I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Contax IIa, etc.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharif said:

Anna Lauvergnac, Jazzkeller Frankfurt am Main, Zeiss Ikon ZM, Summicron 50, Ilford Delta 400@1600, ID 11

Sharif

Awesome scene, Sharif.

2 hours ago, mdp said:

I have a Plustek which only does 35mm, and I also have a Novaflex copy frame which does 35mm and 120 using a macro lens on a digital camera (although I only shoot 35mm).

It may be worth looking into scanners that do both. 

Plustex makes a version that does 35mm and 120, I have the only 35mm version and I think it is excellent. 

• Thanks 1

Somewhere quiet to sit

MP Summarit 90/2.4 Delta 100

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

Something fishy

MP, 75, Portra160

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 hours ago, sblitz said:

On Tuesday June 25 I was in Florida to spend the day with my dad on his 97th birthday. We had a really great time and we rummaged through his camera collection. I came upon this Yashica Mat 124G, and my dad was always a 35mm shooter. He told me he got it online because it was so cheap but that he couldn't find a place to develop 120 film, so he told me to take it. It is a lot lighter than a Roller TLR, and I had been thinking about getting some 6x6 for fun, so I said okay. Turns out my dad died that Saturday, so it was wonderful to have that time with him -- lucid and ambulatory to the end. Anyway, I took the camera out just to shoot and get used to it a little bit. Here is a picture I took, portra 400, by the Central Park reservoir. Knowing my dad he would've loved this shot of a mom taking a pic of her little girl. Anyway, the backstory isn't really necessary but some of us have met, some of us know each other, and so this is a place where I feel comfortable sharing the story. BTW, I will be getting his Leica IIIf, some lenses, and a beautiful Bolex 8mm camera with two lenses (found out you can still get 8mm film, so why not have some fun!!!!).

Hello Steve,

Sorry about your dad. It's good that you spent time with him.

Best Regards,

Michael

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Canary Wharf rush hour, London.

MP, CV 15mm, HP5

• Like 12

Lime One
M-A APO 50
Film tab.

• Like 15

14 hours ago, sblitz said:

On Tuesday June 25 I was in Florida to spend the day with my dad on his 97th birthday. We had a really great time and we rummaged through his camera collection. I came upon this Yashica Mat 124G, and my dad was always a 35mm shooter. He told me he got it online because it was so cheap but that he couldn't find a place to develop 120 film, so he told me to take it. It is a lot lighter than a Roller TLR, and I had been thinking about getting some 6x6 for fun, so I said okay. Turns out my dad died that Saturday, so it was wonderful to have that time with him -- lucid and ambulatory to the end. Anyway, I took the camera out just to shoot and get used to it a little bit. Here is a picture I took, portra 400, by the Central Park reservoir. Knowing my dad he would've loved this shot of a mom taking a pic of her little girl. Anyway, the backstory isn't really necessary but some of us have met, some of us know each other, and so this is a place where I feel comfortable sharing the story. BTW, I will be getting his Leica IIIf, some lenses, and a beautiful Bolex 8mm camera with two lenses (found out you can still get 8mm film, so why not have some fun!!!!).

Sorry for your loss Steve, sad but nice you had good time with your father.

robert

PS: yes, this is a good photo

Edited by robert blu
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2019 at 10:45 AM, nefarious said:

Do tell me why the M2 over the M3 please?!

I am not sure if the question is for me. Anyway…

I like the M2’s viewfinder – I occasionally use a 35mm lens which is somewhat problematic on an M3. I also like the wide area outside the 50mm frame lines on the M2 – lots to see that I could put in the picture. I also do not use my 135mm lens that much so I do not miss it from the M2.

Notwithstanding all that, I love the M3 with a 50mm lens. The .92 magnification is great, and it is almost ideal for a 90mm lens. For the same reasons that a 50 is good on an M2.

The M2 is also a good traveler, with a 35, 50 and 90. An almost universal kit.

Edited by Michael Hiles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It has been some months since I posted here due to many factors. However today I developed/scanned a roll of Tri-X and one of Acros 100 taken with my M7.  Expect a few uploads!

First off - seen last month and taken with 35mm Summaron on Tri-X.

Edited by Keith (M)
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

vor 17 Stunden schrieb sblitz:

Just let me express my condolences Steve, but isn't wonderful, that you could spend the last days together and share your love for photography?

15 minutes ago, nefarious said:

Thank you Steve. Have you ever used the high Res scanning??

I send my film to AGPhotolab for development only as I scan using a Plustek 8200i, however I rate AGPhotolab highly and find the service cost effective and the turn-around very quick, eg post Monday and have the negs back by Thursday the same week.

• Like 1

Ektar 100

• Like 15

More Ektar 100 

• Like 15