I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 30 Minuten schrieb gbealnz:

I'd be keen to see some more sky shots Klaus, with a section slightly closer. (just the obvious areas, sky etc)

Agree with the others though, possibly the age of the film, but I've also had issues with old fix giving me spots, and water stains on drying too.

Got anything that really shows it for old farts like me (I thought the shot looked fine to be honest)
Gary

Gary, thank you!   The picture shows the river Neckar which is shippable up to Stuttgart ( Mercedes, Porsche ) and as a waterway connects this area with the industries on the shores of the river Rhine.  We have a garden on top off the cliffs --so when I lie in my hammock, I can hear the ships go by. Actually there is little traffic, because the companies ship their cars by train. Only coal and metal scrap on the ships. Maybe it will be even quieter in a while.... 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

SWC, PanF exp 2015, Orange filter, DDX

Edited by Kl@usW.
  • Like 9

detail from above

Edited by Kl@usW.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

# 46

MP; Summaron 2,8/35; PanF, DDX

Edited by Kl@usW.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Ricoh said:

Antonio, I didn’t know whether it better to laugh at your opening comment or say nice to the image. I chose the latter because I like it very much.

In lockdown I was considering the exact same lens for my FM2, ie the Nikkor 55mm f2.8. However as macro is new to me I did a bit of digging and the thing I noted was the close working distance of the 55mm compared to something longer in the 100mm range, plus the issue of getting light on the subject with the lens quite close. Any thoughts on this, and by the way how close were you? (Was 1:2?)

Thanks a lot.

Let me first say that I know nothing about macro photography. I basically use this lens only for scanning (attached to a SonyA5100). For that particular photo I was not at 1:2, the whole rose is not small. I have tried to get closer to other objects, with mixed focusing results. I have also tried it with the PK13 tube on, but I forgot to compensate for the exposure (I was hand metering). I will probably make some more experiments, but with digital. 

I also have the F3.5 pre AI, which is less expensive and seems to work pretty well. I bought the F2.8 because I thought the F3.5 was flawed and that was giving me scanning artifacts, but then I found out the sensor of the camera was dirty (me stupid).

Here's another couple of photos. The first without and the second with the PK13 tube.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Kl@usW. said:

Gary, thank you!   The picture shows the river Neckar which is shippable up to Stuttgart ( Mercedes, Porsche ) and as a waterway connects this area with the industries on the shores of the river Rhine.  We have a garden on top off the cliffs --so when I lie in my hammock, I can hear the ships go by. Actually there is little traffic, because the companies ship their cars by train. Only coal and metal scrap on the ships. Maybe it will be even quieter in a while.... 

SWC, PanF exp 2015, Orange filter, DDX

Ah, thank you Klaus, I see it now, even with my ancient eyes. I'd guess at backing paper onto the rear of the film stock, I've seen this on some Flickr users shots.

But apart from images showing blank expanses of clear blue sky, you would be hard(er) pressed to see it, so use the remaining films for pics that avoid this, bush flowers etc

Lovely area to live, very nice.

Gary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Wonderful colors and a very beautiful landscape. I think this would give a nice print. 

Thanks, James. Though, I did break the never-put-the-horizon-halfway rule.  😁

• Haha 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

41 minutes ago, philipus said:

Inspired by Eoin's excellent wide-angle selfie, here's (but shadow of) one from me :)

Montpellier 2019

Flickr
203FE 40/4 Ektar X1

I can see we need another selfie workshop in Ghent, or anywhere. Find the Doc, it's time for a reunion.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Target locked.   [Extrafilm 200]

• Like 12
  • Haha 6

vor 38 Minuten schrieb gbealnz:

Ah, thank you Klaus, I see it now, even with my ancient eyes. I'd guess at backing paper onto the rear of the film stock, I've seen this on some Flickr users shots.

But apart from images showing blank expanses of clear blue sky, you would be hard(er) pressed to see it, so use the remaining films for pics that avoid this, bush flowers etc

Lovely area to live, very nice.

Gary

Thank you Gary, that's a good idea..because  I really hate to throw away things that might be of some use some time... 

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Suede:

Filter size...?

Ha Ha, really funny Pritam.  😁 . The forest is usually the property of the village as in this case and the timber is auctioned. The loggers (?) spray the # of the lot on the logs.-so people or companies interested in the timber can go and have a look and then put their bid.  What me interested was the polarity or juxtaposition of such a organic, natural thing as the timber  with the imprints of bureaucracy... 

The filter size of the Summaron is  E 39... 

K. 

• Like 2

Starting Line Stainless
M-A APO 50 Fuji Natura

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kl@usW. said:

Thank you Christoph, the PanF was just 5 years over the expiration date--not that much or so I thought until now. And the film was/is in the original sealing. I've used much older film ( TRX 135 ) without any problems. Anyway,  impurities or aging: maybe.. the idea of fungal growth  I would dismiss; patterns of fungus growing look different. I might take it to the lab--but I'm afraid they'll shout at me, having other things to do right now... . 🤔

Jean Marc, thank you,  that´s an excellent idea.. 😁

I had the same thing happen with a couple of rolls of PanF some years ago. At first I thought it was a fixer issue, but tested with other films with the same fixer no prob’s.

Example:

000012 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr 

Incidentally (won’t work with expired film), I have found Ilford to be a wonderful company to deal with. I had a couple of rolls of 120 Delta 100 where the backing paper was not matched to the film (odd cuts / loose pieces). I sent some pictures to Ilford, and they sent a bunch of replacement Delta 100, plus a sprinkling of other Ilford 135 and 120 film down to me in Kuala Lumpur.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Parallel
M-A APO 50 & Thambar-M CS Fuji Natura

• Like 13

en Calama by JM__, on Flickr

Acros 100 - Ricoh GR21

on the road by JM__, on Flickr

Acros 100 - Ricoh GR21

en Tocopilla by JM__, on Flickr

en Tocopilla by JM__, on Flickr

Velvia 50 - M2 - 35 Summilux AA