Jump to content
Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Long exposure of about five minutes on Silbersalz35 50D in my Leica M4-P with Cron 35, Coolscan V and post processing in Lightroom.

Blue hour in Rovinj - Croatia:

 

 

Wow, that's the longest exposure I think I've ever seen with an M film camera.  Very good result!

9 hours ago, benqui said:

put it on the wall in your work!

Maybe I will.  But I have another that I just scanned in that might be better :)

9 hours ago, benqui said:

Your wish is my command: 356A in the night (no museum piece)

M6, Tmax 3200, Apo 50

 

 

wow, love this series.  the toning, the exposure, the tones.  Great.

1 hour ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

And another one:

 

Probably with the same combo

Very good, James.  Love the motion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, S/W said:

New York West 34th St

 

Leica M7 * Voigtländer Nokton 1.4/35 S.C. * Kodak TriX * Kodak HC 110 * Nikon Coolscan V ED

Lovely, Stefan.   Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 55 Minuten schrieb A miller:

This past Tuesday was "9/11" and each year during that one night (only) the Tribute in Light is displayed, which are giant beams of lights that are projected up to the sky and symbolize the two World Trade Center Towers that were destroyed on that horrible day.

I finally decided to get off of my ass and go out shooting the Lights in the evening and night.   I chose this spot in New Jersey.  There are other great spot as well and next year I shall hit those.  

I am still in the process of polishing this up but I share it given the current event relevance.

Hopefully, this is one of at least two... 

Tribute in Light - 9/11

Ektar (over 8 minutes), Technorama 617siii, 90mm

very impressive-in every sense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

...By a Thread

(Rutger's Gardens - New Brunswick, NJ)

2019-09-14-00033 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

 

I happened to see this little pedal floating around in the breeze...who knows where it is now.

  • Leica M3 / Portra 400
  • 50 DR Summicron w/goggles
  • Unicolor C41 Press Kit 
  • LS-9000
Edited by MT0227

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

very impressive-in every sense...

Thanks, Klaus :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MT0227 said:

 

 

...By a Thread

(Rutger's Gardens - New Brunswick, NJ)

2019-09-14-00033 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

 

I happened to see this little pedal floating around in the breeze...who knows where it is now.

  • Leica M3 / Portra 400
  • 50 DR Summicron w/goggles
  • Unicolor C41 Press Kit 
  • LS-9000

Very good and congrats on the home dev 👌🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A miller said:

Very good and congrats on the home dev 👌🏻

Thank you my friend.....I think I may have my C41 process set.   I can make 8 equal measures of 250ml in a 2 liter kit.  Each 250ml can develop 2 rolls of 135 or 120 in any combo, thats 18 rolls for $60.  I mix it up on the fly for each pair of C41 rolls exposed. 

Edited by MT0227

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MT0227 said:

Thank you my friend.....I think I may have my C41 process set.   I can make 8 equal measures of 250ml in a 2 liter kit.  Each 250ml can develop 2 rolls of 135 or 120 in any combo, thats 18 rolls for $60.  I mix it up on the fly for each pair of C41 rolls exposed. 

Do you re-use the chemicals, or just use them once?

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really outstanding Adam, perfect timing to catch all these blues. The one tiny little thing I would suggest very humbly is tipping the image vertically towards the viewer to line up the verticals. I'm obviously saying this without knowing if it is at all possible or a good idea so all fwiw of course.

If I soon get myself a panorama camera I will blame you :D I really like this super-wide format. 

On 9/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, A miller said:

My keeper from last week... 💙  

Exposure time was 2min 39secs

Nautical Twilight, Ektar, Technorama, 90mm

Fantastic, Rog. The 3D effect of is staggeringly good

On 9/13/2019 at 9:17 PM, Ernest said:

Backroom Talk Gray Squared
M-A APO 50 E100
Bauhaus homage: stuck on stucco.

Oh la la, that spells trouble weather-wise :D

On 9/13/2019 at 10:16 PM, MT0227 said:

La Mer Beach Front Resort - Cap May, NJ

2019-08-25-00011 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

 

About 15min earlier my better half and I were enjoying the sun on the beach..

 

  • Bessa III 667W
  • Portra 400 (Pushed 1 stop)
  • Developed in C41 Press Kit
  • LS-9000

This is so cool, is it possible to shoot freely at Tempelhof?

On 9/13/2019 at 11:11 PM, Rennrocky said:

Flughafen Tempelhof Art Berlin Hasselblad Super Wide Kodak Portra 400

Great result! Makes my head spin.

On 9/14/2019 at 12:17 PM, Xícara de Café said:

When I tire of taking photos of the dog. Same set up as the above. 8 multiple exposures.

A true testament to the fidelity of film. Wonderful Wayne.

On 9/14/2019 at 1:27 PM, Wayne said:

Kodak TMax 3200, Minox B, I had to try.

Friday night. Heartland. The work is done.

I agree, this has such terrific 3D qualities, well done Phil. It really jumps off the screen.

On 9/15/2019 at 7:56 AM, stray cat said:

watching waves, waikiki 2019

m6ttl, 35mm summicron, portra 400

Bubblegum, pastel, blood and fire on-slaught, wow! 

16 hours ago, Ernest said:

Doubled Bubble
M-A APO 50 E100
An added layer for Josef Albers. Common stucco, steel, and glass.

This is truly fantastic Adam. I saw it on Instagram first and even on the pitifully small screen of my iPhone it just grabbed me. WOW. Sublime.

11 hours ago, A miller said:

This past Tuesday was "9/11" and each year during that one night (only) the Tribute in Light is displayed, which are giant beams of lights that are projected up to the sky and symbolize the two World Trade Center Towers that were destroyed on that horrible day.

I finally decided to get off of my ass and go out shooting the Lights in the evening and night.   I chose this spot in New Jersey.  There are other great spot as well and next year I shall hit those.  

I am still in the process of polishing this up but I share it given the current event relevance.

Hopefully, this is one of at least two... 

Tribute in Light - 9/11

Ektar (over 8 minutes), Technorama 617siii, 90mm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mdp said:

Do you re-use the chemicals, or just use them once?

Thanks 

Hi....The minimum amount of developer for my Jobo 1500 tank is 240ml, each batch of 240ml can develop 2 rolls of 135 or 120 per the developer instructions. Since 250 goes into 2000 (2L) evenly, I just make a bit more to be safe.  As I expose pairs of 135/120 C41 rolls I make 250ml of solution for each pair on the fly and discard after the chemistry is exhausted. 

The powder cost me $60 delivered and I believe I can develop 16 rolls of C41 with this approach.    

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MT0227 said:

Hi....The minimum amount of developer for my Jobo 1500 tank is 240ml, each batch of 240ml can develop 2 rolls of 135 or 120 per the developer instructions. Since 250 goes into 2000 (2L) evenly, I just make a bit more to be safe.  As I expose pairs of 135/120 C41 rolls I make 250ml of solution for each pair on the fly and discard after the chemistry is exhausted. 

The powder cost me $60 delivered and I believe I can develop 16 rolls of C41 with this approach.    

 

 

 

Ok, many thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy