Advertisement (gone after registration)

12 hours ago, verwackelt said:

very beautiful and dramatic…

10 hours ago, benqui said:

Very good! Looks so dramatic!

Thank you so much verwackelt and Marc!

6 hours ago, Suede said:

Aussie trailer life...  [XP2]

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

(The roll of XP2 was generously gifted to me by Phil, our dear man down at McCrae on the Mornington Peninsula. It's the only one of its kind I've ever shot.)

Thank you sincerely, Pritam - I'm delighted to see it put to such good use. I should return the compliment and point out that I'm pretty sure my cloudscape above has been made on the roll of Adox Silvermax you so graciously donated to me! Both really great films, btw. I like Silvermax because its development time is exactly the same as tri-x using my usual XTOL 1:1 so you can develop both films in the same tank, as I did with the photos above.

5 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

phil, I just see a question mark.. 😟

and a yellow or orange filter ?   Or is this the plutonium lens with the incorporated yellow filter ? 😆  Makes me seriously think about the where-about of my F1n which didn't turn up after the last  moving of my household...   last not least: a very impressive seascape. Makes me think of the dutch masters-- with a different lens we could even think of Turner.. 

Urggggh! I've done it again. Often, after I post here I think I can probably improve on the picture so I replace it in my Zenfolio gallery which I use to link the picture here. Here is the new, improved version with my apologies:

50mm Summicron, yellow filter, tri-x

Regarding the other sea/cloudscape, you are absolutely correct, Klaus - this was taken using the Geiger-counter-challenging thorium lens Canon made back in the 70s. A remarkable lens for black and white photography - as long as one remembers to first don the hazmat suit!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Field Perimeters No. 9
M-A APO 50 Fuji Natura & ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 14

Cow meets Leica, early morning.

MP, 40C, Metropolis@100

• Like 10
  • Haha 6

more on the cow theme 😁

hi there 

• Like 14

no thanks 

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Whatever it takes... these stones were set about 700 yrs ago as a fundament of a church in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania--in 1313. Apparently it was not a choice to be picky about the stones-they just collected what they found on  location. The bigger stones are granite erratic boulders from the great scandinavian glacier, 10 k yrs ago. 

HB 205, FE 2/110; Portra 400@200

Edited by Kl@usW.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

The church was left to disintegration in the 1970s... the roof collapsed and the painted wooden ceiling rotted.  After reunification some people took emergency measures to prevent further decay. Today it´s safe to enter and its a cultural venue. 

• Like 18

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Ernest:

I'm not confident enough to have figured it out, either. Martin Esslin coined the term "Theatre of the Absurd" in 1961 to discuss the work of Ionesco and Beckett, as well as Adamov, Genet, Pinter, and other "avant-garde writers," as he called them, in Europe and the United States. The view had the common denominator of the futility to struggle in a senseless world. We had the H-bomb and tested thousands of times the ability to destroy mankind. Ionesco's Rhinoceros dramatizes the absurd comedy and terror of human reality gone berserk. In my first college stage performance, I played the Fireman in Rhinoceros, delivering all six of my lines with my back to the audience as I climbed a ladder to rescue a lady. In Notes and Counter Notes, Ionesco discusses his plays, philosophy, and arguments with other writers and critics. There are "notes" and notes "against the notes." So, this is the somewhat rambling background to my homage to Ionesco's Counter Notes. Start with Theatre of the Absurd, repetition being a hallmark, seemingly pointless repetition. It's not readily apparent, but the objects I photographed are windows. There's a black aluminum frame, but everything else is glass, the large window glass being backed so it's not transparent. The bluish window is transparent and has a kind of translucent quality; it seems clear, but it's enigmatic. In Perspective as Symbolic Form, Panofsky quoted Durer's explanation of the concept of perspective: "Perspectiva is a Latin word which means 'seeing through.'" The perspectival view of space, in this way, transforms the picture into a "window" so that "we are meant to believe we are looking through this window into a space." This echoes Alberti's advice to painters in the 15th century to imagine the picture as though looking through a window. Remember, John Szarkowski then brings us to Mirrors and Windows. So, with "Ionesco's Counter Notes," I have glass, some opaque and some transparent, using Josef Albers's technique to create the illusion of transparency with opaque colors. If anything, it's unremarkable, and for this reason, absurd. Hello, Ionesco. I chuckle when I think of Woody Allen's comeback to the question of what his movie was about, and he says, "It's about two hours." I want to borrow that and respond to the question of what "Ionesco's Counter Notes" is about and say, "I think it should be about 3' x 5'."

Rog, this makes a lot of sense-I now understand it better. And I do remember the feeling of living in an absurd environment very well. Every Saturday at exactly 12 am we had a test siren going off from the roof of the town hall--a sequence of 3 different sounds, A atomic B biologic C chemical attack... the different sounds required  different responses; that´s what we were taught, being in school on Saturday 12 am.   At times, when the US and the Russians had done atmospheric bomb testing and the Caesium level of the air was too high, we weren't allowed to spend the breaks outside...The cultural reflection of this then was Godot waiting and you climbing the ladder. Culture has always been a great tool to come to terms with the incomprehensible.  Didn't  Ionescu title one of his plays: Quel bordel... ? 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb benqui:

Leica M4, Apo-Summicron 90, Cinestill bwxx

the muses apparently have kissed you again, Marc 🙄

vor 5 Stunden schrieb christoph_d:

Cow meets Leica, early morning.

MP, 40C, Metropolis@100

vor 4 Stunden schrieb hillavoider:

more on the cow theme 😁

hi there 

Christoph, hill avoider, I just love cows. They are such gentle creatures. Well, most of them. Did you ever  put your hand into the mouth of a living cow to feel the grooves in their gum ? Thats what my uncle, a farmer, coaxed me into doing... I´ll never forget the excitement and the feel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, benqui said:

Leica M4, Apo-Summicron 90, Cinestill bwxx

Really nice, Marc. What did you rate Cinestill bwxx at? 250?

55 minutes ago, stray cat said:

high voltage 2020

Canon F1N, FD 135MM F2.5 SC, Silvermax 100

Nice! Powerlines always looks great in BW. It looks like Silvermax 100 is the film to shoot lately! How did you like it? I just placed an order for a few rolls. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AntonioF said:

Nice! Powerlines always looks great in BW. It looks like Silvermax 100 is the film to shoot lately! How did you like it? I just placed an order for a few rolls. 

Thank you so much Antonio. I like Silvermax A LOT! It has the most wonderful tonal range - shadows contain incredible amounts of detail and the highlights are a lovely silvery tone. Fine-grained, too, if that’s your thing. It really is a top performer and I look forward very much to seeing what you come up with, using it. 

• Thanks 3

vor 5 Stunden schrieb AntonioF:

thanks a lot Antonio! Yes it was with 250!

• Thanks 1

Rolodex No. 3
M-A APO 50 Fuji Natura & ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 16

On the subject of cows: near cows [Silvermax]

• Like 18

Far cows.

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

No cows.

• Like 10
  • Haha 6

Old film; old camera; new rescue dog. After seven years without a dog- I have been walking neighborhood dogs to fill the gap- my wife finally agreed to let me adopt Cloe, a cane corso. I had seen one, briefly, when stationed in Gaeta Italy many decades past. Was, and remain fascinated with this noble breed. Here Cloe is showing off her heritage as she patiently guards my smoker last Sunday.

Zeiss Ikon Baby Box Tengor 54/18E, Zeiss Novar Anastigmat, Expired 127 Rerapan 100

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 12
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

Old film; old camera; new rescue dog. After seven years without a dog- I have been walking neighborhood dogs to fill the gap- my wife finally agreed to let me adopt Cloe, a cane corso. I had seen one, briefly, when stationed in Gaeta Italy many decades past. Was, and remain fascinated with this noble breed. Here Cloe is showing off her heritage as she patiently guards my smoker last Sunday.

Zeiss Ikon Baby Box Tengor 54/18E, Zeiss Novar Anastigmat, Expired 127 Rerapan 100

Congrats to the new family member. Looks relaxed.

• Like 1