I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Also from this session. Please let me know, what you favor! 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Sorry for interrupting this black&white themed page, but my scanner just gave me some wonderful Velvia colors :)

Mamiya 645 1000s - Sekor-C 80 - Velvia 

Love the colors here, the transition from blue, violet and orange...lovely! For sure this is the one I prefer!

robert

• Thanks 1

Wow this turned my head! Dramatic and contrasty, love it.

9 hours ago, Xícara de Café said:

Leica IIIf, Summaron 3.5cm 1:3.5, yellow filter, Ilford Delta 100, Kodak D-76 1:1.

Haha that guy's pose is priceless :)

7 hours ago, A miller said:

Time Square - 

Cinestill 800T

M7, 50 lux asph

Is this really a half frame frame? Really incredible amount of image info there and such lovely tonality.

4 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

At Bodnant NT, North Wales. Tri-X 400, Pen FT 40mm f/1.4

Great to see you back Marc. I agree with James, what a return! Hope to see you around a bit more.

4 hours ago, MT0227 said:

It's been a while...Work, Life and Photography has not been in balance the last several months.  I also had to convert my entire catalog to a new workstation, which got me way behind on  developing and processing.  I've got most of everything back in order,  just a bit more to do on that work, life, photography balance thing. 

Linhof Master Technika Classic
Schneider Super-Angulon 5.6/47 XL
Tri-X 320 4x5
Developed in HC-110 (B) @20C Jobo 3010 Expert Drum
Epson 850V

Suburban Decay - Milltown, NJ

Suburban Decay by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

I like this framing and you really nailed the development I think. It's interesting to compare this Delta 100 with Andy's just below, a very nice coincidence that you both posted on the same page.

3 hours ago, mdp said:

City Council, Birmingham

M2 Ultron 35/2 Delta 100 in DDX

This does look like Acros to me too, which is/was my favourite black and white 120 film.

3 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Pleased with the tonal gradations from the roll of Fomapan 100 shot yesterday (dev'd in Rodinal 1:50).  A possible substitute for Acros 100 (until it reappears...).

H500C, 80mm Planar.

This sounds like a very interesting project Andy. What inspired you to do it? This is a very well executed and dramatic nature photo (where's the Bison? :D).

1 hour ago, adan said:

Drowning Bison. near Bakerville, Colorado. Interstate 70, Milepost 220

Hassy 500C, 150mm Sonnar C, Delta 100, Rodinal.

Part of a photographic "Transect" of Colorado I am working on - one picture every 10 miles along Interstate-highway 70 from Utah to Kansas. 450 miles/725km - 46 pictures (counting Milepost 0).

Easily this one for me, though all are the kind of visual overload I love about Velvia. 

34 minutes ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Sorry for interrupting this black&white themed page, but my scanner just gave me some wonderful Velvia colors :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

A slightly friendlier stare this time...

Flickr
40 CFE Ektar X1
  • Like 8
  • Haha 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Am 18.7.2019 um 19:32 schrieb AntonioF:

Stairs and bicycle in old Bari

M6, Summicron 35 asph, HP5@1600

20190716-DSC03224 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, philipus said:

Wow this turned my head! Dramatic and contrasty, love it.

Haha that guy's pose is priceless :)

Is this really a half frame frame? Really incredible amount of image info there and such lovely tonality.

Great to see you back Marc. I agree with James, what a return! Hope to see you around a bit more.

I like this framing and you really nailed the development I think. It's interesting to compare this Delta 100 with Andy's just below, a very nice coincidence that you both posted on the same page.

This does look like Acros to me too, which is/was my favourite black and white 120 film.

This sounds like a very interesting project Andy. What inspired you to do it? This is a very well executed and dramatic nature photo (where's the Bison? :D).

Easily this one for me, though all are the kind of visual overload I love about Velvia. 

Thanks Philip, yes indeed the 1/2 frame Pen FT. Credit to the fabulous Zuiko optics and Tri-X for the outcome. I just press the shutter. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Although all three are really nice, but having to make a choice, my vote lands here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More ( to ) sea... 

Golf of Naples with Vesuvio , seen from Capri, balcony of  Villa Axel Munte, in the evening. Waiting for the concert in the small chapel..

m7;  1,4/35; Portra 160@100

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Ernest:

Chroma 5 Transform
M-A APO 50 E100 & ADOX Color Implosion

Working Chroma Series with Kafka's Die Verwandlung in mind. Blaming Klaus.

Great Rog-browsing through your Wunderkammer has been successful again.... 

But, IMHO: as reading from left to right is a cultural choice ---here  I would like to feel free to read and experience  this from right to left--a much more pleasurable story. (I wonder if anyone tried to  read "Die Verwandlung" from the end... it  changes Everything ! )

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mk.10 Antisubmarine Mortar ("Limbo"):

ASM by chrism229, on Flickr

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Pleased with the tonal gradations from the roll of Fomapan 100 shot yesterday (dev'd in Rodinal 1:50).  A possible substitute for Acros 100 (until it reappears...).

H500C, 80mm Planar.

I really like the tones here Keith, I've been looking to give this film stock a try for some time....I need to get some, 400 too.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Wow, what a stunning comeback! Your composition is perfect and the black&white is a dream. Take care of yourself, esp. with this so called work-life-balance. I also ever again fail in keeping the balance. And this tends to have a negative impact on my photography as well.

Thanks for the kind words James.  That was actually the first frame I ever shot with that lens.  I had my camera in the brush and was about 1 meter away from the  opening.. 47mm on 4x5 is super...super wide ;)  . You can can really get some incredible contrast with TriX in 320 sheet form...the grain also seems to be pretty fine which provides some great shadow detail....best of both worlds.   

5 hours ago, philipus said:

Thanks Philip....you will....starting to get back into the swing of things!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, adan said:

Drowning Bison. near Bakerville, Colorado. Interstate 70, Milepost 220

Hassy 500C, 150mm Sonnar C, Delta 100, Rodinal.

Part of a photographic "Transect" of Colorado I am working on - one picture every 10 miles along Interstate-highway 70 from Utah to Kansas. 450 miles/725km - 46 pictures (counting Milepost 0).

Great concept....looking forward to seeing the other 45.

7 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

6 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Golden sun:

Same combo

6 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Also from this session. Please let me know, what you favor! 

Thanks for the interruption James....wonderful colors indeed!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Xícara de Café said:

Leica IIIf, Summaron 3.5cm 1:3.5, yellow filter, Ilford Delta 100, Kodak D-76 1:1.

I really like the contrast in this shot...adding the yellow filter was a great choice.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1