I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 10 Minuten schrieb verwackelt:

Yes, i tried refresh page and "right click to load picture" and he shows error 404.

Must be here the mistake. It is only sometimes and others see the picture…

I can't see the picture, either.

I sent some PMs

I can see the picture without problems; It appears to me that the image has been embedded instead of uploaded and that there are (security?) issues with the site that was linked to.

vor einer Stunde schrieb verwackelt:

That means i have nothing to change in my browser? 

Yes, quite. I tried three different browsers on as many different machines, and none of them could produce the image.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighlandLeica said:

I would be grateful for some advice on an Ilford Delta 400 film I had developed for me. Some banding in the images, which I wonder are caused by me - light leak or something in the developing process. 

All frames seems to have banding to different degrees. Here is an example or two. The bottom image is one from the end of the roll, where the issue becomes severe. Any thoughts gratefully received. I have not had this issue on other films with my M cameras and this particular film was shot a good while back, so it could be user error on my part rather than camera fault. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I was leaning towards development, but the full on light-leak near the end of the roll has me wondering a bit. What would help (me anyway) is a shot of all the negs, cut strips, laid out like a proof sheet, showing ends, and edges.

Was it a fresh commercially roll, or self/bulk loaded. Commercially processed? Used them before?

Gary

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

59 minutes ago, gbealnz said:

I was leaning towards development, but the full on light-leak near the end of the roll has me wondering a bit. What would help (me anyway) is a shot of all the negs, cut strips, laid out like a proof sheet, showing ends, and edges.

Was it a fresh commercially roll, or self/bulk loaded. Commercially processed? Used them before?

Gary

Thanks, Gary. I will get the negs back this week. The film was commercially developed. New lab for me but v reputable here in Uk. I suspect it’s a fault with my handling of the film but will ask the lab for details. Just got the scans back today over the Net. 

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Bateleur:

Another view from your hammock Klaus? Either way its a delightful view and grateful welcome to the season.

Thank you Charles. Yes, I made the photo in the same session-- I might it call the cherry blossom memories.  It was a bright and sunny day and I was lying in the hammock, the bag with the lenses within reach a some time to play... 

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Bateleur:

Friend

Leica MP ~ Summicron 50mm ~ Ilford HP5

Charles,  great photo of a charming lady... chapeau!

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Fotoklaus:

Leica M4-2, Skopar 4/21, TMAX 400

looks a bit like a still from a film about a post-apocalyptic station... with the 7:55 to Zürich still announced. No need to go, Bahnhofstrasse is closed, the banks have their grilles  down for good and money won't help anyway... 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb HighlandLeica:

I would be grateful for some advice on an Ilford Delta 400 film I had developed for me. Some banding in the images, which I wonder are caused by me - light leak or something in the developing process. 

All frames seems to have banding to different degrees. Here is an example or two. The bottom image is one from the end of the roll, where the issue becomes severe. Any thoughts gratefully received. I have not had this issue on other films with my M cameras and this particular film was shot a good while back, so it could be user error on my part rather than camera fault. 

White areas on the positive means  black area on the negative meaning light hit the film here. So no development problem, but light coming into an open canister along the sprockets.  Mishap while  the canister was open, for instance accidentally hitting the light switch... 

Can't be the development: that would cause white stripes on the film --->dark stripes  on the scan indicating absence of development. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb thschm:

Netherlands, Valkenisse

Rolleiflex 6006, Ilford FP4+

The inexhaustible joy of strolling along the sea.... well spotted, Thomas !

• Thanks 4

vor 2 Stunden schrieb jaapv:

I sent some PMs

I can see the picture without problems; It appears to me that the image has been embedded instead of uploaded and that there are (security?) issues with the site that was linked to.

Probably. It´s a recurrent problem with broken links to IG and other sites. Can't see the picture too ( current i-Mac, Big Sur 11.3.1 using Safari)  

M4, 35 Cron (Asph) Portra 160

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Wisteria vines. Mamiya 7 80mm Portra 160 in Cinestill C-41

• Like 10

Testing a new tool, 1958 Widelux FV, 26mm Panon, FP4

• Like 15

Mamiya 7 80mm Portra 160 in Cinestill C-41

• Like 13

Ektachrome Transparency Film E100 VS, Dallmeyer Super-Six 2"/f1.9, M5

My friend's camera. I have no idea of this camera. Looks like 16mm/8mm but maybe 120 format or so...anyone please help me name this camera?

Edited by Erato
  • Like 6

M4-P Summaron 3,5 f/3.5 LTM Ektar 100 in Cinestill C-41

The lens is so tiny that it fits between the lattices on the fence on the pedestrian bridge.

Edited by bags27
  • Like 14

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Erato:

Ektachrome Transparency Film E100 VS, Dallmeyer Super-Six 2"/f1.9, M5

My friend's camera. I have no idea of this camera. Looks like 16mm/8mm but maybe 120 format or so...anyone please help me name this camera?

It is a „Linhof 220“ from 1966

Joachim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Leica R9 - Leica R Summicron 2.0/35mm

Edited by mumu
  • Like 16

Leica R9 - Leica R Summicron 2.0/35mm

• Like 13