Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, erl said:

My second test film to perfect splitting the powder kit from Unicolor C41. This was splitting 1/8 of all the powders to create a a 'One Shot' process. ie. dump chemistry after each film processed. I am satisfied this was successful.

Hassy + 40mm Distagon. Kodak Portra 400

Stairway To Heaven (& hell below!)😁

I was thinking of doing this in some fashion so I don't have to wait as long in between development runs.   Did you simply divide the weight of each powder by 8 and dilute each mixture by 1/8 of the water?   Thanks.

Truly excellent. This shows how a photographer with a great eye can turn virtually anything into a pleasing and artistic photo.

2 hours ago, Xícara de Café said:

Nikon F2 Photomic, Nikkor-P Auto 105mm 1:2.5, Kodak ProImage 100.

Wow it's as if one can touch the water drops and feel the air. Terrific John. Those Lancias aren't seen everyday.

3 hours ago, jcraf said:

Stratos.

Nikon F5, 17-35 AFS, Kodak Gold 400.

Well, I barely have time to develop my black and white and with development at 3,50 Euro a roll for 135 and 120 I see little reason to add even more delays to my already choked workflow. I'll certainly resort to it once the Dutch labs close, though.

2 hours ago, erl said:

Agree about the lens.

You should try processing C41. It is not really difficult, especially as you will have easy access to liquid packs instead of powder packs that I currently have to use because of freight restrictions on liquids.

Such wonderful colours and exposure spot on too

Abel by JM__, on Flickr

Ektachrome 100 - M6 - 35 Summaron 2.8

8 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Long exposure from Rovinj / Croatia with Silbersalz35 50D. I quite like these warm tones:

M4-P - Cron 35

8 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

And here an even longer exposure of something between 5 to 10 minutes:

Same roll as above, slightly cooler white balance

Really like these two!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks James. You read my mind, but it won't work without cutting the H, unfortunately. I need to frame better next time...

10 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Cool composition on the last one. The bring it to perfection you might want to try to crop it in the upper part to bring the diagonal in the upper right corner perfectly in.

On 2 August 2019 at 9:34 PM, Sparkassenkunde said:

As you have probably noticed, I like to experiment with different cameras, emulsions and photographic themes. When I stumbled upon a thread in the german part of this forum about a service provided by silbersalz35.com I had to try this myself - and be it only to see if the grumpy old white men in the german part of LUF are right in complaining about another player in the market who tries to sell old films in new canisters. So I made my order and got 2 rolls of Silbersalz35 in 50D and 2 rolls in 250D. The offered emulsion is nothing better or worse than KodakVision cinefilm and Silbersalz is offering the development in ECN2 developer and provides the full scanning service in RAW, TIFF and JPG format. Altogether I paid almost 60 € for the films including development, scanning in the three formats and return of the negatives. If you don't need your negatives back, you save 15 €. SIlbersalz offers only packs of 4 films including the before mentioned service.

Yesterday I got the link to the dropbox files to my pictures. The whole development & scanning service took them about 3 weeks, but I now got digital data of more than 40 GB. The jpg files come in 5900x3850 and have around 20 MB, the tiff and raw files weigh around 140-160 MB each. 

All in all I quite like the overall appearance of my pictures, they have a certain look and feel, definitely showing a true analog origin. As with other cinefilm emulsions, the results are not perfect, though and I let them check for some annoying streaks in my pictures that definitely are no result of my cameras. 

Sorry for the long read, here comes a first impression:

Ricoh GR 1 - Silbersalz35 250D

Similar to the work by Eoin using Ektar with a yellow filter (hope Eoin doesn't mind me reposting - I quite like the effect, tbh).

Am 3.8.2019 um 04:18 schrieb Ernest:

Yes, I have Zischler's well-researched and enlightening study. Remarkable that it's an area so ignored

... you are right, and I am among  the ignorants.... i only stumbled upon the kafka-cinema connection after reading the book „1913-der Sommer des Jahrhunderts“ (-1913-the summer of the century.)  A very entertaining collection of gossipy bits and pieces,  mainly about cultural and political heavyweights. Kafka among other celebrities. 

Ordered the Zischler and the naxos cd, thank you for  the hint.

K. 

PS. Typing with the iPad-autocorrection  boycotting every single word and trying to change it into something german is an excercise in superhuman patience....so in the next weeks I‘ll be not the most keen writer.  

To my surprise, having worked for years in Kansas, I learned that the windiest area in USA is in Indiana, north of Indianapolis. This wind farm goes on for ten miles.

Fujica Compact Deluxe RF, Fuji Superia 100

Great shot Wayne. Is that a reflection?

8 hours ago, Wayne said:

Mansfield, OH

IIIA (Converted IA) 50/2.5 Hektor, Portra 160

Haha that's a happy customer. I'm very impressed by the exceptional crispness of the image, too.

20 minutes ago, jcraf said:

'Mission accomplished'.

Liverpool.

M4, 50 Summilux Asph, XP2.

2 hours ago, philipus said:

Great shot Wayne. Is that a reflection?

Haha that's a happy customer. I'm very impressed by the exceptional crispness of the image, too.

No. It is a cardboard prop. Years ago they filmed the movie Shawshank Redemption in Mansfield. That is Brooks.