Leica X Vario Photos

Feudal1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In keeping with my "wrong camera for this subject" theme, I was happy enough to see let along photograph this Spitfire taking off recently. It was a week or so after my "Kittyhawk, and Mosquito" experience. The Kittyhawk shot is in the R lens thread, and the Mosquito shots are in the film threads.

X-Vario

Gary

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

LOL, you're just being benevolent David. I need a 180mm on the Leicaflex (for my film shots). If the Vario had similar I'd be laughing.

As it is I cropped it a bit. And, happy just to see, hear, experience this beautiful old aeroplane. (and the Mosquito too)

Gary

Gary,

You just need to make a run for the runway, not too close to that prop or anything, do a body roll for dramatic affect (camera tucked close to your body and using hyperfocal distance) get off at least a couple of shots! ;)

David

LOL, I'd have been safer and better off flying alongside it, although even at me decent cruising speed I fear I'd get left behind.

I ventured out towards the taxi-way for the Mosquito shots, but got growled at, too much PC health and safety going on now. In the end I shot from where I was parked, between the buildings and the taxi-way.

Gary

• Like 1

Today in Ahrensburg / Northern Germany

Gelber Teppich by Jan Barthodzie, auf Flickr

• Like 10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My X Vario showed up yesterday from Leica in spite of big snow, and just in time for a Tuesday stroll.  Most everything work-wise cancelled here 😊

• Like 11

We just got a few more inches of snow here. We are all in differing climates but somehow these days we are in that "same boat" of scratching our heads wondering what the weather will bring.  Before the snow, I noted some daffodils sprouting. That was in late January about three weeks shy of when stuff begins to sprout up here. I've never seen it happen so early. And now winter.  Nice soft light though this morning.

David

• Like 1

David, I'm over in the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho area. We are also having this major snow event. Back in the winter of 2007-2008 we had 117 inches of snow. The way things are looking, it could be another snowy winter. I took this image after the first storm. Now the bird feeder is completely buried under the snow.

• Like 10

On 2/16/2019 at 6:37 AM, North / Northwest said:

David, I'm over in the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho area. We are also having this major snow event. Back in the winter of 2007-2008 we had 117 inches of snow. The way things are looking, it could be another snowy winter. I took this image after the first storm. Now the bird feeder is completely buried under the snow.

Hi Bill,

Nice image and lucky birds at least while they were able to get to the feeder!

I have a good friend and classical guitarist who lives in Spokane; he just played a concert in Couer d'Alene, at least he was supposed to. I know that at least one of his concerts over that way was cancelled due to your weather.

David

Pilgrims taking a holy dip in the waters of the Lohit. Parsuram Kund, Arunachal Pradesh.

• Like 4

Selfie. Parsuram Kund, Lohit, Arunachal Pradesh.

• Like 4