• Scanned w/ Nikon LS-9000
  • Model: Erica Citrin

Looks very good Marc! Portra 400 is the perfect film for people photography

Am 27.9.2019 um 20:44 schrieb A miller:

Wow! Fedora man protected by an angel!

Am 27.9.2019 um 20:45 schrieb A miller:

And a sunset pano from the Dead Sea  🧡

Ektar, Technorama, 90mm Super Angulon XL

I really like it! The colors are so peaceful and harmonic!

vor 3 Minuten schrieb atournas:

Intense look.

Just found her after some time, but really very special!

• Thanks 2

Last days of summer fun at the boardwalk.....Point Pleasant, NJ

2019-08-30-00014 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

• 50 DR Summicron
  • Portra 400 in C41 Press Kit
  • Nikon LS-9000

This frame was shot around 1/500 or 1/1000, I noticed some (darker) uneven exposure in the sky above the stars.  I have a few other frames taken around the same time and they all have it more noticeable in the same locations.  I'm thinking I may need a shutter curtain adjustment, any thoughts?

• Like 16

9 hours ago, adan said:

Milepost 210, Aspens and the Gore Range, Dillon, CO.

Mamiya 6 50mm Sekor G, TMax 400, HC-110B

Very nice, Adan.  Reminds me more of Delta 100 or Acros (which btw I hear they are bringing back in 120 format)

5 hours ago, mdachs said:

Budapest, 20 August 1978, national holiday

IIIg 3.5/50 agfachrome 50s

Joachim

Very lovely.  Love the classic look

5 hours ago, benqui said:

Wow! Fedora man protected by an angel!

I really like it! The colors are so peaceful and harmonic!

Many thanks, Marc :)

5 hours ago, benqui said:

I have to admit that it is a fake street photo! Inspired by Adam I tried to find a place with smoke on the streets (but unfortunately the light was not perfect) . My son had to walk several times until I was satisfied (and he bored).

M6, Zeiss 35mm, Portra 400 (with ISO 200)

Ha ha, very funny, Marc.  Love the colors and of course the schmootz, which is not so common outside of winter.   I hope your son didn't get too much pollution inhalation😮 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Lifeguard
M-A APO 50  E100

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 15

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Little Red One
M-A APO 50  E100
Steel, stucco, and glass. Moving from Bauhaus to postmodernism, or is it the other way around? This is a photograph that is about making a photograph, looking through the Leica viewfinder at the subject of the photograph, which is the photograph itself deconstructed with a mock Kodak color separation guide--all steel, stucco, and glass. Ironically, only the APO 50mm was used, but the frame lines I patterned in the shot are for the 90mm lens. The frame lines, then, indicate a shot to be taken (in the future) with a 90mm, so you are looking at the 50mm photograph, cropped for an imagined 90mm shot.

• Like 12

Leica M7 Silber Fuji 200 Summicron 40 mm Berlin Halensee

• Like 16

Have posted this before but here it is again as a print done using a split contrast method. Leica IIIf, Summicron 5cm 1:2 collapsible, Ilford Delta 100, Kodak D76 1:1, Leitz Focmat 1c, Schneider Componon-S 2.8/50, Ilford FB 7"×9.5" matt paper.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, verwackelt said:

It is a nice picture from an office. Is it from the 60ies?only the little camera seems to be new.
But i like your previous version on flickr more: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/xicaradecafe/48463232682/

Thanks. Taken a couple of months ago in the Brasilia Palace Hotel in an atrium where the lifts are situated. Yes I agree, the older negative scan looks better on screen. I did do other test prints that were darker, but they are too dark to see well in normal indoor light. This one looks good and I made no adjustments to the scan besides removing some dust particles which I'll do later on the print with some ink. I think the darker prints may scan well but would require a dedicated light to be seen. I did also try stronger contrast but found it difficult not to lose the detail on the bright patch on the wall. If anyone has any printing suggestions please let me know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps try to do a repro-photo of the print than scanning the print. Modern digital cameras are often better in reproduction than most scanner that are available. Most scanner have 90ies technology inside…
If you want perfection for a reprophotography, you could shoot a colorchecker testchart and make a profile for that camera. So the repros will fit the original very good…

16 minutes ago, verwackelt said:

Perhaps try to do a repro-photo of the print than scanning the print. Modern digital cameras are often better in reproduction than most scanner that are available. Most scanner have 90ies technology inside…
If you want perfection for a reprophotography, you could shoot a colorchecker testchart and make a profile for that camera. So the repros will fit the original very good…

If I could only stop myself from buying old film cameras, I could one day purchase a good digital! 🙂

Edited by Xícara de Café
  • Haha 3

😉 I know that urge for old stuff…
But it does not need to be an Leica M10 or SL. I would buy a cheap Panasonic GH4 with the Leica-Panasonic 45mm macro lens. At ebay they are quite cheap and do a good job for making repros.  That combo is quite cheaper AND faster than a scanner that could achieve their quality...

• Like 1

I am absolutely comfortable to "read" this picture from right to left ;) It is fascinating - once more - how much detail these large negatives are able to reproduce. I guess in the original version you are able to count every single bolt that holds together the construction of this iconic bridge. The difference in color on the Brooklyn side compared to the Manhattan side, which is getting the first rays of a new mornings sun is very nice. It's a pity that I didn't have the chance to see these bridges in such a light during our stay in April. Will have to come back, though :)

• Like 1