Sign in to follow this  
Iduna

the cloud

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was on my way back home from office when I recognized a strange sky and lighting. So I hurried with my bike uphill, snachted my MKII+Elmarit R 60 mm and was just in time to catch this appearance of our house. And soon after a heavy thunderstorm raged in our region.

Iduna,

A wonderful picture with great drama. The lighting, color and the peaks of the roofs makes this so outstanding. Even if this were in b&w, I don't see that it would compare to this.

Paul

Iduna,

That is the very cloud that I am always waiting, hoping and praying for and almost never get!

Good capture. I'm so jealous.

Dee.

Paul,

thank for your time and contemplation. The color was really glowing and hiding a frightful freight.

newnew,

thanks for your nice comment.

Karl,

this sort of cloud is not so very uncommon here but to this extent it was quite an appearance.

Dee,

these clouds sometimes are in preparation here for a few hours, but then you have to be quick and in this case the lighting was there for only a very short moment. We are living in a hilly region the hills are serving to split the weather so warm air is climbing sometimes quick. The strange lighting was granted only for a short moment.

brill64,

many thanks for viewing and writing.

Bill,

thank you for looking at this drama.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Vieri
      Castel Boccale at sunrise, taken in Tuscany (Italy) during a Workshop I led there in Fall 2017. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.
        Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!   Thank you for viewing, best regards   Vieri
    • By Vieri
      Having photographed it from sea level quite a few times, on a stormy weather day I decided to go for a different point of view. This is Durdle Door from above, taken during one of my Workshops in Dorset last spring. Leica S, Leica Summarit-S 35mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri
    • By Vieri
      Sunrise at Zabriskie Point, taken in Death Valley during one of the Workshops I led there last January. Leica S (007), Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri
    • By Vieri
      A Badwater sunset, taken during one of the Workshops I led in Death Valley last January. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm v. III and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thanks for viewing, best regards,

Vieri
    • By Vieri
      A wonderful long exposure (3' 20") sunrise in the Valli di Comacchio, in Italy, taken during my Leica Akademie Italy Workshop there last year.

Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri