Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, AndreasG said:

Neil,

the good news is, the new strap does not influence the setting... 😀usually, when I go around with my old 500CM and the 80 Plannar, I simply set it on f8/125, in case of lowe light at f5,6/125, for ASA100-160 color film.

Andreas

PS: Since your are traveling in Japan, if time allows, pay a visit to Yodobashi or BICCamera shops in Tokyo, they keep still a nice range of 120 films (but much less than 20 years ago...)

Thanks a lot Andreas. 

I will give it a bash when I get home. 

Neil

On 5/12/2019 at 1:33 PM, edwardkaraa said:

wow  love the greens in the first one, Edward!  I wold have guessed that it was a Fuji film! :)

14 hours ago, Wayne said:

Zeiss Ikon Contessa, Fuji 100, Tessar 45/2.8

Very beautiful, Wayne.

13 hours ago, NW67 said:

I’ve just ordered a new strap for my Hassy 503CW, so along with the 40 odd roles of color and B&W 120 film I’m going to have another go at shooting 6x6. 

Question. 

When out shooting street style photography when it’s impossible to meter for each shot, how to you guess/meter a scene?

neil

Neil - I use a small handheld Sekonic light meter that can be tucked into any pocket, even a shirt pocket.  One press of the side button and you get a perfect incident exposure reading and you can adjust from there as you wish (I usually give a little extra exposure).  

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1390250-REG/sekonic_401_305_l_308x_u_flashmate_light_meter.html/?ap=y&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqp2TrdaZ4gIViYizCh3zBAKoEAQYASABEgIHp_D_BwE&smp=Y

I have had zero luck with smart phone apps.  Rubbish IMHO.

6 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

Here comes another scene from the Easter Parade & Bonnet Festival at 5th Avenue:

M3 - Cron 50 DR - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

very good, James!

5 hours ago, edwardkaraa said:

wow, very peaceful and inviting, Edward!!

4 hours ago, AntonioF said:

Pirates/Tourists docking at Positano

M6, Summicorn 35 asph, Portra 400

20190512-DSC02860 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

20190512-DSC02861 by antoniofedele, on Flickr

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! A scurvier nest of bilge-rats I've yet to see! To the plank and send the lot of 'em to Davy Jones' locker!

1 hour ago, A miller said:

Neil - I use a small handheld Sekonic light meter that can be tucked into any pocket, even a shirt pocket.  One press of the side button and you get a perfect incident exposure reading and you can adjust from there as you wish (I usually give a little extra exposure).  

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1390250-REG/sekonic_401_305_l_308x_u_flashmate_light_meter.html/?ap=y&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqp2TrdaZ4gIViYizCh3zBAKoEAQYASABEgIHp_D_BwE&smp=Y

Cheers Adam,

i actually have that very same meter somewhere in my place in malaysia. I will have a look for it the next time I am there. 

Thanks

neil 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, A miller said:

wow  love the greens in the first one, Edward!  I wold have guessed that it was a Fuji film! :)

Very beautiful, Wayne.

I have had zero luck with smart phone apps.  Rubbish IMHO.

very good, James!

wow, very peaceful and inviting, Edward!!

Thank you very much for the nice comments Adam! :) 

4 hours ago, Ernest said:

Conversion Scheme
M-A APO 50  ADOX Color Implosion & E100
Nikon F2 Micro-Nikkor 55mm  RGB (1976)

Your images ever cease to amaze me, Ernest. The more I see, the more I want to see.

I like it a lot James. It has a surreal look, almost like one of those artists impressions of what a new city development will look like, with people and trees superimposed in a scene.

13 hours ago, Sparkassenkunde said:

I like the colors and the three dimensional effects in this one:

Ricoh GR1 - Agfa CT 100 Precisa

Wow Edward, what a scene and colours. It's almost like one of Rog's studies but in nature.

13 hours ago, edwardkaraa said:

M7 35/1.4 Distagon Ektar 100 by edward karaa, on Flickr

3 hours ago, philipus said:

Wow Edward, what a scene and colours. It's almost like one of Rog's studies but in nature.

Thanks a lot, Philip! Much appreciate it. 

Question

I have a Plustek !20 and a Epson V850. What would you guys recommend using for 120 film ( color or B&W). I currently use my V850 for sheet film so wondered what would be best for 120 film?

neil

13 minutes ago, NW67 said:

Question

I have a Plustek !20 and a Epson V850. What would you guys recommend using for 120 film ( color or B&W). I currently use my V850 for sheet film so wondered what would be best for 120 film?

neil

Best would be a Nikon 9000, but the Plustek is a very good option. 

3 hours ago, NW67 said:

Question

neil

I have the same. Plustek 120 for 135 & 120, and the Edson for sheet film. The Epson’s a lot faster if you’re just wanting an image for posting, though.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb chris_z:

Pentax 67II with Tri-x

Good to see you again with this really beautiful portrait!