I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

When I returned to film, I decided to standardize on HC-110. I just thought I'd try D-76, which was my goto chemistry in pre-digital years. D-76 seems sharper to me, with less grain and a somewhat more pure or delicate rendering, if that makes sense. I'm not sure if these characteristics outweigh the cost and convenience of HC-110, but I like it. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AntonioF said:

Nice! How do you like this 28mm Canon?

A couple years back I came across the Canon 28/3.5 that came with a 28mm viewfinder. The price of the two, together, was less than just about any other 28mm viewfinder I could find; so I bought them pretty much to get the VF and never used the lens. Fast forward. I was looking at some photos taken with the Canon 28/2.8 LTM and was pretty impressed; thought I should find the 28/3.5 and give it a try. I like the results. In fact, I can't see any reason to pay the extra for the 28/2.8. As with all the Nikon or Canon stuff, the build quality is great.

OBTW, loaded Catalina OSX 15 on my MacBook Pro so I had to download and use Epson Scan 2 in order to use my Epson V800 scanner. Am finding I regret that move. Having trouble getting the same quality scans I was able to get with the original Epson Scan software. I think the low sharpness is attributable to the scanner problems.

Best,

Wayne

• Thanks 3

On the Yarra.   [FP4]

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Wayne said:

OBTW, loaded Catalina OSX 15 on my MacBook Pro so I had to download and use Epson Scan 2 in order to use my Epson V800 scanner. Am finding I regret that move. Having trouble getting the same quality scans I was able to get with the original Epson Scan software. I think the low sharpness is attributable to the scanner problems....

Same problem here :(

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Monopoli - M6, Summicron 35 asph, HP5@1600

• Like 17

Another change of direction for me... I got up a little early a few weeks ago and took my camera into the Botanical Gardens on the way to work. The light was breathtaking - hopefully I've caught some idea of it in the next few pics! Taken with the usual Hasselblad 503cx, 80mm f/2.8 and, this time, Lomography 400.

Edited by nefarious
  • Like 17

Plockton west coast of Scotland

Ricoh GR1 & Fuji Sensia 

• Like 17

No customers for Costa.  MP, 50mm Summilux-M ASPH, Acros100, Rodinal.

• Like 13

17 hours ago, Ernest said:

So It Started  M-A Thambar-M CS  E100 & Fuji Natura
(a short, very short film, but in a loop, it. . . .)

Love the short film, Rog.  I nominate you for two Oscars :)  She led a good life - the good ones die young 😉

13 hours ago, christoph_d said:

guns n roses...

MP, 35(?), Fuji Industrial 100 

Very good, Christoph - Banksy?

11 hours ago, johnwolf said:

When I returned to film, I decided to standardize on HC-110. I just thought I'd try D-76, which was my goto chemistry in pre-digital years. D-76 seems sharper to me, with less grain and a somewhat more pure or delicate rendering, if that makes sense. I'm not sure if these characteristics outweigh the cost and convenience of HC-110, but I like it. 

Good ones, john.  I feel that the first is a particularly strong street photograph.  You might consider leveling it horizontally - it seems slightly tilted on my screen.  

5 hours ago, nefarious said:

Another change of direction for me... I got up a little early a few weeks ago and took my camera into the Botanical Gardens on the way to work. The light was breathtaking - hopefully I've caught some idea of it in the next few pics! Taken with the usual Hasselblad 503cx, 80mm f/2.8 and, this time, Lomography 400.

very nice, love the color palette in the highlights - long live Fall!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

vor 21 Stunden schrieb A miller:

From an early morning late last week trying to milk the peak Fall in Central Park for all that it still is before it is no longer 

Bethesda Fountain

Ektar, Technorama 617siii, 90mm

and you milked  it very well.. perfect. 

vor 57 Minuten schrieb A miller:

Jerusalem 🕵️‍♂️

IIIg, 28mm Summaron, Portra 400

I guess there is only a small time window to make this kind of "burning" your image onto by-passers ? Just before sunset ? And --streets in west - east direction.... there is more to these fedora-man-hitting-the-street-shots than the first glance gives away... respect, Adam. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kl@usW. said:

and you milked  it very well.. perfect. 

I guess there is only a small time window to make this kind of "burning" your image onto by-passers ? Just before sunset ? And --streets in west - east direction.... there is more to these fedora-man-hitting-the-street-shots than the first glance gives away... respect, Adam. 

Thanks very much, Klaus.  You are correct that in the summer the silly tattooing of myself on people only occurs during a couple of hours in the morning and then the evening.  And the earlier in the morning and the later in the evening, the shadows get longer and harder to work with when using my 28mm.  So there really is an even tighter window within which my image shows up in the optimal size on my subjects.  In the winter in NYC, the long shadows are around much longer and so there is much more time to work with, which means more time to be ridiculously silly.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Kl@usW. said:

Salt II

SWC open & Ektar at sunset

Holy moly - that is stunning!  So surreal.  Like a movie set.  The composition is brilliant with the triangles repeated throughout.  This will be enjoyed on the "favorites" list for a long time 👌  Congrats, Klaus.  Totally blew me away!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And Then  M-A Thambar-M CS E100 & Fuji Natura

• Like 19