Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Sparkassenkunde:

Skeptical about the "new" emulsion!?!

M4-P - Cron 35 - Silbersalz35 50D

Never heard about it, but I really like the colors!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Did you have to do a lot of „postprocessing“ with Lightroom or Photoshop? I found your discussion in the German part of the forum, but like many of these discussions it was just a waste of time. But especially with sunlight, I really like the „style“ of this film

Posted (edited)

Hi Marc, thanks for your interest and feedback. The pictures shown here are only slightly processed jpg-files. As I do with my own scans I only changed basic parameters, saying exposure, contrast, lights, shadows, whites and blacks. I made a profile with the settings I put on all files after import and so the work is done in no time. White balance adjustments are done occasionaly. I did not begin further testing with the raw files, as they are pretty large and my Mac is almost at its limit.

Btw., in regards of the thread in the german part I feared something like this to happen, but thought my contribution might be of some interest at least. But as seen too much before, all in this discussion is about how something has to be written and presented. This is exactly why I almost exclusively use the international part and could live really good without the german extension.

Edited by Sparkassenkunde

25 minutes ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Long exposure from Rovinj / Croatia with Silbersalz35 50D. I quite like these warm tones:

M4-P - Cron 35

Love it. The perspective suits the subject, and the film seems to be well suited for long exposure times. Did you compensate for the Schwarzschild effect?

I can't exactly remember the exposure time in this one. I think the exposure time was about 30 sec to 1 min in this one, but I can't recall the exposure time my Sekonic light meter measured. 

Posted (edited)
vor einer Stunde schrieb Sparkassenkunde:

Long exposure from Rovinj / Croatia with Silbersalz35 50D. I quite like these warm tones:

M4-P - Cron 35

I find it is a beautiful film for cityscapes. In Scenes where blue sky and clouds are pushed far to the yellows it would not be my preferred film.
But the film has a nice gradation. Tints could be corrected in post…

Edited by verwackelt

Unfortunately the Silbersalz crew is on holidays (??) and the film is again available in September. For sure I will give it a try.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb benqui:

Unfortunately the Silbersalz crew is on holidays (??) and the film is again available in September. For sure I will give it a try.

Shxxx.. i just cranked up my old M3, did an oil change and gave her new spark plugs  and wanted to order a set of that film…
Wait till september…

3 hours ago, philipus said:

Great result, I think. And good work with the 40 Distagon. It's such a great lens. 

So there's now set dilution for that kit? I have never developed C41 myself. 

Agree about the lens.

You should try processing C41. It is not really difficult, especially as you will have easy access to liquid packs instead of powder packs that I currently have to use because of freight restrictions on liquids.