I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Mallorca - 1999:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Fuji DL-1000 (probably) - Konica VX 100

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Istanbul, 1996:

Fuji DL-1000 (probably) - Kodak Gold 100

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Also on that roll of film:

• Like 18

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I drive end of june with my roadbike in the south of france for 5 days. I will take two Voigtländer Vito CS with me. One with Rollei RPX25 and  in the other I want to use Portra 400. Will be this a problem, because the camera can only stop down until f16 an 1/500 in the sun  ? The years before I took Fuji 200 and  I had no problems with overexposure. I think Portra 160 has different colours. Can I use Portra 400  ? 

Corfe Castle 2019. Lomo 800CN Redscaled at EI200. Leica M6 35 f2

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Seen at an exhibition around the design arts of Ferrari, Berlin,1994. The fresh scans look a thousand times better than the prints I got in the days...

Camera model unknown - Agfa XRG 400

Edited by Sparkassenkunde
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chrism said:

I think I probably posted this in 2016 when I took it. A pretty house I noticed driving past. Funny thing, now we've bought it!

Tranquil lake by chrism229, on Flickr

There a many places on earth worse than this paradise! Though we have a lake just a two minutes walk away I'm a little bit envious :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Piano Player: Chopin Nocturne
M-A APO 50 ADOX Color Implosion E100

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Blue Box Duo III
M-A APO 50 E100 ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Blue Box Duo IV
M-A APO 50 E100 ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 13

On 5/31/2019 at 8:04 PM, mikemgb said:

The Grand Canyon, Olympus XA2, Fuji Superior.

beautiful, Mike

19 hours ago, Ramesh said:

Nice.

Your new profile pic ?? 🙂

Regards,

Ramesh

Ha ha, great suggestion.  I just may do that! :) 

12 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Istanbul, 1996:

Fuji DL-1000 (probably) - Kodak Gold 100

I really love this one, James.  There is so much people watching going on and so many of the people are doing interesting things.  Then there is the bird in motion blur even though the people are all walking and are not caught in motion blur.  Not really sure exactly why but this is one of my favorites from you 👌

12 hours ago, Rennrocky said:

I drive end of june with my roadbike in the south of france for 5 days. I will take two Voigtländer Vito CS with me. One with Rollei RPX25 and  in the other I want to use Portra 400. Will be this a problem, because the camera can only stop down until f16 an 1/500 in the sun  ? The years before I took Fuji 200 and  I had no problems with overexposure. I think Portra 160 has different colours. Can I use Portra 400  ? 

Should be no problem  I push Portra 400 to 800 all the time and use it in bright sunlight and the most I get to is f8.5 and 1/1000

12 hours ago, chrism said:

I think I probably posted this in 2016 when I took it. A pretty house I noticed driving past. Funny thing, now we've bought it!

Tranquil lake by chrism229, on Flickr

very nice, Chris. Where ya been?

12 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

Corfe Castle 2019. Lomo 800CN Redscaled at EI200. Leica M6 35 f2

very interesting effect, Steve.  Love how you are experimenting with different films. 

10 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Seen at an exhibition around the design arts of Ferrari, Berlin,1994. The fresh scans look a thousand times better than the prints I got in the days...

Camera model unknown - Agfa XRG 400

wow, love that red.  Hope you bought one as you probably would have made a fortune on the investment! 😉

I have a colleague at work who has a Ferrari and he tells me that Ferrari is quite limiting in terms who can buy a brand new car - apparently you have to be an existing owner and contractually promise not to sell the car within two years of purchasing it. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, A miller said:

I really love this one, James.  There is so much people watching going on and so many of the people are doing interesting things.  Then there is the bird in motion blur even though the people are all walking and are not caught in motion blur.  Not really sure exactly why but this is one of my favorites from you 👌

wow, love that red.  Hope you bought one as you probably would have made a fortune on the investment! 😉

I have a colleague at work who has a Ferrari and he tells me that Ferrari is quite limiting in terms who can buy a brand new car - apparently you have to be an existing owner and contractually promise not to sell the car within two years of purchasing it. 

I didn't have much memories about the pictures I have taken on that trip to Istanbul and also think that the lively scene at that place has much to discover. I found some disturbing pictures of myself on that roll, too. My fashion style in the 90's seemed to lack almost anything in regards of fashion :)

The Ferrari cars at that exhibition where definitely not for sale. As much as I like the style of these cars, I couldn't afford one than as I can't afford one now. My private goal remains to buy a Porsche, though 😎 

1 hour ago, stray cat said:

I've been revisiting some of my earlier Kodachromes. Kodachrome X, which became Kodachrome 64, was my main colour film through my early shooting days of the 1970s. The building in this picture has been replaced by a far more modern one, but I'm pleased to say the sign survived:

Carrum Bowling Club 1975

Canon TLb, FD 24mm f2.8 SSC, Kodachrome X

Wonderful mood in this one and how cool is it to see these vibrant colors in all their freshness after all these years since the photons did their magic on the Kodachrome emulsion!

• Like 2

Yellow Rose

MP VM 50/1.2 Delta 100

• Like 17

3 hours ago, stray cat said:

I've been revisiting some of my earlier Kodachromes. Kodachrome X, which became Kodachrome 64, was my main colour film through my early shooting days of the 1970s. The building in this picture has been replaced by a far more modern one, but I'm pleased to say the sign survived:

Carrum Bowling Club 1975

Canon TLb, FD 24mm f2.8 SSC, Kodachrome X

Love the colours of Kodakchrome, do any of the films remaining today come close? If so I'd like to hear from anyone with a view.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Ricoh said:

Love the colours of Kodakchrome, do any of the films remaining today come close? If so I'd like to hear from anyone with a view.

IMHO: Kodak Eastman Motion Picture Film developed in their original Juice (not in C-41) may be a candidate (look at their advertising material). Particular the 250 Emulsion looks interesting. Cinestill, developed in the same soup is of course identical. However, problems with removing the black gunk on the back and with getting the hands on the developer abound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3