Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, DirkR440 said:

one more from the New Jersey trip with Marc and Adam. A bit earlier.

(Leica MP with 24mm and Ektar)

New York by Dirk R., auf Flickr

Superb picture with nice color and definition at night Dirk  without needing Isos digital race !

Best  Henry

PS: Dirk on our FB photos group you can post every pics you want  in film VN or another country .Thanks

Edited by Doc Henry

Minox B, Kodak Imagelink (microfilm)

15 hours ago, philipus said:

Really excellent results for such a slow film. I hadn't heard of it before but it seems extremely fine-grained and contrasty. The sand looks amazing. How did you develop it?

HC-110 1:47 for 7 mins at 20C. I was suggested to try Rondinal, but I don't have any. I've never used it. Maybe I'll get some. 

I recently tried out some of the Silbersalz film in my MP.  Initially I was disappointed with the scans and the state of the negatives, I believe other users have had the same problem here.  On reporting this to Silbersalz I was sent some new film and an apology, they'd had some technical problems that are now fixed.  I requested my negatives back and have re-scanned them, I am now quite pleased and will try this film again.  All the below are on the 50D film stock.  Since getting a dog we are finding ourselves spending more time at the beach...

Polzeath 

Silbersalz 50D

Advertisement (gone after registration)

More godmen from the deity-bearing band of men. They have drums and horns they play when on the move... and have flowers in their caps!

More Kodak 2238 - A1, 28/2.8 FD

Everybody's looking in different directions in the first pic and everybody's out of focus ...

Edited by AntonioF

36 minutes ago, AntonioF said:

More Kodak 2238 - A1, 28/2.8 FD

Everybody's looking in different directions in the first pic and everybody's out of focus …

Outstanding family moment. Very candid. A brief respite for an exhausted mother. :)

Best,

Wayne

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:37 PM, mradey said:

Took me about a year to *really* appreciate your work here. We are blessed to have your art displayed on this forum. Any chance on a short disposition on your methodology? (And where we can buy it ha ha!!)

Thanks for your interest in my work and your kind words. Methodology? An area that interests me is color, itself. Abstract painters started to focus on color and its interaction, and Albers of Bauhaus fame wrote a book on that very subject, which I have found inspiring. Years ago, I started shooting surfaces, walls and whatever, for their color and texture. I experimented with compositions of two or more shots that butted together to make an abstract print. I could dry-mount two Kodachromes to make 20x60 print. In those days, I was shooting Nikon F2, Leica M3, and Rolleiflex f/2.8--all of which I still shoot. My methodology? I think editing is a maze that always challenges me to find the most direct path, a visual statement minus clutter that self-destructs. As I say this, I don't want to exclude that notion of "clutter" that may be the statement, altogether. I have always been a painter, so I remember the caution that a good painter knows, which is when to stop before "ruining" the painting. It seems, though, that I am always messing up, but I am trying to learn when to quit.

I thought you might be interested in looking at I like film...(open thread).

Cheers,
Rog

2 hours ago, Wayne said:

Outstanding family moment. Very candid. A brief respite for an exhausted mother. :)

Best,

Wayne

Thanks! Double exhausted by the end of November! ✌️

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:25 AM, stray cat said:

bathing box, mount martha 2019

rolleiflex 2.8f, fuji 400x

Mesmerizing trapezoidals, the alliteration of Zs is shorthand for sleeping, but there's no dozing with these COLORS to slap me awake! Love those verticals in your Rollei, your composition is enough to foment revolution against the tyranny of the rectangle, enlisting a few equilateral triangles out of the shadows. Color and form wins the auction, so I am waving my paddle. Applause, applause.