Doc Henry

I like film...(open thread)

13 hours ago, philipus said:

Very nice portrait John. Is it shot through a veil or something like that?

Thank you. My daughter was about to walk through her screen door and I asked her to stop.

Johm

13 hours ago, stray cat said:

Just before Easter my family had the privilege of having Pritam stay with us for a couple of nights. We went out photographing the local area on a very windy day - it was a lot of fun:

Pritam, Pulpit Rock 2019

M2, 35mm Summicron, Ilford XP2 Super

GREAT one, Phil  Makes me want to come visit you! ;)

12 hours ago, stray cat said:

the cups 2019

M2, 50mm Elmar, Ilford XP2 Super

Wow, really great.  Love it.

4 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

Reassuring to know Business Open As Usual, HP5+, Pentax MX, 85mm f/2

Good one, Steve 👍

10 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

I won't be at all surprised if many here will say, 'don't see a monolith' :)

Thanks Steve. The story is, I was sitting on a rock lining up a shot of the spotty rock with the monolith behind when these girls walked past, almost stepping on me. I thought the least they could do would be to become part of my composition!

10 hours ago, Ernest said:

Wow! Hello, Google Earth, 80,000 ft. (or 8 inches), we are on pure oxygen. Your astounding shopping carts diptych was channeling Pollock in spirit with a well-articulated abstraction of the residue of consumerism, a monochromatic documentation of shopping machines that charts the archeology of urban habitation, while here, you have pushed the abstract palette to flesh out the sensory landscape, painting with light. 

Thanks for pushing me to Koudelka’s Exiles! I see the line you draw between him and Trent Parke.

Cheers, Rog 🎬

Thank so much, Rog. I am so pleased you received and are enjoying Exiles. I am still waiting for my second copy of Tarkovsky: Polaroids to arrive, after the first one went missing. Perhaps I am doomed never to see it!

2 hours ago, NW67 said:

Love the colors Phil...... what is it

neil

Thank Neil. It is part of the side of a yacht in dry-dock.

1 hour ago, A miller said:

GREAT one, Phil  Makes me want to come visit you! ;)

Wow, really great.  Love it.

Good one, Steve 👍

Thank you, Adam, and of course you are more than welcome anytime. I'm sure Pritam will agree there are many places worth photographing down here.

1 hour ago, A miller said:

Board Member, representing Harlem, NYC

Portra 400

M-A, 50mm Lux

His joie de vivre is palpable! Luckily that red right hand is holding him back!

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/10/2019 at 6:26 AM, benqui said:

M6, Apo 50, Tmax 3200 with ISO 1600

On 5/10/2019 at 9:12 AM, johnwolf said:

M6 | C-Biogon | HP5+

23 hours ago, JMF said:

Juveny - Nov 2013 by JM__, on Flickr

Ilford 3200 - 45 Nikkor AIP - FM3A

Just gotta love these portraits!

Edited by stray cat

Terrific shot, you must have had much fun photographing together. If you think of it, it's pretty amazing the camaraderie that this little thread has created and how it effortlessly crushes distances. Such joy.

23 hours ago, stray cat said:

Just before Easter my family had the privilege of having Pritam stay with us for a couple of nights. We went out photographing the local area on a very windy day - it was a lot of fun:

Pritam, Pulpit Rock 2019

M2, 35mm Summicron, Ilford XP2 Super

Wow Phil, this is just amazing. I like the title very much, too.

21 hours ago, stray cat said:

atlas 2019

Canon F1N, FDn 100mm f4 macro, Agfa Vista 400

Great abstract Steve, I like it a lot. You've and the others who have recently posted black and white photos have inspired me to shoot more black and white. Because I am rubbish at developing film without getting it infested with dust spots and cleaning marks beyond repair I haven't shot much for a long time but I have recently come up with an idea that I want to try out, a...(wait for it)...film dryer. We'll see how it goes. 

20 hours ago, Steve Ricoh said:

Urban Abstract on HP5+, Pentax MX, 85mm f/2

And people say Star Wars isn't real. You can even hear those lasers.

7 hours ago, stray cat said:

star wars 2019

Canon F1N, FDn 100mm f4 macro, Agfa Vista 400

16 minutes ago, philipus said:

Terrific shot, you must have had much fun photographing together. If you think of it, it's pretty amazing the camaraderie that this little thread has created and how it effortlessly crushes distances. Such joy.

Wow Phil, this is just amazing. I like the title very much, too.

Great abstract Steve, I like it a lot. You've and the others who have recently posted black and white photos have inspired me to shoot more black and white. Because I am rubbish at developing film without getting it infested with dust spots and cleaning marks beyond repair I haven't shot much for a long time but I have recently come up with an idea that I want to try out, a...(wait for it)...film dryer. We'll see how it goes. 

And people say Star Wars isn't real. You can even hear those lasers.

Thank you so much as always Philip for your kind, thoughtful and generous comments.

What you say about the camera-aderie here is very true. 0 From the start it was as if Pritam and my family were old friends. The welcome fact is that we now ARE old friends!

Thank you regarding Atlas. I did think the worn and faded paint looked a lot like something in those old atlases we used to have at school, hence the title.

Steve's abstract (as is his wont) is indeed wonderful. Another strategy for shooting in black and white might be to use Ilford XP2 Super, as the scanner's dust removal software will work with this emulsion. It makes a big difference.

The Drive-In where the Star Wars fighter thingy acts as deterrent to evil empires isn't too far from home. I encountered it on a motorbike ride, a pursuit that goes hand in glove with photography. I guess you are on a different plane of awareness in both activities - one for basic survival, the other for picture fodder.

Am 10.5.2019 um 23:24 schrieb lookbook:

streetlight brittany

linhof press - trix d76

Very good!!

Am 11.5.2019 um 00:43 schrieb A miller:

Board Member, representing Harlem, NYC

Portra 400

M-A, 50mm Lux

yes and always in contact with you with his earphones!!