M 240 with PocketWizard MiniTT1 / FlexTT5, anyone?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I am struggling a bit with my M 240 with Pocket Wizard FlexTT5 / MiniTT1 radio triggers. Technically everything seems to work but I cannot go faster than 1/60-1/90s sync speed without loosing synchronisation. Have any of you succeeded with 1/125-1/180s sync speeds?

Arne

Yes above 1/90 it leaves a black area. I cannot get it to work either on my M240. There is a new firmware which I am now downloading, and will try to see if it improves this. This is only an issue with the Pocketwizard, not with the flash on camera. Thanks for noticing and posting this. Even with the updated firmware it still does not work above 1/90 except occasionally at 1/125.

Edited by esy0345

• 4 years later...

I haven't had any problems getting 1/180th out of my TT1 and TT5 (canon versions, using canon speedlights - flash in manual, and TT1/5 setup as "dumb" triggers in the app)

I do only get 1/90th when using the AC3 Zonecontroller though (but thats using the PW TTL protocols, forcing manual power control from the AC3)

If i find some time in the next few days I will pull my setups out of my units and share them via dropbox

oh that would be so great!!

Here are the profiles I use

Configuration 1 (C1 on the units) is a basic Canon TTL setup using channel 1 i use for remote power control with the AC3 and my speed lights

Configuration 2 turns them into a basic centre pin only "dumb trigger" which should allow you to get 1/180 on the M240 - it uses Channel 4 - so if you have other PW radios (plus2, plusX, multimax etc) they will work as a transmitter/reciever if they are set to channel 4 too.

they are labelled TT1 and TT5 so should be easy to load up onto your radios.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3zz4ksclokzmsp/E63TT1?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0u1t21kxv309h2/E63%20PW%20TT5%20Profile?dl=0

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the profiles I use

Configuration 1 (C1 on the units) is a basic Canon TTL setup using channel 1 i use for remote power control with the AC3 and my speed lights

Configuration 2 turns them into a basic centre pin only "dumb trigger" which should allow you to get 1/180 on the M240 - it uses Channel 4 - so if you have other PW radios (plus2, plusX, multimax etc) they will work as a transmitter/reciever if they are set to channel 4 too.rea

they are labelled TT1 and TT5 so should be easy to load up onto your radios.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3zz4ksclokzmsp/E63TT1?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0u1t21kxv309h2/E63%20PW%20TT5%20Profile?dl=0

Thank you so much! Unfortunately your PW's are Canon Versions, mine are Nikon ones so i can not apply them on my pw's. Could you might post a print screen of the settings? That would be great, that i could copy them...

Edited by photonenzelle

Ok, this is how i have them setup.

pick a "configuration" to use - either C1 or C2 (this will be where this profile is on the units power switch)

at the right is a "misc" tab - select the "basic trigger" option - this turns off all the TTL bits and fires just the centre pin on the remote transmitter.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

then go back to the "channel" tab and make sure the standard channels all match - if you have multiple TT5 you can save and load the settings between units, but the TT1 will need to be set up seperately (it doesn't have the "receive" option) 

make sure you hit the "apply changes" button at the bottom to push the new settings to the units

This should allow you full 1/180 sync speed on your M240

Odd - I have had no problems with PWs and the M240 at 1/180, or with the M9, right from the start. Both MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 are Nikon versions, and used with Nikon SB28s and the Leica SF64. I don't remember making any special setups, and they just work as they should. If I get the time, I will check firmware settings.