I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

37 minutes ago, pippy said:

As mentioned in the Genesis thread over in the bar I snapped some images on film back in 1983.

One of the smudges in the images is Eric Clapton! See if you can guess which smudge!!! (No Prizes, I'm afraid).

Philip.

really good - love the black

• Thanks 1

dans Paris by JM__, on Flickr

Acros 100 - Konica HG 28

Acros 100 - Konica HG 28

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Acros 100 - Konica HG 28

On 1/27/2020 at 6:15 AM, mradey said:

Same shot (I cropped out a distraction to the right hand side of the original 35mm landscape orientation photograph) using Nikon F5. Lens unknown, possibly AF 35/2.0 or AF-S 28-70/2.8

Nikon F5 | Kodak TMAX400 | Coolscan 9000

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Very, very nice. From Glacier Point or somewhere near there? 

Member Diptych
M-A APO 50 Fuji Natura & JCH StreetPan

• Like 13

21 hours ago, stray cat said:

high country 1998

nikon, tri-x

Branches and fences, fences and benches, and, well, a well, so eclectic dendritic, even the ornate gate that most would pass, save Phil. Hooray.

• Haha 1

First from an M4-P. Tri-X 400 Zeiss Sonnar 50 f/1.5. developed and scanned low rez as a test roll by CRC in NY which has been terrific.

• Like 18

12 hours ago, Ernest said:

Cycle
M-A APO 50 , Macro-Elmar-M Fuji Natura & E100  & Nikon F Nikkor 85 (50+ years ago)

Cyclical, as in it rides round and round like a spiral, coasting through childhood handprints, the big 'E' (our new name for Ernest - "the big E" ??), WARNING!, the wasp and the bee, a red jacketed, lap blanketed, relaxed senior and back again. The circle of life - in this case the cycle of life or as Adam so correctly named it, the life-cycle. A pun, a play on words, a double entendre, what have you; nudge nudge wink wink and on we go.

Big E, I hereby sentence you to the eclectic chair!

11 hours ago, A miller said:

We had some really lovely rare low fog last week and so I skipped out with my panorama camera to capitalize...

That’s right, my panorama camera ... which after a 5 frame vertical stitch becomes a 4x5 (or thereabouts) 😍

Wishing everyone an enjoyable weekend!

Tmax 100 
Linhof Technorama 617siii
90mm Super Angulon XL

Beautiful, Adam, and wouldn't Doc Henry love that mist/fog! I must admit the purist in me cringes a little at the idea of stitching, but the results are certainly eye-popping, as here.

Are they the same seagull on the right?

9 hours ago, philipus said:

In the spirit of all excellent black and white shots over the last few pages here's one from the Langhammars sea stacks on Gotland. Not sure which lens I used but it's XP2 in HC110(B) scanned on the Coolscan 9000 (which seems to be recovering slowly - yay!)

Some say the formation in the distance looks a bit like, well, a naked Pop-Eye :D 

Flickr

Oh dear, looks like Popeye could use a can or two of spinach to bolster his er... strength. I sure hope his erstwhile girlfriend, Olive Oyl, is able to conjure up some for him!

I really like this composition, Philip - it reminds me a little of some of Bill Brandt's beach work.

1 hour ago, Ernest said:

Branches and fences, fences and benches, and, well, a well, so eclectic dendritic, even the ornate gate that most would pass, save Phil. Hooray.

Thanks, Rog! I was actually actively looking for "messy" landscapes like this for a student portfolio, but the area we chose to base ourselves to look for those landscapes is actually quite un-Australian in that it is generally really neat and ordered. So this is quite a rarity in my portfolio from that time. And I really liked that gate - still do. Oh, and it's on Agfapan 25, not sure why I wrote Tri-X.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Ernest said:

Cycle
M-A APO 50 , Macro-Elmar-M Fuji Natura & E100  & Nikon F Nikkor 85 (50+ years ago)

And there we have it again, hidden in plain sight, the red right hand... the bicycle with its " ... microscopic cogs" ...  the headless person in the wheelchair drawing the attention, and part of the "catastrophic plan"?

3 hours ago, Ernest said:

Member Diptych
M-A APO 50 Fuji Natura & JCH StreetPan

Mysterious, machine like, a detailed view of classic Ferrari? 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, A miller said:

We had some really lovely rare low fog last week and so I skipped out with my panorama camera to capitalize...

That’s right, my panorama camera ... which after a 5 frame vertical stitch becomes a 4x5 (or thereabouts) 😍

Wishing everyone an enjoyable weekend!

Tmax 100 
Linhof Technorama 617siii
90mm Super Angulon XL

Impressive, solid, and the waves on the left bottom nicely balanced with the seagulls on the right. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xícara de Café said:

IIIf, Summicron 5cm 1:2 collapsible, Ilford FP4+ 125 @ 100, PMK 1:2:100 8"30' 24ºC.

I like this one a lot! It demonstrates beautifully that you don't need modern equipment nor the Taj Mahal (etc) to capture something stunning

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, christoph_d said:

I am a little at a loss what happened here. Obviously an attempt at photographing something contra-jour, but having an image of the aperture blades imprinted ontop is a new experience to me. 

M3, Summaron 2.8/35, Foma400

I've no clue either how this might have happened, Christoph, but if you do happen to find out please tell us. Because it is BRILLIANT!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1