I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Suede:

Okay, I'll try a specially designed one. If its weight is on the spot, we might have this one hanging between the two pages.   [Tri-X]

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The building appears to have suffered from the impact of a Trump golf ball…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AntonioF said:

Arches - Canon A1, Canon 50/2 FD, Polypan F 50

Thanks. I love it when you post these remote shots. It reminds me of the years, as a young man, I spent in Gaeta. We, my buddies and I, would work on T's Cinquacento for an hour or two, get it running, and off we would go. Around every corner, something magnificent.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 4

One of the "Kranhäuser" on the riverbank-Cologne 

Chinon Bellami  aka "barndoor", KG200

• Like 19

6 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

I like it, opens a whole new chapter in this thread...  And will you tell us--in due time--how you achieved this ?   My guess is: a pinhole body cap with the pointer suspended over the camera lying on the back--then pushed a bit to get it into a random swing... 

The film roll is exposed through the open bottom of the camera, stirring around from above with the laser pointer. I did that around 2012 during a research into options of transcending the mimetic concept of photography through hybrid or absolute photographic practices. 

Edited by Arrow
  • Like 3

Fondation Vuitton by JM__, on Flickr

Fondation Vuitton by JM__, on Flickr

Ilford Delta 100 - Rolleiwide

Edited by JMF

2 hours ago, Wayne said:

A couple weeks ago I, somewhat jokingly, introduced my concept of "Ultimate Point and Shoot Camera: Ib (converted IA) with 28mm Hektor LTM." Little did I realize what a great learning tool the camera would be....it has temporarily replaced the Minox as my go anywhere. I now have the 35mm Elmar attached, as it is as small as the Hektor and provides just about as much depth of field. I normally keep it locked at 18. As it does not have a rangefinder, I am able to wean myself from hesitating for perfection, I remove the  cap, point, and shoot. The camera has helped me in a couple of other areas: 1) I no longer require the right VF: before installing the 35 Elmar, I grabbed a 35 VF and compared it to the standard 50 VF on the camera; I was able to determine that if I move the 50 VF approximately 20 degrees in every direction, I am able to determine what the lens sees; 2) Zone focusing, even if lighting and shutter speed limitations do not allow F18 through F8 is a skill worth developing and, more importantly for me, worth developing a level of confidence toward.

The below is my grandson. It was one of those moments where discretion was paramount to getting the shot. The camera, and my new found confidence in its simplicity allowed me to sit in my chair, as if nothing was going on: open the Elmar wide; set shutter at 1/20;  set focus at 4 feet; casually lean over and wait. He never suspected a thing.

Leica IA, 35/3.5 Elmar, Svema 32 @ 32 ISO

As soon as you convinced me I need a 28, you switch back to the 35!!! 

Great shot!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Another weird film: Fujifilm Recording Film Eterna-RDS Type 4791. Very interesting. Basically zero grain!!! Too bad the roll I used was defected and only a few frames came out usable. I shot it at iso 25 and developed it in HC-110 for 10 mins. I think iso 12 is safer, though, because the contrast is strong and shadows get easily destroyed. It is sold as orthocromatic.

Canon A1, 50/2 FD, Fujifilm 4791

Edited by AntonioF
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Interrogation Protocol No. 11
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion
This is what is going on in some of those backrooms. Are passwords without vowels safe?

Edited by Ernest
  • Like 15

On 7/8/2020 at 10:34 AM, Kl@usW. said:

Pigeons ( Neckarbrücke) 

MP; 3,8/24; Portra 160@100

This is an absolutely fantastic image. Sorry, I cannot reference technical specifics; but, whatever they are, they are perfect in this example.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Outside In
M3 APO 50 Fuji Natura
Diptych

Edited by Ernest
  • Like 11