I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Kl@usW. said:

My "good bye" to the winter. Hope to see you again... 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

MP;  Summaron 2,8/35; Yellow, PanF, DDX

This is wonderful, Klaus- The texture of the snow shows through beautifully, as does the play of light.

Ho Chi Minh reflection (SWC w/ Delta 100)...

A001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Incidental Find
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

Mumbai - Reading the profits (SWC w/ Delta 100)...

A002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stray cat said:

There’s so often, in your pictures Wayne, evidence of a well-observed, understated humour. This is a classic example.

Thanks Phil. Next shot. I was thinking of ZZTop's Mexican Blackbird. I could hear Billy Gibbons:..." Let's drive this old Chrysler to Mexico."

Minox BL/IIIs Hybrid, Acros

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Starting
M-A APO 50 & Thambar-M CS  ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

38 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Thanks Phil. Next shot. I was thinking of ZZTop's Mexican Blackbird. I could hear Billy Gibbons:..." Let's drive this old Chrysler to Mexico."

Minox BL/IIIs Hybrid, Acros

Well, I'm "keepin' ma hands on the wheel" and putting in a request for ZZ Top's "Mexican Blackbird," oh, yes! Good one, Wayne.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Stairway to....

(SWC w/ Delta 100)

A002 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was not until into the 1950s that rural Indiana was fully served by electricity.

Wirgin Edinex, Staebel Werk Kata 2.8/50 (just another fine piece of German craftsmanship cut loose in Indiana) Foma 200

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Kl@usW.:

My "good bye" to the winter. Hope to see you again... 

MP;  Summaron 2,8/35; Yellow, PanF, DDX

vor 12 Stunden schrieb benqui:

Great photo Klaus!!!

Thank you Marc ! It may be of interest to you: Since I'm still waiting for my Braun FS 120 to come back from the service ( I think the focus was already deranged when it came out of the box. I never managed to get a sharp scan.  I complained about this to the seller, but they were less than helpful ..,) Now  I´m just trying to do it by SLR: This was copied on a stand with with my Canon 5D4 and a 100 Macro. ( a Leica-R Macro Elmarit 60 for the 6x6)  I'm still struggling with the color hues the bw s show, but otherwise it´s not bad. With fine grain films it works better than with the HP5 and the Delta 400--the pixel pitch of the sensor and the grain distribution in the fast films seem adverse.   If you want to know more, write an pm. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Ernest:

Incidental Find
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion

Rog, really funny. I think the humor in your work should not be overlooked.  ( or is it just my perception ???) 

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb EoinC:

This is wonderful, Klaus- The texture of the snow shows through beautifully, as does the play of light.

Thank you Eoin ! When I stopped to take the photo ( stop again ! ) my wife looked around to see what I was up to, then said: Oh, its the soft round curves that attract you😁...

how right she was ( and is ) 

• Haha 4

vor 2 Minuten schrieb AntonioF:

Man, lockdown is getting boring ...

Nikon Nikkormat FT2, Nikkor 55/2.8 micro, Kodak 2383 @ iso 3 in HC-110B

This is beautiful, Antonio. It shows that something nice always can be achieved. Happy Easter to you and your family ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since we are allowed to leave home, but not to gather in groups, cycling is a nice option. To make the trip to the next village ( Lauffen, a little village on the Neckar, birthplace of Friedrich Hölderlin ) a bit more challenging, I took the SWC along.... 

Question: In the sky you find a kind of gritty pattern. I've done a second roll myself with a different developer and had one roll developed in a lab: the same in all three films.. Since I have about 20 PanF, exp 2015 , left, I wonder if I have to trash them all. Any ideas about what happened to the emulsion ?  I found the batch of films on moving home in a cool and dry place, all films sealed... 

SWC, Orange Filter,  PanF exp 2015, DDX 

• Like 17

Sorry, Klaus, I can't help you with this emulsion failure - but I am sure there are others here, who have more experience and will give good advice. 

As the weather is a bit windy today I stay home as seems appropriate in these times and use my spare time to rescan some rolls which where scanned in the lab before. Here comes a colorful mural from Brooklyn last year:

Ricoh GR1 - Kodak Portra 160

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kl@usW. said:

Since we are allowed to leave home, but not to gather in groups, cycling is a nice option. To make the trip to the next village ( Lauffen, a little village on the Neckar, birthplace of Friedrich Hölderlin ) a bit more challenging, I took the SWC along.... 

Question: In the sky you find a kind of gritty pattern. I've done a second roll myself with a different developer and had one roll developed in a lab: the same in all three films.. Since I have about 20 PanF, exp 2015 , left, I wonder if I have to trash them all. Any ideas about what happened to the emulsion ?  I found the batch of films on moving home in a cool and dry place, all films sealed... 

SWC, Orange Filter,  PanF exp 2015, DDX 

I do not know if this pertains to your film, but, in my extensive use of expired film, I have found that 120 film is much more prone to develop significant issues than is the same film in 35mm format. I speculate it has something to do with the backing paper, some sort of response to film being in contact with the backing paper. I say this because the "grittiness" you point out appears to be a much less pronounced incidence of the same thing that happens in much older film. Also similar, is my experience that the problem seems to be most prevalent in the portion of the emulsion exposed to the sky. I quit purchasing expired 120 film for this reason. You may recall that Kodak has had at least a couple incidents wherein problems with backing paper has resulted in problems, even in unexpired film.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Wayne:

it has something to do with the backing paper, some sort of response to film being in contact with the backing paper.

Thank you Wayne for your thoughts; they seem to  make sense.   Time to say goodbye to the PanFs.... 

K. 

• Like 2