I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Trace Damage X
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion & E100
Color field acclamation series; using a 27" monitor, position viewing distance 18" from the screen.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, Ernest said:

Trace Damage X
Color field acclamation series; using a 27" monitor, position viewing distance 18" from the screen.

This totally messes with my eyes.....I like it.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

past tense, yes, but something precious from the past, may be excavated by a pot hunter.... and now hastily unwrapped from a toxic paper in the dark corner of the parking lot to sell it to the salivating  collector...an early canvas of Josef Albers, or was it his  cloth to wipe the brushes ?  Anyway, a priceless find.... compared only to the  Shakespeare Folio with Miltons annotations ... 😯😀

Most amusing, as usual, your creative reading of my color field foray, smudged with Albers's palette, whether canvas or paint rag--oh, to have an archived collection of painting rags from renegade artists (only the renegades earn the acclaimed reputations)--and to share some measure of notoriety with the recent find in the stacks of Philadelphia's Free Library of Shakespeare's 1617 folio, annotated by Milton's hand! My dreams may be tinged with the toxic grain courtesy of ADOX, but your Technicolor productions of fancy, I enthusiastically applaud.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, MT0227 said:

This totally messes with my eyes.....I like it.

I worked through nine preliminary "photo-sketches" to get to this point--yes, I thought about a vertigo disclaimer--so I sympathize with your malady. Thanks, Marc, for being a daredevil, tripping into the color field. Sometimes, we have to be a bit crazy, right.  I mean, who would think of venturing to Chernobyl with Leicas, just to rack up some snaps of the abandoned site, totally radioactive! REM count, off the chart? Well, maybe not, but check out the latest issue of LHSA Viewfinder.  If ever this called for ADOX Color Implosion!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Ernest said:

Trace Damage X

Reminds me of Johannes Itten, Kunst der Farbe. From colour contrast to Quality contrast, you name it it’s there.

• Thanks 1

IIIf, Summicron 5cm 1:2 collapsible, Kodak ProImage 100.

• Like 18

12 hours ago, benqui said:

I bet if you come back next year, he still will be there!

On 9/16/2019 at 11:55 PM, Ernest said:

This is getting so film noir, especially since I just finished watching Key Largo for the umpteenth time. Yeah, you checked on the guy, but you didn't say whether he was still ALIVE! I mean, didn't four hours pass since you took that first shot in front of all those witnesses? Are you going to do a time-lapse of the kids on the beach burying this soul, lost to the world, up to his nostrils in sand? Is Phil going to arrange for a Bernard Herrmann sound track?

HA HA this is seriously funny, Rog.  You are multi multi- talented 👌

On 9/17/2019 at 4:58 AM, philipus said:

Hahaha his made me laugh out loud

Thanks, Philip :)

9 hours ago, MT0227 said:

Botanical Waves

(Rutger's Gardens - New Brunswick, NJ)

2019-09-14-00034 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

• Leica M3 / Portra 400
  • 50 DR Summicron w/goggles on
  • Unicolor C41 Press Kit 
  • LS-9000

Really love these colors, Marc.  I think it is my favorite so far of your wonderful series.

2 hours ago, jona_gold said:

Leica IIIa, Summar 2/5, Adox Silvermax, Microphen Dev stock

very amusing - love it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Ernest:

Trace Damage X

Rog, I like the fields. But I´m not sure I understand your  suggestion  with the monitor: Am I supposed to nudge my visual cortex into an attempt to fuse the two color fields ? 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb A miller:

Here's my second (and last) from the evening of September 11 last week during the "magic hour" just after sunset before it went dark.

I don't see too many photos of this scene during this particular time of the evening...

Ektar, Technorama 617siii, 90mm Schneider Super Angulon XL

Adam, really very good, both of them. I personally prefer the first, darker version a little bit.... 

• Like 1

1964 Fordson Super Dexta

MP, Ultron 35/2 Asph, Ektachrome in Tetenal

• Like 14