Playing old lenses with S2

JeffoJeffo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Jeffo,

Thanks for the reply. Isn't it an 85 1.4 Planar on the picture, and not the 1.2 version?

Do you maybe know, since the same optical formula is used in the cp.2 super speed cine lens which is coming in PL mount, whether the cine prime is easier to adapt since PL mount has a much longer flange distance than all of the full frame mounts?

Cheers,

Daniel

Hi Daniel :

It's T1.4 so it's about f1.2.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Daniel :

Since this one the end element is quite large so it's not easy to fit into the mount for S2.  But it still can fit on the helicod but won't have infinity.  Hope I answer your question.

Cheers,

Jeff

• 1 month later...

Nice work Jeff. I like it.

Now I must ask you a second time : what adapters are you using ?

On ebay, it's easy to find adapter to mount C lenses on 4/3 and SONY E. But after ??? What is you secret ?

Of course I wanted to say " what is your secret"

• 4 weeks later...

There is no secret.  All those lenses are modified by Len modify masters in HK and Taiwan. They can mount it on S system without any problem. In fact the S body is the most easiest body to mount old lenses on it. Lots of old lenses can't modify to hasselblad can be mount to S body. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Well they're all old lenses now...no new S lenses for eight years...most are now 12 years old. Not old in the grand scheme of things, but getting there. My beard was completely brown when I started with them...now it is mostly grey. Doesn't seem like we will see any more unless they switch the whole system to mirrorless...

9 hours ago, Stuart Richardson said:

Well they're all old lenses now...no new S lenses for eight years...most are now 12 years old. Not old in the grand scheme of things, but getting there. My beard was completely brown when I started with them...now it is mostly grey. Doesn't seem like we will see any more unless they switch the whole system to mirrorless...

Bob Beamon's long jump record stood for 23 years. It may have been old, but it was still the best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1