Leica Myself book not exactly flying off the shelves on eBay

wlaidlaw

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Now that I have ended up with two copies of the Leica Myself book (original lug repair then warranty replacement), where actually none would be perfectly satisfactory, I wondered if they might sell on Fleabay. There seem to be lots of copies for sale on there but few buyers. What a surprise! There are lots of other Leica books I would like in my collection, especially maybe a reprint of some of the 1930's ones. I am afraid that a whole book of narcissists gurning at themselves in a mirror does not ring my bell.

Wilson

I am afraid that a whole book of narcissists gurning at themselves in a mirror does not ring my bell.

:D Yes, Leica would genuinely have to pay me to take one of these books off their hands. Sadly, in many ways this book sums up "Leica" nowadays.

• Like 3

I'm eagerly awaiting their next book collaboration with users, 'My Bag & I', and in depth look at Leica users bags, why they love their bag and what they carry around in it. With photos of the bags of course!

The problem with this book is that it would be too large and too heavy to carry (without perhaps its own bag). Each user would require many pages.

• Like 1

The problem with this book is that it would be too large and too heavy to carry (without perhaps its own bag). Each user would require many pages.

Well they could make the book in a variety of different sizes and formats.

The small print paperback for airline travelling. The large hardback book for home. The medium size book for out and about. The weatherproof version of the former. The slightly smaller version of the same as the medium size is a little big. Plus different covers for when you don't want it to look like you are carrying a photography book.

• Like 1

Why not donate the book to someone who has started one of the following in the past 3 years. Wilson to decide on the recipient ,

I love my M8 / M9 /

Any post referring to a bag.

What lens to photograph {who cares}

BrianP :D

Why not donate the book to someone who has started one of the following in the past 3 years. Wilson to decide on the recipient ,

I love my M8 / M9 /

Any post referring to a bag.

What lens to photograph {who cares}

BrianP :D

Should second prize be two of the books?

From some of the photographs, a number of the contributors appear to have been struggling with the concept of a manual focus camera as well.

Compared with two of the photo books I have bought recently, Wilfred Thesinger in Africa (although the text reads a bit like a turgid tour guide - if it's Thursday, it must be Addis Ababa) and Century published by Phaidon, Myself is self indulgent rubbish.

Wilson

• Like 1

Should second prize be two of the books?

Exactly. My neighbor was irritated because his wife stuck a Garfield cat stuffed toy to their car window, so he left the car unlocked overnight hoping Garfield would be stolen. The next morning he checked and there were two more!

• Like 8

My favourite book about photography Is Naked City by Arthur Fellig "Weegee". If you have not read the book it makes interesting reading.A totally different world from M photography .

BrianP

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
I think "Leica Myself" is the greatest book ever published in the history of the world.

I've read through it at least 400 times.

Now I can throw away all my other photography books. I love this book.

I love this. Sometimes humor doesn't always come across. This screams at you. Well done. :D:D:D

• 9 years later...