Wish list for a future X2 firmware update

rrincon

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Even after the release of the X-Vario, I wouldn’t change my X2!

I'm very happy with the great results I'm getting plus the convenience of being able to always have it in my pocket... but there's always room for improvement... so here is a wish list I would love to see in a future firmware update.

And you? What do you think? Do you have any suggestions to add to this list?

Hopefully someone from Leica reads this and takes it into consideration!

So this is my wish list:

1. Would love to have the option to take double exposures. This is to be able to shoot more than once over the same frame.

2. In the Auto ISO Settings would love to have more options for the Slowest Speed like 1/60, 1/125 and for the Max ISO to be able to go to 12500.

3. Would be fantastic if they could remove the "red framed" screen that comes out when recovering from Auto Power Off. The camera would probably be ready to shoot faster without this unnecessary "Auto Power Off Cancel" notice.

4. On the "Self Timer" option would be great to have the possibility to make the camera shoot more than just ONE SINGLE frame. It could shoot 3, 5, 10 at intervals of 1 second or more/less as the hardware limitations allow.

• Like 1

- 6:7 and 1:1 aspect ratios

- similar to rrincon's suggestion: interval shooting ability (automatic capture every 5 or 10 seconds, e.g.)

Edited by Peter_S

I am really satisfied with my X2 and there is not a lot I like to have improved. Yes one point I should mention, I like to have:

When a nice girl is in front of me, she should ask me to take a picture of her! :rolleyes:

That would be best thing, I like too have to )))))

Dan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am really satisfied with my X2 and there is not a lot I like to have improved. Yes one point I should mention, I like to have:

When a nice girl is in front of me, she should ask me to take a picture of her! :rolleyes:

Aren't we talking about firmware update. This kind wish seems be more like "soft ware (up) date" :rolleyes:

- 6:7 and 1:1 aspect ratios

- similar to rrincon's suggestion: interval shooting ability (automatic capture every 5 or 10 seconds, e.g.)

I think those aspect ratios that you mentioned would be a great addition to the X2!

Ha ha... you guys! I tell you, it's a lot easier if you just tell her... no need for updates! :)

• 2 weeks later...

- Auto ISO in manual mode (A and S "priority"),

- 1:1 aspect ratio by framing line/square for composing, square JPG in DNG+JPG and JPG only mode,

- fast start from sleep mode,

- "menu play" setting for "on monitor/on EVF",

- User Profiles rename

- in REC screen move ISO to bottom line, next to aperture and shutter speed,

- PLAY button to toggle on AND off PLAY mode.

Even after the release of the X-Vario, I wouldn’t change my X2!

I'm very happy with the great results I'm getting plus the convenience of being able to always have it in my pocket... but there's always room for improvement... so here is a wish list I would love to see in a future firmware update.

And you? What do you think? Do you have any suggestions to add to this list?

Hopefully someone from Leica reads this and takes it into consideration!

So this is my wish list:

1. Would love to have the option to take double exposures. This is to be able to shoot more than once over the same frame.

2. In the Auto ISO Settings would love to have more options for the Slowest Speed like 1/60, 1/125 and for the Max ISO to be able to go to 12500.

3. Would be fantastic if they could remove the "red framed" screen that comes out when recovering from Auto Power Off. The camera would probably be ready to shoot faster without this unnecessary "Auto Power Off Cancel" notice.

4. On the "Self Timer" option would be great to have the possibility to make the camera shoot more than just ONE SINGLE frame. It could shoot 3, 5, 10 at intervals of 1 second or more/less as the hardware limitations allow.

Please Leica at point 2 and 4 to the firmware of the xVario!!!!

And improve the auto WB.

I'd like to have an option of disabling the rear control wheel functions. I tend to carry the camera in my right hand and with index and forefinger on the front and thumb on the rear. My thumb is always activating something on the control wheel when I don't want it activated. And also sometimes when I bring the camera to my eye (w/EVF) to release the shutter (e.g., it can all of a sudden be on MF when I expected AF.) I tend to hold most cameras (e.g., film Leica M) with my thumb always around somewhere on the right rear of the camera. And with the X2, it seems like it's right at the control wheel and where the macro, MF and EV buttons etc., are located.

With the Fuji X100s, you can hold down the menu button for a couple of seconds on the rear wheel and it locks all of the rear buttons (a 'lock' icon appears in the viewfinder.) That keeps you from activating buttons when you don't want them activated. I'd like to see that function on the X2.

But I kind of doubt we'll see any FW updates for the X2.