Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Three separate monochrome shots taken on a tripod with red, green and blue filters and re-composed as an RGB image in Gimp. Nikon F2 Photomic, Nikkor-S Auto 50mm 1:1.4, Kodak Tri-X 400, Kodak D-76 1:1.

Edited by Xícara de Café

7 hours ago, Ernest said:

DS (Bauhaus Homage)
M-A Thambar-M CS f/2.8 & APO 50 
ADOX Color Implosion & E100

wow, a literal candy store of colors and shapes - love love

2 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

As the summer goes, a happy memory of hours playing in the woods..     and afterwards, carefully searching for any ticks..🙄

HB, Planar 2,0/110, Scala @200. 

beautiful monochrome - really love it

2 hours ago, Xícara de Café said:

Three separate monochrome shots taken on a tripod with red, green and blue filters and re-composed as an RGB image in Gimp. Nikon F2 Photomic, Nikkor-S Auto 50mm 1:1.4, Kodak Tri-X 400, Kodak D-76 1:1.

very very cool result - bravo!

Fantastic Rog, I really like this one. In your face type of stuff. Love it.

DS (Bauhaus Homage)
M-A Thambar-M CS f/2.8 & APO 50 
ADOX Color Implosion & E100

Hahaha great find, Adam. The camera at your eye broadens the head & neck shadow which almost gives an ominous impression. 

9 hours ago, A miller said:

The prowl continues... 🕵️‍♂️😂

Tel Aviv

IIIg, 28mm summaron, Portra 400

Terrific Robert, looks like the Heliar did very well.

11 hours ago, robert_parker said:

A savage test for a f3,5 lens in extreme lighting - Cranbourne Street (Leicester Square) London; VC 101 Set 3,5 Heliar (all scans and dev courtesy of Snappy Snaps 30 minute service, out of hours too - I think they did pretty well...)

This is lovely Klaus, excellent framing and just enough DOF to single out the tree.

3 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

As the summer goes, a happy memory of hours playing in the woods..     and afterwards, carefully searching for any ticks..🙄

HB, Planar 2,0/110, Scala @200. 

Oh my, wow. What a cool effect. It reminds me of using several strobes with different colour filters to create differently-coloured shadows. 

2 hours ago, Xícara de Café said:

vor 9 Stunden schrieb philipus:

Speaking of colours, this is from my daughter's sixth birthday :D On the other photos she looks much happier, haha. Shot with the 203FE, 80 Planar and strobe (either the SF-24 or the SB-30) through an umbrella on expired Provia 400X (X1 scan).

Ha ha, this is great! She will love it!

Am 10.9.2019 um 22:24 schrieb MT0227:

My son goes there.....Washington Square is full of great material.  Do you typically shoot Portra 400 1 stop over (200)?  Do you pull one stop in processing too? 

Yes, your son should have a great time there. Yes, I always shoot the Portra 400 with 200, the same with the processing. It gives you a pastel look which I really like

2 hours ago, benqui said:

Yes, your son should have a great time there. Yes, I always shoot the Portra 400 with 200, the same with the processing. It gives you a pastel look which I really like

I will give it a try with my next roll....thanks

Hanapepe Custom
M-A APO 50 Portra 400

Wonderful frame, great colors ....the details, especially in the chrome and glass, feel like you can reach out and touch them.   50APO looks nice with film.

Edited by MT0227

14 hours ago, philipus said:

Speaking of colours, this is from my daughter's sixth birthday :D On the other photos she looks much happier, haha. Shot with the 203FE, 80 Planar and strobe (either the SF-24 or the SB-30) through an umbrella on expired Provia 400X (X1 scan).

Pouting Alice in Wonderland--a priceless moment. Love the framing, the selective focus, the riot of carnival color in counterpoint to her fleeting expression--disdain, disdain, "Do we have to do this, now?" Let's get her expression twenty years from now, looking at this shot.

Hahaha great find, Adam. The camera at your eye broadens the head & neck shadow which almost gives an ominous impression. 

Thanks, Philip :) 

Wow, totally agree with Rog.  PRICELESS moment and generations.  Bravo!!!

9 hours ago, Ernest said:

Hanapepe Custom
M-A APO 50 Portra 400

UBER sublime colors, Rog.  And wall-worthy for sure.

8 hours ago, SHenry said:

R7 Camera, R 90mm lens, Fuji Velvia 50, B&W convert, NCPS lab.

Torrey Pines Reserve, CA, USA.

Very interesting conversion, I can detect the highlights from the slide film coming through - very good !

5 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

in the dunes, baltic sea. 

M7, Elmarit-M 2,8/24 Asph; Scala @200

Very good, Klaus!!

4 hours ago, benqui said:

Shadow on the wall

M6, Portra 400 (with ISO 200), Zeiss 2.8/35

These two are fantastic, Marc.  Classic Chinatown :)

4 hours ago, benqui said:

in the streets of NY with Mister Miller (without Fedora)

Same equipment as above

50 minutes ago, man:men said:

And here comes another Negative-Disaster out of my stock

very good!!