I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, christoph_d said:

The ProImage 100 renders reds quite well, though I have not really pictures that I can show that show graduations or other subtleties. 

MP, 50, ProImage 100

I see Adam was there too ;)

• Haha 5

I like the ProImage 100. In my experience soft lit lighting situations seem to suit it more - as shown in the image below - but that's probably true for most films.

It seems quite an allrounder - given the limitations of 100 ISO - and I will consider using it again. 

MP, 90, ProImage 100

I may try this, pushing it +2. I'm currently pushing Ektar by the same amount.

• Thanks 1

After having seen several examples of pictures taken with the - new to me - Kodak ProImage 100 colour negative film, I recently purchased a box of 5 and used them on a long weekend trip down at the seaside in Saint Malo. I thought I show you the result as the film is clearly less costly than Portra or Ektar. Overall it is a very capable film. Using Lightroom it is easily adjustable and it reproduces colour almost as nicely as Portra does, perhaps not quite as nicely balanced. At times it seems to show more grain than Portra, but overall I like it a lot. The "vacation picture" I posted above shows the colours at sunset. Here I think Portra would have given a more balanced view, whereas ProImage tends to go to the poster-approach; but then that may also have to do with my pp.

The picture below shows a view out on the beach in the morning hours. The soft colours of the morning are well captured, and the image also captures some of the details hidden in the shadows of the room.

MP, 50, ProImage100

Beautiful result with ProImage! But the photographer is much more important than the film

• Thanks 1

A view from the Pier back to Saint Malo with the ProImage 100. The blues of the sky shine through, though here too much grain is visible for my taste. 

Perhaps the processing? I sometimes get this effect with skies in ProImage, other times not.

Edit: though looking at my proimage shots again, the images with a deep clear blue sky do suffer the most from this

Edited by Xícara de Café
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, philipus said:

Very nice Keith. The Planar 80 is really an excellent lens, so versatile and capable. I don't think mine has ever let me down actually.

Thanks Philip. The qualities of the Planar are (I think) shown very well in this shot also from yesterdays roll of Fomapan 100.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Leica IIIf, Summaron 3.5cm 1:3.5, yellow filter, Ilford Delta 100, Kodak D-76 1:1.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2019 at 5:52 PM, Kl@usW. said:

Anacapri, the village on top of the mountain, has it´s own identity..here you see a part of a  group of musicians performing a kind of tarantella.. 

M7, SLX 35 Portra 160 @100 

this is hysterical, Klaus.  Congrats!

On 7/26/2019 at 6:02 PM, Sparkassenkunde said:

This rather experimental shot was done in Croatia. As you can see it is quite difficult to frame with a totally black view finder. I tried to have Polaris in frame but this simply didn't work out. I exposed for about 1 hour and when I came back to the camera I had to see that the front lens was fogged and I was really curious, if there would be something on the emulsion. The picture was post processed in Lightroom to show a more or less black sky. The scan came out with a rather brownish background:

From the same roll as above

Wow, the end result looks great, Jame!.  I really want to try this myself!

On 7/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, mdachs said:

m6 tele-elmar viso II bellows II Kodak 200

Joachim

Gorgeous palette and bokeh - bravo

3 hours ago, christoph_d said:

I like the ProImage 100. In my experience soft lit lighting situations seem to suit it more - as shown in the image below - but that's probably true for most films.

It seems quite an allrounder - given the limitations of 100 ISO - and I will consider using it again. 

MP, 90, ProImage 100

wow, these are really special colors, Christoph.  Love your series.

• Thanks 4

On 7/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, mdachs said:

m6 tele-elmar viso II bellows II Kodak 200

Joachim

Love the shade combinations of  purple mixed with the whites and darker tones.  Beautiful capture

• Thanks 1

City Council, Birmingham

M2 Ultron 35/2 Delta 100 in DDX

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, Keith (M) said:

Pleased with the tonal gradations from the roll of Fomapan 100 shot yesterday (dev'd in Rodinal 1:50).  A possible substitute for Acros 100 (until it reappears...).

H500C, 80mm Planar.

Fomapan in Rodinal has such a nice and “dark” gradiation. And in mc uou don’t need to worry too much about its grain. Nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MT0227 said:

It's been a while...Work, Life and Photography has not been in balance the last several months.  I also had to convert my entire catalog to a new workstation, which got me way behind on  developing and processing.  I've got most of everything back in order,  just a bit more to do on that work, life, photography balance thing. 

Linhof Master Technika Classic
Schneider Super-Angulon 5.6/47 XL
Tri-X 320 4x5
Developed in HC-110 (B) @20C Jobo 3010 Expert Drum
Epson 850V

Suburban Decay - Milltown, NJ

Suburban Decay by Marc Tauber, on Flickr

Wow, what a stunning comeback! Your composition is perfect and the black&white is a dream. Take care of yourself, esp. with this so called work-life-balance. I also ever again fail in keeping the balance. And this tends to have a negative impact on my photography as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1