I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

same as above: m3, summicron rigid 50, TriX (rodinal 1:50)

• Like 14

Wormy deadwood. Pen-F, 42/1.2, Pan F @80, Diafine:

• Like 19

Winter's approach

Rolleicord/Rolleikin, 75/4.5 Triotar, Ektar, cold processed

1/2 second, hand held

• Like 13

Nephew - Pentax 6x7, Takumar 105/2.4 on Foma 400 pushed 1 stop. I actually exposed this at 640iso and developed at 800. It seems like shadows get crashed easily when pushing Foma, but the scene was pretty contrasty as well.

This Foma roll comes from a specific batch with an antihalo layer too hard to wash away correctly (producing thousands of micro white spots). Foma actually was very kind and replaced the rolls with good ones, but I don't see why the "bad" ones should be just garbage. 

I have decided to order a new lens for the Pentax 6x7: a 75mm f4.5 (35mm equivalent). This might sound like a blasphemy for the super takumar 105mm lovers, but I want something wider and not radioactive to carry around with the kids. 

• Like 16

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Bessa R4A | VC Color Skopar 3.5/28 LTM | Agfa APX 100@400 in 1+50 Rodinal, 14 min

Sharif

• Like 17

Terminal Morraine

Edge of town.

Rolleicord/Rolleikin, Triotar 75/4.5, Ektar, Cold processed

• Like 14

Terminal Morraine

Old Fleck place

Rolleicord/Rolleikin, 75/4.5  Triotar, Ektar, Cold processed

• Like 10

Terminal Morraine, Dawson Illinois

West wind.

Rolleicord/Rolleikin, 75/4.5 Triotar, Ektar, Cold processed

• Like 12

Terminal Morraine

Time Travel

In my early teens, "MC" and I would run our muskrat traps and then trudge through the fields to Gatherd's Corner (now long gone,) to chew the fat with whoever was there. Often times P. Fleck would be there. P Fleck was a bit of an eccentric, successful old farmer. What everybody who new him remembers is that he drove a Cadilac, but used it just like most other farmers used a pickup truck, hauling hay bales and small livestock in the back seat. It smelled like a barnyard in that Cadillac. Pete would give us a ride to anywhere we needed to go. Widows down, of course. Looking at this sign, I relived the magic of those years. It reminded me, no matter what has happened during all these years, I will always be that hick kid, at heart.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

MP, Thambar, Acros, HC-110

• Like 16

m2, summilux 35 pre-asph, trix (rodinal 1:50)

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

On 11/14/2021 at 4:27 AM, stray cat said:

Thank you so much Rog for your very kind words. It is a very great privilege to have a drive-in theatre in the vicinity, and it has become a place I'll often go when I want some photographic inspiration. Not when the movies are playing, mind you - I find the whole concept of a drive-in theatre during the daytime quite fascinating. I should actually go along and see a movie, as I'd hate for this one to go the same way as so many others, at least before its time.

When you speak of the impact of Sugimoto's wonderful pictures (not to mention my favourite, Edward Hopper! In fact I have had that very painting, “New York Movie”, as my computer's desktop image for some time now :).) I remembered I'd taken the following picture a few years ago at the same theatre (same screen even) for a book my wife and I were producing. Probably the last time I saw a movie there (gulp!). From memory, the movie was called "Maid In Manhattan" and as I recall it was pretty dreadful:

drive-in ii 2003

mamiya 645, 45mm lens, ektachrome e100vs (drum scan)

What happened to the pillars with two speakers on each side (which often did not work) ? This photo though, and the earlier one, is a happy reminder of times past. 

15 hours ago, Wayne said:

Terminal Morraine

Time Travel

In my early teens, "MC" and I would run our muskrat traps and then trudge through the fields to Gatherd's Corner (now long gone,) to chew the fat with whoever was there. Often times P. Fleck would be there. P Fleck was a bit of an eccentric, successful old farmer. What everybody who new him remembers is that he drove a Cadilac, but used it just like most other farmers used a pickup truck, hauling hay bales and small livestock in the back seat. It smelled like a barnyard in that Cadillac. Pete would give us a ride to anywhere we needed to go. Widows down, of course. Looking at this sign, I relived the magic of those years. It reminded me, no matter what has happened during all these years, I will always be that hick kid, at heart.

While on the theme, I love the way photo's are often a prompt to memory and enjoyed yours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

vor 19 Stunden schrieb AntonioF:

Nephew - Pentax 6x7, Takumar 105/2.4 on Foma 400 pushed 1 stop. I actually exposed this at 640iso and developed at 800. It seems like shadows get crashed easily when pushing Foma, but the scene was pretty contrasty as well.

HI, nice images, I never thought, fomapan 400 might be that good at grain (for ISO 400 quite fine grain in my opinion.) What did you develop the film with? xtol? 

Winter gardeners, Pen F Pan F:

• Like 11
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, futhemen said:

HI, nice images, I never thought, fomapan 400 might be that good at grain (for ISO 400 quite fine grain in my opinion.) What did you develop the film with? xtol? 

Hi, thanks. It is grainy! Being 6x7 probably it is less noticeable. I developed it in HC-110 Dil B. 

• Thanks 2