I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

vor 11 Stunden schrieb A miller:

An "in between moment" from Tel Aviv...

IIIg, 28mm summaron, Portra 400

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Neber been there, but Tel Aviv seems to be a very cool place!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Just another salty and unfortunately streaky sunset:

M4-P - Cron 35 - Silbersalz35 50D

James, nice place and time of day! The streaks of shadows from the clouds give it authenticity. I see it often where I live. I love it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MT0227 said:
  • Rollei 35 | 40mm/3.5 Tesser
  • TriX pushed 1 stop in HC-110(B) @ 20c
  • LS-9000

Wheels Up - Jersey City Waterfront

2019-07-28-000014 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

Great framing with the skate board action and the guy entering stage right.

Seeing these Rollei 35 shots (at least one more earlier on) reminds me that I should show my own R35 some love and attention.

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

au Cap Sicié by JM__, on Flickr

Provia 100 - 30mm -Xpan II

On 8/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, Kl@usW. said:

... you are right, and I am among  the ignorants.... i only stumbled upon the kafka-cinema connection after reading the book „1913-der Sommer des Jahrhunderts“ (-1913-the summer of the century.)  A very entertaining collection of gossipy bits and pieces,  mainly about cultural and political heavyweights. Kafka among other celebrities. 

Ordered the Zischler and the naxos cd, thank you for  the hint.

K. 

PS. Typing with the iPad-autocorrection  boycotting every single word and trying to change it into something german is an excercise in superhuman patience....so in the next weeks I‘ll be not the most keen writer.  

Thanks so much for the tip on 1913: The Year Before the Storm (Translated). Immediately, I purchased it on Kindle. What a find—author Florian Illies with his wondrous, oblique humor!  It would be no surprise that if he had been the one to rediscover the secrets of perspective from the Romans, our three-dimensional conceit of space in two dimensions most probably would have a smirk to it. What a profound wit to trace the intersection of so many narratives, the simultaneity is mind-boggling. That 1913 was such a fulcrum, Illies certainly deserves applause for his cinematic cutting from one scene to the next, balancing personalities, art, music, literature, and politics, all with detailed research. Rich reading.

Cheers, Rog

Edited by Ernest
me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Ricoh said:

Great framing with the skate board action and the guy entering stage right.

Seeing these Rollei 35 shots (at least one more earlier on) reminds me that I should show my own R35 some love and attention.

Thanks Steve.....I agree....would defiantly enjoy seeing some more of your Rollei shots.   

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 2:22 PM, Sparkassenkunde said:

Before this thread gets too salty from my latest contributions I strew in some regular pictures made with well known emulsions. Here comes just a field, seen in Croatia. I love the way the evening sun lights the field:

M4-P - Cron 35 - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

Glad I went back to see what I may have missed....this is a lovely frame....the colors....everything. 

• Thanks 1

Venice Ektachrome Leica MA 50mm summicron DR --

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, erl said:

James, nice place and time of day! The streaks of shadows from the clouds give it authenticity. I see it often where I live. I love it.

Just to explain my comment regarding the streaks: I do not complain about the shadow streaks but rather some white streaks coming from damaged emulsion. If you look closely you might see them in the middle of the picture in about the height of the sun. In this picture they are not that pronounced and I already did some copy & paste in Lightroom to cope with this issue. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Nice catchy colors in your latest contributions. In this particular picture it would have been nice, if the composition were slightly different to get a full person within the frame between body and elbow.

Thanks, James.  While we're at it, I personally would have liked a beautiful woman in a full-length polka dot dress and big cat sunglasses walking her poodle in the beginning of the crosswalk on the far side, while maintaining the space between the abstract elbow and dress on each side of the frame with the large white horizontal lines from the crosswalk providing the additional repeating lines and angles.  That classic woman would have filled the scene with additional patterns and shapes and added just the right human element! 😉 😂

13 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Just another salty and unfortunately streaky sunset:

M4-P - Cron 35 - Silbersalz35 50D

I can't really see the streaks, but it really does suck that yet another great film has irritating shortcomings.  I hope it was really just a bad batch and that you have clean results in your next go at it.  I will be keeping an close eye on what comes next as I am really intrigued.  

12 hours ago, benqui said:

Never been there, but Tel Aviv seems to be a very cool place!

Cool pretty much sums it up, Marc.  Lots of cool people here.  I barely fit in!

• Haha 2

'Fresh pigeon sandwiches' Tri-X, Pen FT 70mm f/2

• Like 11
  • Haha 5

Really lovely shot, Dirk. A new member of your family?

18 hours ago, DirkR440 said:

Leica MP, 50mm Summilux and Ilford SFX 200:

with a friend :-) by Dirk R., auf Flickr

Thank you James. Well since I like to be as much in front of the camera as behind I'm sure a video could be done, but what makes me hesitate are all the other aspects of producing something like this. My main goal was actually to design something that anyone can build. I have a few more ideas about the necessary ingredients which may simplify the design even further, so there may be a version 3 coming at some point. 

15 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

This seems to be a really decent tool. Did you think about a Kickstarter campaign? I think there could be some demand out there, and if I see what kind of stuff is offered nowadays by hip companies (and sells in no time) this might become a profitable attempt. You would have do take a fancy video, though...

This is really nice. 

14 hours ago, cobbu2 said:

Noticed this reflection strolling around downtown Jacksonville.

Leica IIIg, 50/2 Summicron (Collapsible), 400TMY-2, HC-110B

48467959447_d8fa35206a_b.jpg

Very good Marc, and just like cobbu's above it shows what a great developer HC110 is. 

13 hours ago, MT0227 said:
  • Rollei 35 | 40mm/3.5 Tesser
  • TriX pushed 1 stop in HC-110(B) @ 20c
  • LS-9000

Wheels Up - Jersey City Waterfront

2019-07-28-000014 by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

I love the colours on this one, Steve. I've been to Hvar a long time ago but missed this castle unfortunately so thanks for posting the image.

9 hours ago, sblitz said:

Tvrdlj Castle, former home of Petar Hektorovic in Stali Grad on Hvar Island in Croatia ..... Ektachrome, Leica MA, 50mm DR summicron

Very nice John, and runs circles around the colour pictures I've seen online of this mill.

49 minutes ago, jcraf said:

John Webb's Windmill. Thaxted, Essex.

M7, 35 Summicron Asph, XP2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The Tbilisi Concert Hall. Sponsored by McDonald's apparently.

Flickr
203FE 40/4 CFE+PC Mutar Extar X1
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, philipus said:

Very good Marc, and just like cobbu's above it shows what a great developer HC110 is. 

Thanks Philip...I like the fact that I can make fresh developer to order when needed, that is one of its best features :)   I'm going to start portioning my C41 Chemistry too, so I can develop on the fly in a cost effective manner.   

Edited by MT0227
  • Thanks 1