WARNING! M (Typ 240) and Bellows II

farnz

Philipp,

The warning is also in the FAQ thread but since the M240 FAQ thread has been amalgamated with the M8//M8.2/M9/M9-P/MM FAQ thread it's not as obvious.:o

Now that the M240 has its own sub forum it would be great if the M240 FAQ thread could be split away again. I would assume it to be reasonably straightforward and costing little time because logically the M240 entries will naturally be dated later and therefore at the end of the thread.:)

Pete.

• Like 1

This also reminds me why we still need a source for an adapter tube which eliminates the need for the visoflex housing. I think Wilson's given up on this project in despair - anyone with any thoughts or projects? I'd still be in the market for this.

There is a Novoflex LEM/VIS adapter available now.

Kind regards.

This also reminds me why we still need a source for an adapter tube which eliminates the need for the visoflex housing. I think Wilson's given up on this project in despair - anyone with any thoughts or projects? I'd still be in the market for this.

is this what a TXBOO LTM tube already does? Anyone using the TXBOO on M240?

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

This thread came up in a search when I couldn’t get my M10 off the bellows. Since I figured out a solution, I thought I’d put it here.

There’s enough room for a thin piece of plastic in there which will depress the lens release button on the body enough. Once you get the body started, you don’t need to keep the lens release button depressed.

My bellows has a rectangular tab on the left side which, when depressed will allow you to rotate the body, but does nothing to release it. Looking inside towards the camera body you’ll see that the assembly rotates with the body.

See post #6 above. Using both the M>R and R>M adapters will do.

• 2 years later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear Farnz,

Thank you very much. I was also so unknowing to attach an old bellow to my new M 240. Once done, I could not release it. I was in panic. Then, after a while, I started thinking again. I consulted Google witn some likely words as bellows and Balgen. Not useful. Then I consulted this forum of which I am an old member, but was not on it for many years. Had to find and reset password, etc. 

Then I found your contribution. This calmed me very much. I started thinking even more again. By loosening some parts of the bellow by screwdriver I finally succeeded in shredding this Monster from my beloved camera and from myself. 

Thanks to you. 

I love adventures, but not of this ugly kind. I am not a professional photographer (but a psychiatrist).   

Yours,

Kaspar     

• Like 1