I like film...(open thread)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

46 minutes ago, Nachtmsk said:

NY

Tri-X

This was one of those time I saw getting ready to happen as I was driving, so I quickly pulled my car over, jumped out and ran over.  There was a pond across the street and the woman was carrying feed in the pail for the ducks. I later found out she did this every day so the ducks knew her.

This is quite remarkable, and love your website. 

• Replies 76.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doc Henry

• A miller

• philipus

• EoinC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This photo is from a series from some of my crazy, extreme photo adventures I  had photographing Mountains "Alpinists " and rock climbers. This is Alpes mountain range which is called   "Le Massive du Mont Blanc", Haût Savoir region  In France.  And this place is a White valley ( La Vallee Blanche - Chamonix ) the most beautiful region You must visit. I was very brave enough to carry my Medium format two lenses/ meters/ and a Canon EOS and a 50mm, a lot of films No tripod/ It is crazy when I thi

Bonjour Henri,   I still prefer black and white film (I use almost no colour). The advantages of digital don’t mean much to me. Seeing instant results is not so useful, since what comes out of a camera is always far from a final result, and the final result requires time and thought.   Film also continues to improve. The quality of available film and developers is as good as it has ever been, and it is still as competent as digital sensors of equivalent size.   I also much prefer silver g

On a week-long stay at the Faroe Islands, I took the ferry from Torshavn (the 'capital') to the southernmost island, Suduroy, and looked up potential shooting locations on the island. This image was taken a little before the sun was setting in the ocean, with wind from the west (left). With the uplift of the humid air at the cliffs, fog and clouds drifted over the island. A quite typical situation for the islands; the ocean can be more or less cloud free, but the islands are generally covered in

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

Ken, I think you can be quite at peace with the outcome.... a sunny seaside begs for compromises--or, to put it the other way round...just decide what's important for your idea and put your 5 there.... In this case, the dark shadow, in my opinion is perfect. It´s what we see under these circumstances: in the shadows nothing... 

Thanks, Klaus. I'm sure you're right, but I was hoping to get the impossible out of this brew. I mixed them together hoping for some magical formula. 

On 3/14/2021 at 10:00 AM, Bateleur said:

Its their eyes that give my heart a lurch and then the smiles that comfort my soul. Such fabulous portraits from Mozambique! 

Many thanks Bateleur for your warm heartfelt words.  :))

Question: 

Has anyone had  problems uploading photos recently, eg since the "update"   ?

My preset-which conformed with the rules of the LUF-don´t work anymore. I have to reduce the size of the file below 1 MB. Furthermore I don't understand the directions given on the upload window: Gesamtgrösse 1 MB ( Total size 1 MB ) Maximum Size 1,95 MB   ???   

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Ernest:

Bully Bollard
M-A Thambar-M CS ADOX Color Implosion

Beach Stories 
Rolleiflex Planar f/2.8 E100

Longing
Rolleiflex Planar f/2.8 E 100

Great series, Rog. The consistency in this work is remarkable--a sequence of color planes, sometimes shrinking to the size of a bar, a pollard or a line, with  an individual rhythm, each work the verses of  a song.... with the last verse taking an unexpected turn in the key--from minor to major...  but, in the end "longing" is good, it proves we are living  and deserves key major... 

Am 14.3.2021 um 05:29 schrieb bags27:

Mamiya 7 80 mm red filter. HP5 in a mixture of HC110 and Rodinal standing 42 min

Nice scene. Unfortunately with the typical effect of stand development resulting in white halos surrounding the dark parts of the photo. 

Am 14.3.2021 um 20:41 schrieb Keith (M):

NT's Kingston Lacy. M7, 50mm Summilux-M ASPH, yellow filter, Tri-X.

It looks almost three-dimensional! I really like your house Keith!😉