WARNING! M (Typ 240) and Bellows II

farnz

It is even simpler - You can unscrew the internal ring that holds the mount in place using a double pronged adjustable wrench (available from Microtools) on the two holes visible in the retaining ring and pull the bellows assembly off the mount. Still, better to avoid any surgery ;)

• Like 1

It is even simpler - You can unscrew the internal ring that holds the mount in place using a double pronged adjustable wrench ...

That's just what Ivor did, Jaap. I called the tool "circlip pliers" but it's the same tool you've described and there are two screws that lock the internal ring/shroud in place on mine.:)

Pete.

Edited by farnz

This also reminds me why we still need a source for an adapter tube which eliminates the need for the visoflex housing. I think Wilson's given up on this project in despair - anyone with any thoughts or projects? I'd still be in the market for this.

Chris,

I spoke to Amadeo Muscelli about a M to Visoflex mount several months ago and he referred me to Wilson. I forgot to follow it up at the time but on reflection I doubt that Id get a lot of use out of such an adaptor so, at the price Amadeo would likely set, the cost-benefit equation wouldn't be positive enough for me. I have sufficient non-Viso lenses that will fill the gap.:o

Pete.

This also reminds me why we still need a source for an adapter tube which eliminates the need for the visoflex housing. I think Wilson's given up on this project in despair - anyone with any thoughts or projects? I'd still be in the market for this.

Hi Chis,

Archie had one made. Please start reading here

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/2212207-post51.html

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-collectors-historica/257005-flange-flange-distance-visoflex-body-3.html#post2212207

And following posts.

If you want to go down this route, I'll order one as well.

Thanks.

Edited by k-hawinkler

How do you mount the bellows straight on the camera?? My 65 elmar doesn't fit on the camera, only seems to mount on the Visoflex.

The bellows in itself has a std. BM male mount... apart the IMPORTANT warning from Pete, it mounts on M body straight on.

About the Elmar 65, you need an OTZFO/16464 focusing ring which isn't difficult to find : mounted on it, the Elmar 65 becomes a standard Visoflex lens and then, as for any other Viso lens, a BM/BM "spacer" of Viso length is also needed, as Chris reminded in previous post.

Edited by luigi bertolotti

How do you mount the bellows straight on the camera?? My 65 elmar doesn't fit on the camera, only seems to mount on the Visoflex.

8808866458_0bbdd5ef5c_c.jpg

Visoflex, Bellows II and 90mm Elmar by chrisongtj, on Flickr

If you are trying to put any Visoflex lens on the M, you must have the correct spacing from the lens to the sensor or it won't focus to infinity. Since with the bellows you are not trying to focus to infinity, there is more leeway, so shorter mounts will work, and with some lenses using the bellows adjusted correctly could give the same effect as having the correct adapters. But as they say YMMV.

M to R adapter with a R to V adapter (14167/14127)

Edited by swamiji

My bellows fit like any other M-mount lens. (It would be of no practical use on your M6 but LiveView on the M240 can be used to view and focus through the bellows.)

The 65 f/3.5 Elmar-V has a Visoflex mount that deliberately doesn't fit the M-mount.

Pete.

Edit: Cross-posted with Swamiji's post.

Edited by farnz
  • Like 1

Thanks for the head up Pete !!! Thinking of the day I'll have my M, time ago I tried to mount the Bellows directly on a M body... but used my M2 which has NO ring around the button... and with a knife/key it was very easy to operate it for dismount (I thought, anyway, to the OUFRO solution... ;))

Now.... if you want to afford an even worst adventure.... try to mount the Televit straight on the M.... :D... i suspect you'd need really high surgery to dismount it (and is also a nonsense combo....)

• Like 1

Thanks a lot. I bought the bellows a while ago and still trying to wrap my head around the adapters. I already have the focusing add on for the Elmar 65.

Never knew the bellows fit directly on too. And now I won't even try! I've been using it with th visoflex and live view on the LCD, which frees up the hot shoe for external flash. Interesting combos.