Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

12 hours ago, benqui said:

I bet if you come back next year, he still will be there!

On 9/16/2019 at 11:55 PM, Ernest said:

This is getting so film noir, especially since I just finished watching Key Largo for the umpteenth time. Yeah, you checked on the guy, but you didn't say whether he was still ALIVE! I mean, didn't four hours pass since you took that first shot in front of all those witnesses? Are you going to do a time-lapse of the kids on the beach burying this soul, lost to the world, up to his nostrils in sand? Is Phil going to arrange for a Bernard Herrmann sound track?

HA HA this is seriously funny, Rog.  You are multi multi- talented 👌

On 9/17/2019 at 4:58 AM, philipus said:

Hahaha his made me laugh out loud

Thanks, Philip :)

9 hours ago, MT0227 said:

Botanical Waves

(Rutger's Gardens - New Brunswick, NJ)

2019-09-14-00034 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

• Leica M3 / Portra 400
  • 50 DR Summicron w/goggles on
  • Unicolor C41 Press Kit 
  • LS-9000

Really love these colors, Marc.  I think it is my favorite so far of your wonderful series.

2 hours ago, jona_gold said:

Leica IIIa, Summar 2/5, Adox Silvermax, Microphen Dev stock

very amusing - love it!

13 hours ago, benqui said:

I bet if you come back next year, he still will be there!

very funny, Marc 😂😂

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Ernest:

Trace Damage X
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion & E100
Color field acclamation series; using a 27" monitor, position viewing distance 18" from the screen.

Rog, I like the fields. But I´m not sure I understand your  suggestion  with the monitor: Am I supposed to nudge my visual cortex into an attempt to fuse the two color fields ? 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb A miller:

Here's my second (and last) from the evening of September 11 last week during the "magic hour" just after sunset before it went dark.

I don't see too many photos of this scene during this particular time of the evening...

Ektar, Technorama 617siii, 90mm Schneider Super Angulon XL

Adam, really very good, both of them. I personally prefer the first, darker version a little bit.... 

vor 20 Minuten schrieb benqui:

Tmax 3200 (with ISO 1600), APO 90, M4

unusual perspective, but convincing:  the oblique posture is filling the space perfectly, focus where it belongs,  and the ladies long and smooth neck comes into its own... 

On 9/16/2019 at 8:54 PM, A miller said:

yeah, I did... 🕵️‍♂️

I love the shadow of you in the hat taking the picture. Superb.

Best, -Tim

7 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

Adam, really very good, both of them. I personally prefer the first, darker version a little bit.... 

Really appreciate and value your opinion, Klaus.  It is a tough one for me.  I think the colors in the sky and water really shine best in the full resolution version.  I am going to make a test print and see what it looks like.  I may also reduce the luminance of the blue in the sky a tad, along the lines of your comment, and see what that looks like. Very much a work in process!  Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Bethesda Fountain again:

Ricoh GR1 - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

Very lovely, James.  The Bethesda courtyard area is probably the best place for photography in all of Central Park.  People just love those arches and details in the ceiling.   I have it high on my list to go back there with my pano...

3 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Red light:

M3 - Cron 50 DR - Cinestill 800T

Love that scene (which was very close to your "hotel", right?)  It has a 1970's feel to it.

55 minutes ago, Timmyjoe said:

I love the shadow of you in the hat taking the picture. Superb.

Best, -Tim

Thanks, Tim!  Hope all is well with your health and I appreciate your comment.  I will keep you amused with my shadow for the next year if you'll stick around :)

vor 10 Stunden schrieb A miller:

I had some hand-held fun on the beach in Tel Aviv with my Technorama.

Here's one with Portra 160 and the 90mm Super Angulon XL...

There are some serious recreational sports happening on the beach :)

The difference between the "religious" beach and the (how should I say) "open-minded" beach is worth a book. Both love the sea but both look totally different. After a time of reflection (approx. 2347 milliseconds) I would prefer the second one 😉