Leica X Vario Photos

Feudal1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Guys

Well here is my latest attempt at this photo. Hope you like it!

Rosie

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Another lovely photo from the Xvario looking from Portmeirion across the estuary.

• Like 11

I love that the contrast of the shaded "blue" portion of the wall here is perfectly consistent with what should occur, no change in hue, just reduction in light. It illustrates how nicely the X-Vario handles color. And nice job with composition using the wall to frame the picture.  :)

David

I love that the contrast of the shaded "blue" portion of the wall here is perfectly consistent with what should occur, no change in hue, just reduction in light. It illustrates how nicely the X-Vario handles color. And nice job with composition using the wall to frame the picture.  :)

David

Thank You David !

And al the others  :D

Edited by LeicaX-

Okay, I'm late to the Party.  Happening on to an X-Vario in Silver this past week I am very excited!  I've been an X shooter since about when the X1 was released. I tend to shy away from zooms, in terms of my personal shooting style, but this camera has intrigued me for some time and images here and elsewhere that I have seen supported that intrigue. Yesterday I spent some time around Pike Place and environs with my new camera.  -David

44866296821_be2cc0c311_b.jpg

44145535684_699fe2d0a7_b.jpg

30993971308_ea40e31a49_b.jpg

43945447305_0356db5982_b.jpg

Edited by DwF
  • Like 7

Thank you for that David!  And, actually, thinking of this as a travel companion was on my list in rationalizing the purchase. Always tough deciding which to bring along and I know this would have served me well this past summer outing to the east coast.

David

Okay, I'm late to the Party.  Happening on to an X-Vario in Silver this past week I am very excited!  I've been an X shooter since about when the X1 was released. I tend to shy away from zooms, in terms of my personal shooting style, but this camera has intrigued me for some time and images here and elsewhere that I have seen supported that intrigue. Yesterday I spent some time around Pike Place and environs with my new camera.  -David

thanks David, 

spezial this Foto is very good with the Colors !

Viele Grüße from Germany

Jens

• Like 1

And here is the old Lyon with lots of tourists ... :wacko:

DWF  Welcome with us here  :)

Jacques

• Like 8

44866296821_be2cc0c311_b.jpg

30993971308_ea40e31a49_b.jpg

43945447305_0356db5982_b.jpg

Welcome to the LXV club. Hope you enjoy this lovely underrated camera! If I want to travel light then this is the camera I take on holiday. I like your first photos, super colours!

Rosie

Thanks Rosie!  I know from your posts that you also shoot with color in mind.  Going out that day reminded me of being out with a film camera and a nice roll of K25 or even Fuji 800! The X cameras resonated with me since the first time I handled an X1. I will certainly travel with this one. 

Let me add that the most important aspect of this is the light. Light is always present but there is a subtlety with which cameras and sensors handle it and how that affects how as viewers our attention is brought to the colors, and how the various shades work in concert with one another. Leica has been consistent over many years, and I attribute mainly the lenses in facilitating my ability to capture on film/sensor what I think I'm seeing and feeling that possess me to make an exposure. I certainly feel that with this camera, but also appreciate how little work in PP is needed to bring it out!

My best,

David

Edited by DwF
  • Like 1

France , Yvoire

• Like 5

I browsed through some older folders today and stumbled upon this one from last year. Can't exactly say, which of my achromats I used, may be the Raynox 250 or on of my ELPRO lenses:

• Like 10