I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 19

SoCal Landscape
M-A Thambar-M CS E100

• Like 14

21 hours ago, Ernest said:

HaHaHa, Hanalei
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion

After having just seen The Joker, this really got a rise out me.  And the colors are sublime 👌

5 hours ago, christoph_d said:

Perhaps Metropolis could be a replacement for the sadly missed Colour Implosion?

MP, 28, Metropolis 

Keep talking, Christoph, let's see more... ;)

1 hour ago, benqui said:

Tmax 3200 (with 1600), X-Tol 1:1, M4, Apo 90

Love it, Marc.  Love the patchwork of the shadows in the face. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Teeter
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gbealnz said:

Yep, a very fine result Adam. Do you find that stitching when there is "movement" in the frame(s) an issue? The clouds for example, movement between the two shots.

Gary

Thanks, Gary.  Yes, it is very tricky.  I knew that the sweet spot on the exposure was either around 6 mins or 12.  So I took each exposure at each position without delay.  Then repeated a couple of times to try to my best to get a good pair 😅.  My lab loves me.

• Haha 2

Janus No
M-A APO 50 Fuji Natura

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A miller said:

Thanks, Gary.  Yes, it is very tricky.  I knew that the sweet spot on the exposure was either around 6 mins or 12.  So I took each exposure at each position without delay.  Then repeated a couple of times to try to my best to get a good pair 😅.  My lab loves me.

Maybe time to start processing it yourself then? I know you've resisted this in the past, but as the Daleks once said "futile".

Gary

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ernest said:

Janus No
M-A APO 50 Fuji Natura

The two faces of Janus elude me, Rog, though I thought I could see a rough similarity to the Mouth of Truth: https://www.rome.net/mouth-of-truth

A ghostly visage, though, and striking set as here against that magnificent red.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, A miller said:

I have spent a lot of mornings at this spot and shared a few of them here.  As I have been studying them, I have kicked myself for not realizing on the exact vision that I saw when I was there.  Either I was able to get the entire Manhattan Bridge and no Freedom Tower, or only the right back of the Manhattan Bridge (and still all of the Brooklyn Bridge) and also the Freedom Tower.  The 90mm lens on my Technorama didn't have enough reach to capture both.

So I went back last Sunday and went for a night time scape for that full scene that I had envisioned, relying on the ability to stitch two frames together.

Here's the result :)  Computers are good. :) 

Tmax 100, Technorama 617siii, 90mm Super Angulon XL

2 frames stitched, about 12 minutes of exposure time for each frame. 

Files size is 28754x9585 and 1.54GB 🤯

Just scintillating, Adam. Even the cloud-gods were with you, providing on the left the perfect foil for the angle of the Manhattan bridge on the right hand side. One of your very best - and, considering your impeccable body of work, that's not something I'd say lightly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stray cat said:

The two faces of Janus elude me, Rog, though I thought I could see a rough similarity to the Mouth of Truth: https://www.rome.net/mouth-of-truth

A ghostly visage, though, and striking set as here against that magnificent red.

Absolutely, so Gregory Peck and Roman Holiday, and I hadn't even thought about it, though the face was haunting me, like Alan Magee's cryptic black-and-white portraits. Right on two faces with only allusion to the second with the smudges on red with all the intimations of that color, which equates to "Janus No." The red is from Hanalei, and I just knew it was going to be all about the smudges. The asphalt is from a Lihue street, just staring up at me. No blinking, that.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, benqui said:

Tmax 3200 (with 1600), X-Tol 1:1, M4, Apo 90

Unmistakably your work, Marc!

10 hours ago, A miller said:

I have spent a lot of mornings at this spot and shared a few of them here.  As I have been studying them, I have kicked myself for not realizing on the exact vision that I saw when I was there.  Either I was able to get the entire Manhattan Bridge and no Freedom Tower, or only the right back of the Manhattan Bridge (and still all of the Brooklyn Bridge) and also the Freedom Tower.  The 90mm lens on my Technorama didn't have enough reach to capture both.

So I went back last Sunday and went for a night time scape for that full scene that I had envisioned, relying on the ability to stitch two frames together.

Here's the result :)  Computers are good. :) 

Tmax 100, Technorama 617siii, 90mm Super Angulon XL

2 frames stitched, about 12 minutes of exposure time for each frame. 

Files size is 28754x9585 and 1.54GB 🤯

Well worth your efforts (& humungous file size), Adam!

2 hours ago, Xícara de Café said:

Leica IIIf, Summaron 3.5cm 1:3.5, Ilford HP5+ 400, Kodak D-76 1:1 11"45' 21ºC.

I like the tones, texture, light and shadows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, gbealnz said:

Maybe time to start processing it yourself then? I know you've resisted this in the past, but as the Daleks once said "futile".

Gary

ha ha, wife still won't allow me.  Besides, the convenience afforded here in NYC with our plethora of pro labs with speedy home delivery service is something that should be supported, me thinks :)

19 hours ago, stray cat said:

Just scintillating, Adam. Even the cloud-gods were with you, providing on the left the perfect foil for the angle of the Manhattan bridge on the right hand side. One of your very best - and, considering your impeccable body of work, that's not something I'd say lightly.

Thanks, Phil.  

11 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Well worth your efforts (& humungous file size), Adam!

Cheers, Keith 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1