I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/25/2019 at 12:08 PM, DirkR440 said:

New York, Leica MP with 35mm Summilux and Kodak Ektar:

New York by Dirk R., auf Flickr

Love it, Dirk.  Despite being a hazy day the film still has an appealing rendering.  I love the brightness from the reservoir lake reflecting the sky.   There is really so much to see and enjoy in the details.  And lastly, man you are tall! 😂😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

vor 7 Minuten schrieb A miller:

After hitting this spot with Dirk during his trip, we got some really lovely light just before dawn but the sky wasn't as interesting as it could be.  So since then I have gone back twice more to try my luck at capturing a little more excitement with the clouds coverage.  It's one of the benefits of living here 😉

Ektar, Technorama 617siii, 90mm Schnieder Super Angulon XL

Again an eyecatcher Adam! Especially in this photo I really like the shape of the water (with white spots from the clouds?)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, benqui said:

Thank you very much Adam! Of course the light was "all natural"😀

wow...all i can say is wow.

1 minute ago, benqui said:

Again an eyecatcher Adam! Especially in this photo I really like the shape of the water (with white spots from the clouds?)

thanks.  i was telling Dirk that my wife gave this a rare thumbs up so it might actually earn a very large spot on our living room wall. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Past Perfect  M-A APO 50 & Thambar-M CS E100
Working with the idea of the past relegated to obscured construction zone, translucent, anything but perfect, except perhaps in its imperfection. The trajectory from blank slate to blur.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor einer Stunde schrieb A miller:

wow...all i can say is wow.

thanks.  i was telling Dirk that my wife gave this a rare thumbs up so it might actually earn a very large spot on our living room wall. 😅

Yes a thumbs up from a wife is as rare as birthday, eastern and christmas on one day!!😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, A miller said:

After hitting this spot with Dirk during his trip, we got some really lovely light just before dawn but the sky wasn't as interesting as it could be.  So since then I have gone back twice more to try my luck at capturing a little more excitement with the clouds coverage.  It's one of the benefits of living here 😉

nice shot..love the reflections on the water

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A miller said:

Another great shot from this vantage point! Do you happen to have a version from that day with less water and more sky? I think it might have a slight impact on the overall scene, as there is much more detail to explore in the clouds. On the other hand it might lose the calm that comes from the "frozen" water. It is indeed a benefit of living next to that spot - so we can easily make suggestions from far away and send you back to this place again and again 😎

• Thanks 1

South-east of Tbilisi lies Rustavi which is an ancient city that probably dates to 500-400 BC. It has a part called New Rustavi which is, well, newer than the old part of Rustavi, obviously called Old Rustavi. New Rustavi was built by German POWs in the 1940s on the orders of that infamous Georgian Josef Stalin and turned into a major industrial centre with several iron- and steelworks. After the fall of the iron curtain things haven't gone so well though and the area is very poor. New Rustavi is dominated by wide avenues along which literally hundreds of more or less colourful Soviet-style apartment blocks stretch for kilometres.

I went there in February having become interested in the area from seeing it afar when I was in Georgia in 2018. Unfortunately I only had one day to dash around with my friendly driver Badri, but I managed to catch a variety of hopefully interesting sights. This photograph is of the local Public Service Hall.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Flickr
40/4+PC Mutar Ektar X1
  • Like 17

Wow great results with Ektachrome, Phil. I've shot a couple of rolls but never get these colours. Strange, because I used to shoot Ektachrome a lot in the 80s and 90s and never had any problems. I really like the organic and "real" feel that this film gives (when anyone except I uses it :D).

4 hours ago, stray cat said:

apollo bay 2019

28mm elmarit, ektachrome 100

I'm happy you posted this because it shows how important focal length is to conveying a message with an image. 

3 hours ago, stray cat said:

...and now, just for a laugh, a comparison of three focal lengths:

28mm elmarit, velvia 50

50mm canon f1.4 ltm, velvia 50

135mm elmarit, velvia 50

Wow Xíara, this is great. 

2 hours ago, Xícara de Café said:

Contax III, Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 5cm 1:2 collapsible, Ilford Delta 100 @ 80, PMK 1:2:100 10" 24ºC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1