with my other work. Not only that, but as opposed to adjusting a couple of sliders to produce the look, I’m adjusting literally three times more to try and get close and, eventually compromise, on the desired look. 
      Also, here is an attached photo with the exposure info as well as histogram illustrating that I’m shooting at base ISO, and exposed with the limitations of the M10 sensor in mind. 
      https://imgur.com/gallery/v2EPnGf
      I want to add that I’ve been shooting for over a decade. This certainly isn’t my first rodeo. The only thing left for me to try is making my own custom color profile, but in over a decade of shooting, this has never been a requisite to get the colors I want out of my photos. 
      Does the M10-R improve on any of these shortcomings?
      Also, I want to preempt against any comments telling me I’m just confused or apologetics from Leica koolaid mixers. I’ve read some responses on this forum before from some of them and they seem to be obstinately opposed to the notion that perhaps the sensors in these cameras aren’t as good. While DXOMark gives the M10 a higher overall score than my 6D, in my experience, the colors are more pliable. Finally, my artistic discretion is going to differ from yours. I have seen a lot of photos posted here in discussion which are also effectively SOOC, with minimal correction. I have a stylized look I go for, which requires flexible colors. 
    • By piran
      Did you need the yellow filter for the clouds? Could similar or same be achieved post? Having specified a Q2M I wonder whether I should be looking out to fit yellow or orange glass in front of all that nice Q2M design?
    • By HeinzX
      Pink flower with green fly. SL2 and Sigma 100-400 plus 2ply  extender. #2 and #3 are crops.

#1 no crop, shows real size of the fly

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

#2 crop

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

#3 crop of another photo

• By Ciamprob
      Leica Q2, Iso 200, 1/640 sec, f/1.8