What half cases are available and in use for the M (240)

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Once I get my New M, I am getting Luigi's most simple half case with flap door on the back. No grip, no bottom screw, no fancy...

Dont do it man..........you'l regret it:D

Dont do it man..........you'l regret it:D

Regret what?

I am 100% satisfied with form and function of Luigi's basic black case for black digital M.:D

You and me sure have different tastes on small details like this... Having a blingy red leather case on black camera does not fit situation walking down the busy streets of Lusaka or Panama...:o

Enjoy your pretty case... It sure looks nice!

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
Regret what?

I am 100% satisfied with form and function of Luigi's basic black case for black digital M.:D

You and me sure have different tastes on small details like this... Having a blingy red leather case on black camera does not fit situation walking down the busy streets of Lusaka or Panama...:o

Enjoy your pretty case... It sure looks nice!

crocodile sandwichs for breakfast did we!!!!!!:D:D:

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Once I get my New M, I am getting Luigi's most simple half case with flap door on the back. No grip, no bottom screw, no fancy...

I have one from my M8 days, and I use it on my M9. I had one with grip and bottom screw and always fought when removing it (damn screw!)... Sold it...:D

I also got another (used on FM forum) simple Luigi in brown for my recently acquired Steel Gray M9...

Arte de Mano sure looks pretty (in picture)! But, I see there is no real protection at the back of the camera... Not just for the screen but even for all control buttons (since there is no back cover...) and rear of the top plate. So (for me) it is more of a "bling" than a real protection accessory.

Back to Luigi: after having multiple samples of his cases for digital Ms, I never had any issues regarding fitment. So Signore Luigi, I will go back to you:p

Why the hell would you worry about the rear screen unless you intend to fire live rounds at it it's cool, made from bullet proof glass:D

Why the hell would you worry about the rear screen unless you intend to fire live rounds at it it's cool, made from bullet proof glass:D

That's missing the point for some of us who prefer using the camera with the rear screen covered.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
That's missing the point for some of us who prefer using the camera with the rear screen covered.

it is more of a "bling" than a real protection accessory.

I think you will see that Sissy is concerned about protection not what the thing looks like, but I agree with you 100% if you like the way it looks with the back cover on then great.........everyone has a choice right??

I think you will see that Sissy is concerned about protection not what the thing looks like, but I agree with you 100% if you like the way it looks with the back cover on then great.........everyone has a choice right??

Who's Sissy?:D

I don't like chimping period. And I see no purpose of having a half case with protecting only corners... Especially bright red. Rear of the camera (including so called "bullet proof" glass) can be damaged...

I am sticking with my friend Luigi:D

Edited by sisoje
Spelling

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
Fan of the ArteDiMano as well!

I am going to order another one for my new MM as the burgundy one I got is for the new M and not the same size

• 2 months later...
  • 8 years later...
On 6/23/2013 at 4:13 PM, Hey You said:

Check out Paul Glendell's Classic Cases in the UK.

Here's the link to his website : Classic Cases - Hand-stitched Leather Cases for Leica Cameras

If you click-through to his FaceBook page you will see his prototype M240 case.

Link here : https://www.facebook.com/leicaclassiccases.

I have his M9 case and am delighted with it.

I intend to upgrade to his M240 case if ever I get this camera in my hot. sweaty hands.

Add me to this recommendation.  Just received a case and matching shoulder strap for my M4-P, excellent work. I upgraded the strap to use the Peak Design Anchors for quick release.