I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

17 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

Christoph, hill avoider, I just love cows. They are such gentle creatures. Well, most of them. Did you ever  put your hand into the mouth of a living cow to feel the grooves in their gum ? Thats what my uncle, a farmer, coaxed me into doing... I´ll never forget the excitement and the feel. 

I think that, contrary to sheep, cows can be quite mean.

Therefore one should never forget to properly separate them from each other.

Sheep on this side of the water, cows on the other side. 😜

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

MP, 40C, Metropolis@100

• Like 6
  • Haha 12

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Wayne:

Old film; old camera; new rescue dog. After seven years without a dog- I have been walking neighborhood dogs to fill the gap- my wife finally agreed to let me adopt Cloe, a cane corso. I had seen one, briefly, when stationed in Gaeta Italy many decades past. Was, and remain fascinated with this noble breed. Here Cloe is showing off her heritage as she patiently guards my smoker last Sunday.

Zeiss Ikon Baby Box Tengor 54/18E, Zeiss Novar Anastigmat, Expired 127 Rerapan 100

nice photo and sounds like the beginning of a wonderful friendship. Congrats ! I'm waiting for more pictures. 

• Like 1

New 500 - Leica M6, Summicron 35 asph, Kodak Max 400 expired

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wayne said:

Old film; old camera; new rescue dog. After seven years without a dog- I have been walking neighborhood dogs to fill the gap- my wife finally agreed to let me adopt Cloe, a cane corso. I had seen one, briefly, when stationed in Gaeta Italy many decades past. Was, and remain fascinated with this noble breed. Here Cloe is showing off her heritage as she patiently guards my smoker last Sunday.

Zeiss Ikon Baby Box Tengor 54/18E, Zeiss Novar Anastigmat, Expired 127 Rerapan 100

Congratulations! An old friend from Naples used to have one. Great playful dog.

Some say a noble breed, descending from the dogs used by the Romans and also by the Italian Southern brigands fighting against the North in mid 1800s. And Gaeta was actually the scene of many fights between North and South before Italy was unified.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AntonioF said:

New 500 - Leica M6, Summicron 35 asph, Kodak Max 400 expired

In Gaeta, there is a long, winding road, lined by trees, to the top of the hill. It was fun to hike up to the top and bask in the sun, talk about home, and generally waste the day. Often one would encounter a parked 500 on the side of the road, still occupied by an enthusiastic young couple. It was amazing to note (and it was impossible not to note) the contortions the human body could perform in pursuit of carnal satisfaction.........while in a Fiat Cinquacento. :)

• Haha 6

Advertisement (gone after registration)

F3HP Ultron 40/2 Tmax 100 in DDX

• Like 12

Here is another one from my trials with the P30. Interesting stuff. Rather special transition from colors to gray-tones.
Unfortunately I got only one roll before it was sold out again.

Zeiss Ikon ZM, Summicron 50, Ferrania P30, 2-bath homebrew

Edited by fotomas
  • Like 13

And now some pretty rare one. I found an rather old chinese Luckycolor II in my fridge (for C-41 process). It comes in a nice red and gold box. Expired in 1988 07. I thought: why not give him a try.

And it is still working, at least somehow. Can compete very well with all the fancy fun-films we have today;-)

Mamiya 7II, 80 mm, Luckycolor II

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Fuji CSW iii 690 Ilford Ortho + in Ilf 3

• Like 12

vor 3 Stunden schrieb fotomas:

Here is another one from my trials with the P30. Interesting stuff. Rather special transition from colors to gray-tones.
Unfortunately I got only one roll before it was sold out again.

Zeiss Ikon ZM, Summicron 50, Ferrania P30, 2-bath homebrew

Love that film too, very strong contrasts. Unfortunately I also had just one P 30

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Peter_S:

Pik Chapaeva (6371 m). Tian Shan, Kyrgyzstan. Contax T3, yellow filter, AGFA APX100. Nikon Coolscan 8000ED.

Very impressive Peter!!

• Like 1

A Contax III. Nikon F5, Micro-Nikkor 55mm 1:2.8 Ais, Kodak Portra 160.

• Like 14

7 hours ago, fotomas said:

And now some pretty rare one. I found an rather old chinese Luckycolor II in my fridge (for C-41 process). It comes in a nice red and gold box. Expired in 1988 07. I thought: why not give him a try.

And it is still working, at least somehow. Can compete very well with all the fancy fun-films we have today;-)

Mamiya 7II, 80 mm, Luckycolor II

And it gives you horrible skin disease...🤣

But the colours are interesting indeed.

• Haha 1