Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Photokina 18. I have a feeling she will at some point have bought that camera :) 

Flickr
FM3A 85/1.8 pre-AI (thanks again Chris; love this lens) Portra 400(EI800) X1

22 hours ago, Kl@usW. said:

fantastic stray cat. Are you channeling Raymond Chandler? The hard boiled private eye waiting behind the reflecting window-waiting for the mysterious and beautiful woman asking for more than one favour ? Now it´s your turn, @benqui😀

Yes, Klaus, I am a big fan of Raymond Chandler and the whole noir ethos, so I really like this train of thought. Sadly, though, I'm not too sure how much cloak and dagger intrigue was going on inside the bowling club at the time, and I'm pretty sure the women asking for "favours" would be more likely to be asking you to help them up the stairs to the social club rather than anything more tantalizing, but still - if I can be Philip Marlowe for just a short time, I'll take that! And even Marc Benqui, photographic magician that he is, might find himself a little challenged by bringing out the sassiness of those bowls club ladies...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, A miller said:

wow, Phil.  You are on fire today!  Love all of these.  The colors are just so beautiful!

wow!

9 hours ago, A miller said:

Outside of Hermes across from the NYSE 🐩

Portra 400 

M7, 28mm

Thank you so much Adam, I really appreciate that. And I think this latest picture of yours is right up there with your best -seen images. It just has so much going on which reinforces the message. I'm sure the lady in question was absolutely delighted that you pictured her hard at it. In fact - wait a second - isn't she one of the directors of your fan club?

I'm getting ready to head over your way - almost - on Monday. We'll be sticking to the west coast this trip, mainly Seattle where our younger son and his girlfriend have just become engaged. So it's a trip to meet the future in-laws which should be fantastic. Hopefully a chance to use the last of my Color Implosion and a bit of Portra 400 as well!

8 hours ago, stray cat said:

Thank you so much Adam, I really appreciate that. And I think this latest picture of yours is right up there with your best -seen images. It just has so much going on which reinforces the message. I'm sure the lady in question was absolutely delighted that you pictured her hard at it. In fact - wait a second - isn't she one of the directors of your fan club?

I'm getting ready to head over your way - almost - on Monday. We'll be sticking to the west coast this trip, mainly Seattle where our younger son and his girlfriend have just become engaged. So it's a trip to meet the future in-laws which should be fantastic. Hopefully a chance to use the last of my Color Implosion and a bit of Portra 400 as well!

Looking forward to your pictures. Colour implosion, should be interesting. Have a great trip!

Posted (edited)
Am 27.5.2019 um 05:51 schrieb NW67:

Not sure what bush this is but they certainly look like bells to me 

Ilford Delta 100 120 roll film developed in D76

Neil

Nice and interesting photo. The tea-garden suggests a tropical place--though you find the plant  ubiquitously  because of  its ornamental flowers. I think it´s a kind of Brugmansia. Wikipedia: Brugmansia species are amongst the most toxic of ornamental plants, containing as they do tropane alkaloids of the type responsible also for the toxicity of the infamous deadly nightshade. ( or  Atropa Belladonna ) In Europe you find a wild variety called Datura stramonium, poisonous too. There is a market for the fruit which is eaten; in the South of North America dried leaves of the wild variety  were used by native people ( in smoke huts); literature says the smoke delivers phantastic  (mainly erotic)  halluzinations. I found some of these plants in the " Arches National Park" ; they are smaller, white and beautiful. Didn´t try to smoke the leaves though. 

K. 

Edited by Kl@usW.

hot day, ices on the corner, kids, a universal scene ... this one on 116th St and Fredrick Douglass Blvd ... Leica MA 50mm summilux Ektar 100 (had to shoot it at some point)

14 hours ago, philipus said:

FM3A 85/1.8 pre-AI (thanks again Chris; love this lens) Portra 400(EI800)

Yes, a lovely lens.

16 hours ago, blueskyoveraquatic said:

Kodak 400TX D76 (1+1) 6 mins - D76 was mixed about 1 year ago - I am going back to film after shooting digital for 10 years.  Leica M5 + Jupiter-3

good stuff, and good luck with your film journey :)

15 hours ago, philipus said:

Wonderful Adam. She must be doing a great job judging by how spotless that window looks. I'm curious how you exposed with ISO 400 and 1/50 flash synch.

Thanks, Philip.  I pushed the film one stop and was probably at f8.5

14 hours ago, joergel said:

Leica M6 - Canon-LTM 1,4/50 - APX100 (new) - Rodinal

Grat form, Joergel.  

14 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

More from the 'Red Planet': Lomo 800CN redscaled at EI200; M6 35 f/2

Really cool, Steve.   I am sure that you had a long process of getting the colors right and so your view may be tainted by how it looked right out of the scanner and along the way of the various tweaks.  But I can tell you that looking at it cold without this history it looks really cool.

13 hours ago, }{B said:

Leica M7 & 50mm Nickel Elmar - Ilford Delta100 & orange filter

Good stuff.  Looks like a French Bulldog was left alone with the sheep at some point...

13 hours ago, stray cat said:

Wow, congratulations to you and your family, Phil!  I am very excited for you and your upcoming trip.  The only thing I regret is that your future daughter-in-law is not from NYC :)  I am sure you will have a great time nonetheless and I look forward to some great color photos!

3 hours ago, AntonioF said:

M3, Summicron 50 and Astrum 400

20190603-DSC03026 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

20190603-DSC03023 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

Love these, Antonio.  Never heard of that film.  Which film stock is it most like?

1 hour ago, sblitz said:

Lawn Bowling in Central Park, Portra 400 Fuji 645s 60mm lens

This is really cool, Steve.  I have never seen this game played in Central Park before.