I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

25 minutes ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Long exposure from Rovinj / Croatia with Silbersalz35 50D. I quite like these warm tones:

M4-P - Cron 35

Love it. The perspective suits the subject, and the film seems to be well suited for long exposure times. Did you compensate for the Schwarzschild effect?

• Thanks 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Sparkassenkunde:

Long exposure from Rovinj / Croatia with Silbersalz35 50D. I quite like these warm tones:

M4-P - Cron 35

I find it is a beautiful film for cityscapes. In Scenes where blue sky and clouds are pushed far to the yellows it would not be my preferred film.
But the film has a nice gradation. Tints could be corrected in post…

Edited by verwackelt
  • Thanks 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb benqui:

Unfortunately the Silbersalz crew is on holidays (??) and the film is again available in September. For sure I will give it a try.

Shxxx.. i just cranked up my old M3, did an oil change and gave her new spark plugs  and wanted to order a set of that film…
Wait till september…

• Haha 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Stratos.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Nikon F5, 17-35 AFS, Kodak Gold 400.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, philipus said:

Great result, I think. And good work with the 40 Distagon. It's such a great lens. 

So there's now set dilution for that kit? I have never developed C41 myself. 

Agree about the lens.

You should try processing C41. It is not really difficult, especially as you will have easy access to liquid packs instead of powder packs that I currently have to use because of freight restrictions on liquids.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nikon F2 Photomic, Nikkor-P Auto 105mm 1:2.5, Kodak ProImage 100.

• Like 9

More longboats and canals, Birmingham

M2 Ultron 35/2 Asph Delta 100 in DDX

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Abel by JM__, on Flickr

Ektachrome 100 - M6 - 35 Summaron 2.8

à Sanary sur Mer by JM__, on Flickr

Ektachrome 100 - M6 - 35 Summilux v1

7 hours ago, erl said:

My second test film to perfect splitting the powder kit from Unicolor C41. This was splitting 1/8 of all the powders to create a a 'One Shot' process. ie. dump chemistry after each film processed. I am satisfied this was successful.

Hassy + 40mm Distagon. Kodak Portra 400

Stairway To Heaven (& hell below!)😁

I was thinking of doing this in some fashion so I don't have to wait as long in between development runs.   Did you simply divide the weight of each powder by 8 and dilute each mixture by 1/8 of the water?   Thanks.

Truly excellent. This shows how a photographer with a great eye can turn virtually anything into a pleasing and artistic photo.

2 hours ago, Xícara de Café said:

Nikon F2 Photomic, Nikkor-P Auto 105mm 1:2.5, Kodak ProImage 100.

Wow it's as if one can touch the water drops and feel the air. Terrific John. Those Lancias aren't seen everyday.

3 hours ago, jcraf said:

Stratos.

Nikon F5, 17-35 AFS, Kodak Gold 400.

Well, I barely have time to develop my black and white and with development at 3,50 Euro a roll for 135 and 120 I see little reason to add even more delays to my already choked workflow. I'll certainly resort to it once the Dutch labs close, though.

2 hours ago, erl said:

Agree about the lens.

You should try processing C41. It is not really difficult, especially as you will have easy access to liquid packs instead of powder packs that I currently have to use because of freight restrictions on liquids.

Such wonderful colours and exposure spot on too

Abel by JM__, on Flickr

Ektachrome 100 - M6 - 35 Summaron 2.8

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

M4-P - Cron 35

8 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

And here an even longer exposure of something between 5 to 10 minutes:

Same roll as above, slightly cooler white balance

Really like these two!

• Thanks 1

Tri-X Pen FT 70mm f/2

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

- Um, nothing works. It doesn't respond.
- What if, like, you press there, in the corner? 
- Frack, I think it's broken.
- How could it be broken? It's been in your pocket all day.
- Dammit.
- So??
- Eh, I may have sat on it.
- SAT ON IT? Really?
- Um.
- You put a thin piece of electronics in a rear pocket near your a*se and placed yourself on top? Why?
- Eh...
- Clearly you won't be providing the brains to our future offspring...if any.
- Eh sweetie, I mean, don't...
- Now we'll never find our way to Madame Tussauds. Gah, it's all your fault.

Flickr
40 CFE Ektar X1
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Thanks James. You read my mind, but it won't work without cutting the H, unfortunately. I need to frame better next time...

10 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Cool composition on the last one. The bring it to perfection you might want to try to crop it in the upper part to bring the diagonal in the upper right corner perfectly in.

• Like 1

On 2 August 2019 at 9:34 PM, Sparkassenkunde said:

As you have probably noticed, I like to experiment with different cameras, emulsions and photographic themes. When I stumbled upon a thread in the german part of this forum about a service provided by silbersalz35.com I had to try this myself - and be it only to see if the grumpy old white men in the german part of LUF are right in complaining about another player in the market who tries to sell old films in new canisters. So I made my order and got 2 rolls of Silbersalz35 in 50D and 2 rolls in 250D. The offered emulsion is nothing better or worse than KodakVision cinefilm and Silbersalz is offering the development in ECN2 developer and provides the full scanning service in RAW, TIFF and JPG format. Altogether I paid almost 60 € for the films including development, scanning in the three formats and return of the negatives. If you don't need your negatives back, you save 15 €. SIlbersalz offers only packs of 4 films including the before mentioned service.

Yesterday I got the link to the dropbox files to my pictures. The whole development & scanning service took them about 3 weeks, but I now got digital data of more than 40 GB. The jpg files come in 5900x3850 and have around 20 MB, the tiff and raw files weigh around 140-160 MB each. 

All in all I quite like the overall appearance of my pictures, they have a certain look and feel, definitely showing a true analog origin. As with other cinefilm emulsions, the results are not perfect, though and I let them check for some annoying streaks in my pictures that definitely are no result of my cameras. 

Sorry for the long read, here comes a first impression:

Ricoh GR 1 - Silbersalz35 250D

Similar to the work by Eoin using Ektar with a yellow filter (hope Eoin doesn't mind me reposting - I quite like the effect, tbh).

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2