Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Excellent Phil, wonderful colours and a real wimmelbild sort of photo with lots going on. Yes, upside down is the weather. 

1 hour ago, stray cat said:

Strange to think as we shiver in Melbourne that this was taken just a few days ago...

Waikiki 2019

M6TTL, 35mm summicron, portra 400

I'm very happy I am not alone in liking to photograph these things, delightful. 

4 hours ago, mdp said:

Growing skywards

M2 Summarit 90/2.4 Delta 100

Haha, made me laugh Andy. Technically perfect too.

7 hours ago, adan said:

Kodak TMax 400, Hasselblad C500, 60mm Distagon

I like this one Steve. You're giving Mr Parr a run for his money methinks :)

20 hours ago, sblitz said:

last one, I think this is Portra 400 but I can't swear to it, 35m summicron .... Paddington Station ..

Wow this is very smooooth, nicely done. I had to look up that developer. Seems a very good combo with FP4.

23 hours ago, Tmx said:

500 cm, 50mm, FP4, Moersch Eco

Such a compelling composition, and just the right tonality and definition in the sky. Well done.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:26 PM, espelt said:

Marbach am Neckar.

M2; Summicron dr; Agfa APX 100; Rodinal

6 hours ago, stray cat said:

Strange to think as we shiver in Melbourne that this was taken just a few days ago...

Waikiki 2019

M6TTL, 35mm summicron, portra 400

Nice. Looks more like Ektar than Portra.

Rauschenberg's Brush Not Erased
M-A APO 50 E100

Color field study of walls, windows, a Kauai mannequin, a film end tab, and Rauschenberg's 1/4 Mile brush, not erased like his "Erased Willem de Kooning Drawing" (1953). On this 100th birthday of Bauhaus, which Leica recognizes with a limited edition CL--what happened to the commemorative Bauhaus M-A?--I used Josef Albers's innovation of the transparency of opaque colors, while notably paying homage to Albers and his Bauhaus photocollages from 1930, shot with his Leica, which included many mannequin collages. The mannequin as a subject made a statement about identity in an emerging world of production-line assembly and was also the focus of Albers's contemporaries--Eugene Atget, Bill Brandt, Manuel Alvarez Bravo, and many others. When Albers and his wife emigrated to the United States in 1933, he taught at the Black Mountain College and many of his students became important artists, among them, Robert Rauschenberg. So, what's more appropriate to restate Rauschenberg's contributions and beginnings from a Bauhaus teacher than a simple paintbrush. Well, perhaps not so simple when we consider that the tool of art becomes the art itself, just as color field study restates the basis for color photography. Of course, we have to give a nod to black-and-white, as well. The restricted palette of grays.

Fireworks July 4 Tanglewood Lenox MA .... 35mm summicron, "new" Kodak Professional 100 .... trying it out, more pics below ... looks like a cross between Portra and Ektar .. but it has good DR relative to Ektachrome, which I still love ...

8 hours ago, sblitz said:

Fireworks July 4 Tanglewood Lenox MA .... 35mm summicron, "new" Kodak Professional 100 .... trying it out, more pics below ... looks like a cross between Portra and Ektar .. but it has good DR relative to Ektachrome, which I still love ...

Do you mean the ProImage 100 or some other film?